The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION AMAZON FBA, packaging question before sending to amazon warehouse

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
Hello

I have this problem or rather a question.

Im starting to do FBA, fulfilled by amazon, and I cant figure this out - When packaging my product, do I have to put bar code on every product? Like my product is in a velvet baggy.
Cant imagne a bar code on it...Or can I put the bar code on outside of the box where all velvet bags are in.
If you have any other suggestions, tips please feel free to educate me.

Peace

Have a wonderful day

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Roli

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Hello

I have this problem or rather a question.

Im starting to do FBA, fulfilled by amazon, and I cant figure this out - When packaging my product, do I have to put bar code on every product? Like my product is in a velvet baggy.
Cant imagne a bar code on it...Or can I put the bar code on outside of the box where all velvet bags are in.
If you have any other suggestions, tips please feel free to educate me.

Peace

Have a wonderful day
As long as the bar code is on the box and it's the only SKU in the box it's fine. However they will put the bag in another box so that each individual product can be scanned.

To save money, you can do that bit yourself.

Blazen56k

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 19, 2019
You’ve basically got three options, one of which Amazon may determine for you. If you have a UPC,EAN, GTIN on your product (and it correctly scans to the Amazon ASIN, you may use the existing barcode. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to print out ASIN labels and stick those over existing barcodes. This is only relevant when you commingle with other seller inventory at an FBA warehouse. If you do not have commingle turned on, then Amazon will generate a unique FNSKU that you will print out and stick over existing barcodes.

Even in cases where you are 100% commingling, Amazon my still force you to FNSKU label your inventory for various reasons.

OP
OP
alekssiht

alekssiht

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
You’ve basically got three options, one of which Amazon may determine for you. If you have a UPC,EAN, GTIN on your product (and it correctly scans to the Amazon ASIN, you may use the existing barcode. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to print out ASIN labels and stick those over existing barcodes. This is only relevant when you commingle with other seller inventory at an FBA warehouse. If you do not have commingle turned on, then Amazon will generate a unique FNSKU that you will print out and stick over existing barcodes.

Even in cases where you are 100% commingling, Amazon my still force you to FNSKU label your inventory for various reasons.
Yeaaa, got it fo now. Thank you still!

Blazen56k

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 19, 2019
So
Yeaaa, got it fo now. Thank you still!
Sorry for the late reply, just joined! Glad you figured it out, if you are shipping a lot, and Amazon is breaking up your shipments and sending them all over the place, check out the software called Seller Engine, it and InventoryLab were what I used, best of luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom