The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon Conversion Rates?

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
Hey everyone, I have been selling a single product in the health and personal care category on Amazon for about 6 months now. My conversion rate for people visiting my page over that period has been about 12%. I know that is quite high for general ecommerce, but am not sure how that compares to other Amazon sellers. Could anyone who also sells on Amazon share what your conversion rates look like? I have experimented a little bit with tweaks to my copy and photos, but am not sure if I am missing out on a lot of conversions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey everyone, I have been selling a single product in the health and personal care category on Amazon for about 6 months now. My conversion rate for people visiting my page over that period has been about 12%. I know that is quite high for general ecommerce, but am not sure how that compares to other Amazon sellers. Could anyone who also sells on Amazon share what your conversion rates look like? I have experimented a little bit with tweaks to my copy and photos, but am not sure if I am missing out on a lot of conversions.
Last 30 days:

Product one 51.97%
Product two 25.74%
Product three 22.30%

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
@youngtrep
I bet you have a lot of 5 star reviews coming in for it to be that high consistently in the H&P section! Nice job.

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
@AllenCrawley
Those are enviously high conversion rates. How many sessions do you get roughly per day,what is your BSR and (if you want to be as vague as possible) what category.

OP I get between 7%-high teens.

From what I understand 10% is around average, depending on category. Obviously lots to consider when discussing conversion rates. Category, price, price elasticity, keyword relevance and ranking, competition in niche.

youngtrep

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 30, 2013
Northeast USA
@AllenCrawley
Those are enviously high conversion rates. How many sessions do you get roughly per day,what is your BSR and (if you want to be as vague as possible) what category.

OP I get between 7%-high teens.

From what I understand 10% is around average, depending on category. Obviously lots to consider when discussing conversion rates. Category, price, price elasticity, keyword relevance and ranking, competition in niche.

I know conversion rate will likely vary really widely across categories, just wanted to get an idea. I've tried a couple things to improve conversions and have seen some fail miserably, so I just don't want to get greedy if I am already at a good level.

G

Guest12120

Product one 51.97%
Product two 25.74%
Product three 22.30%

Allen, the three numbers you posted add to 100% that tells me that you by mistake looked at Session Percentage column instead of Unit Session Percentage that gives you conversion rate.

I consider 15% conversion rate to be good. Anything 20%+ excellent. My all time conversion rate for my most popular product is almost 17%.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Oh I thought he was asking what I wished my conversion rate was ;)

turbojarhead

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 8, 2012
Over 10 products in beauty and h&p I average about 10-11%, with about 150 views a day. All very competitive, products range from 4%-17%, depending on which product is currently under competitor's attack. They should be higher, but I have tweaked till I am sick of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.