• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD [AMA] Importing & wholesaling for resale on eBay.

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Ecom man, Apr 18, 2014.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. toxicrain

toxicrain Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $247
    hey, new member here, i've been lurking around this forum for a few years now, reading.

do you anticipate any particular product to be a hot seller this holiday season? similar to popularity of gliding boards last season perhaps?

just curious mostly, i am not in e-commerce at the moment. thank you for a wealth of info in this thread!

2. Altraxx

Altraxx New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $48
    Hi Ecom man,

Great work on this thread, really helpful.

I'm wondering if you ever use Google trends to analyse the demand of the products you're about to buy.

Thanx

3. FreedomforEarl

FreedomforEarl New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $120
    I like that you tell it all and not trying to sell something. Good for you !

4. FreedomforEarl

Rep Bank:
    $120
    Good information ! I was the first to sell Stingray skins on ebay ! It was great , but shipping was crazy

Brian C. likes this.
  5. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    It might be a good way to do it but I've never used it.

Roli likes this.
  6. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    Just a quick update with 2016's total. I ended the year at 1.8 million in sales. I was expecting to do 2-2.5 but Christmas sales didn't increase as I was expecting. For 2017 I am going to be expanding into 2-3 more niches and setting up websites for each niche. My goal for all my businesses for 2017 is to hit 5 million in sales while keeping profit margins at 30-40+%. My long term plan is to get to 25 million in sales in the next 5-7 years and then sell the business.

Cableabe, Roli, hughjasle and 10 others like this.
  7. FreedomforEarl

Rep Bank:
    $120
    Wow, help teach me ! I have the skills but lack the experience. I have been selling all my life. I am working on my label. 20 years ago I had the chance to get some apparel in Footlocker. I did not know what I know now. No more being scared and afraid. I love this forum

8. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    So just a quick update in regards to my businesses. I am currently in Las Vegas for the ASD Marketweek. If you are a reseller this place will blow your mind! The first day was today and I found 3 new niches that I can set up sites and start selling immediately. I found suppliers for all 3 niches today as well. If you don't understand how huge that is let me break it down. Each site should represent 500k to a million year in sales. So today I added 1.5 to 3 million to my bottom line... in one day! Don't make excuses make money!

Cableabe, Roli, WhoAmI and 10 others like this.
  9. Curtis Randolph

Curtis Randolph Determined Problem Solver Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $337
    That is incredibly cool. And here I thought that my trade show days were behind me. ;-)

10. mosdef

mosdef Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $948
    is this mainly US sales?

11. NYCGoblin

NYCGoblin Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $738
    Is this your first time at that event?

12. Drew D

Drew D Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $806
    Wow incredible. Is this just through eBay? If so, why not mostly Amazon?

13. Chazmania

Chazmania Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,230
    @Ecom man - Amazing year congrats!! That's all still just wholesaling? No PL?

14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,690
    He sells on his own website and has his own brand for lots of his products

15. mosdef

mosdef Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $948
    has anyone has success with importing and selling whom is not living in a big country?

I have couple of problems living in Sweden.

1. How do i compete with shipping times for bigger markets like us,uk, germany and so on. If im shipping from Sweden?
    2. When i test my products i have to test on the swedish market and that wont give me a clear picture of how well the product sells?
    3. If i were to ship my product directly from us, uk or other markets how can i do that? Fulfillment centers? But then again, how can i test those markets before ordering big shipments...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. SJMM

SJMM Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $258
    Congratulations!!! Very Impressive. I read most of your thread and I wanted to ask if the products you are selling on your website are your own brand or wholesale or a mix of both? I am setting up a site and I am debating if I should sell products for different niches in one site or if I should set up one site per niche. of course I am starting with one niche and add to it but not sure if I should do it in one site. I have wholesale suppliers and products already but not sure if I should focus on one niche per site. Thank you so much!

17. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    Yep, I've never been before but it seriously blew my mind. I spent all 4 days walking and seeing virtually every booth at the show. I walked between 5-8 miles a day at the convention center.

Chazmania and NYCGoblin like this.
  18. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    J
    I set up and run my own websites now. Way more control over customer experience and way easier to get repeat customers.

Chazmania likes this.
  19. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    You can really do it either way. My personal opinion is to do a niche per site. Say for example I want to sell pool toys on a website. I wouldn't also sell women's clothing on that site but I might sell beach toys as well or other pool/beach related items.

20. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    IMG_0639.JPG This is just the pamphlets/business cards from suppliers who we are interested in ordering their products sometime in the next year. If we weren't going to set up a website in that niche in the next 12 months we didn't get any info. We collected all of this over the 4 days in Vegas. It wasn't easy but the value in that stack is beyond comprehension for most people.

21. Dicky Dee

Dicky Dee Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $466
    Nice! Are you still mainly using google shopping for driving traffic to your websites?

22. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    I mainly use Adwords and bing to drive traffic. I've tried Facebook but I just can't seem to get profitable on there.

Dicky Dee likes this.
  23. Striver

Striver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $279
    Do you have a post in this thread explaining the the transition over to your own website(s)?

Just wondering if it was gradual...and if you tested the market, and how.

24. Cwholesale

Cwholesale New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I think the biggest problem people have when they want to start selling is the mqq the supplier is asking like 1000 pcs minimum

Better to find people that are new in the business that will agree for a smaller order ( hard to find) but try looking at countrys like vietnam , cambodia , thailand . ( i can give some idea of people i know )

I have been working with wholesale for sometime i do live in Asia . what i noticed is that i get more customer to purchase from me if i sell small quantitys like 50 pcs minimum order but giving very competetive prices .

Anyway same here if any questions u guys can ask me .

Regards

25. Ecom man

Rep Bank:
    $26,849
    I just spent 4 days talking to wholesalers in just about any niche you can think of and the average minimum order... under $500. All these products were located in the US and you get your order in a really short period of time. You could even mix and match their products to get to that amount. Minimum orders is just another excuse that people use to excuse away why they don't take action.

Chazmania and Dicky Dee like this.