The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Amazing 3-D Copier -- You Have to See to Believe!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

domular

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Amazing - one more reason you want to be in the idea business and not the manufacturing business.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Amazing - one more reason you want to be in the idea business and not the manufacturing business.

The problem with being in the idea or invention business is that it takes years to bring a great product like that successfully to market as you have to do many tests and provide lots of funding before it's ready.

domular

Contributor
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
The problem with being in the idea or invention business is that it takes years to bring a great product like that successfully to market as you have to do many tests and provide lots of funding before it's ready.

I think you are misinterpreting idea for invention. Overall I think inventing anything new is a log shot at being successful. I'd much rather sell information or services to existing markets with automated delivery processes backing them up. You simply have to find out how to deliver it better and market it like a champ.

Keith Craigo

New Contributor
Jul 4, 2011
California
Wow! I knew there were lithography machines that can do 3d models but no where near the strength as this powder resin. There is a huge potential for this. They could sell it as a service directly to any garage based inventor, design houses, companies in any hardware field, Trade Shows etc... The only thing and it's big one, for NASA, is the issue of zero gravity, this would need to be solved first, otherwise that resin is going to get really messy. Thanks for sharing. speed++

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 29, 2011
I remember seeing Ikea having something similar to this that printed a prototype of a spoon or fork. They used what looked like liquid, but it was nowhere near this accurate (with the moving parts). If only these were massed produces and cost less than $300...

maximus20895

Contributor
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN

Yes, but you also have an advantage of being the only one with the technology.

These printers are currently being used in the packaging industry such as printing 16.9oz bottles.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Yes, but you also have an advantage of being the only one with the technology.

These printers are currently being used in the packaging industry such as printing 16.9oz bottles.

True. If you have an amazing product like that where it's patented so that no one else can sell it but you; it's pretty much guaranteed to make you wealthy. However, the initial costs of getting to the point where you can start selling it are probably above the average person's reach; you have to either have money to begin with or get venture capitalists to invest in you.

This isn't like inventing a snuggie; products like the one in the OP and the Bloom Box take millions of dollars of investment and years of development before they can enter the market because of the fact that they're so complex.

[video=youtube;A6DLyruTqHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6DLyruTqHI[/video]

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Amazing, anyone that is a fan of Star Trek (like I am) will be absolutely stunned. In effect, it is a first generation replicator.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Amazing, anyone that is a fan of Star Trek (like I am) will be absolutely stunned. In effect, it is a first generation replicator.

It's actually a concept that I've read in some science fiction books; being able to download a schematic for any object and having it created by some machine right in your house. So, people wouldn't have to go to the store if they want a wrench; they can just print one out. Companies wouldn't have to lose money because they could charge for the schematic and people would print it out on their own; each purchase giving them the ability to print out one object.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
PA
It is probably just me, but I thought..... wouldn't it be totally awesome if they could scan me and then print out a perfect replica of me? I would so love that.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
It is probably just me, but I thought..... wouldn't it be totally awesome if they could scan me and then print out a perfect replica of me? I would so love that.

What if the copy of you decided that it owns your possessions? Would you let it come into your house and start taking your things?

StartOver

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2011
This is the perfect tool for an entrepreneur that owns the right to a toy brand, for example. As the designs are thought up, by lunch they can be ready for further production and discussion.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom