The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All Work No Play?

KingWing26

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 7, 2016
Boston, MA
The TFLF seems to focus on the work-side of the fast lane 99% of the time, but I rarely hear about what fast laners do outside of the work place.

What are some of the interesting hobbies that you all enjoy when you're not working?

For me, one interesting hobby I enjoy is creating hot sauces.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Dog training. In this hectic and digitalised world, being out there in the open with your dog is both relaxing and inspiring. They teach you so much about your body language and your inner strength.

The world would be a better place if everyone had a dog (and did something with it). Good question!

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
I build models and have an old car that I tinker with. I rebuilt the gearbox for the car last year, which was a really satisfying achievement, especially when it was put back into the car and it worked!

I also enjoy cooking and baking.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Kung Fu and San Shou (Chinese Kick-Boxing). 3 times a week is quite enough for me at the moment.

I'd like to ease back into weight-training and running as well, but find it hard to make the time.

I sporadically binge read/listen to podcasts/watch Udemy videos. Always about business or marketing.

The only TV I watch (other than international rugby) is one episode of Westworld per week.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
I build engines for scooters/RC and detail cars. Sometimes I put the scooters in the trunk and bring them to local car shows to ride around the parking lot. Motor heads get a kick out of it :)

When it's not that, it's fishing or riding my bicycle. I love the great outdoors.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hikaru Dorodango, or polishing dirt so to speak. Essentially, I make a ball of sticky mud and draw an ugly moisture out of it, while carefully coating it with finer and finer grains of holy soil. Then, I carefully work the dirt, by hand, polishing it into a high-gloss sphere of awesomeness. I am literally making a piece of art with my dirty hands! You could use this awesome technique even to polish a turd - though not recommended as a hobby!

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Depends.
If I'm alone I like reading, cooking, meditating, or watching some series(not a big fan of series, but I do enjoy stuff like House of Cards, Sherlock, etc.)
If I've got company, I party. Rarely, there's someone with whom I can seriously talk to, but most often, free time with people equals going out and drinking, etc.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
For me, one interesting hobby I enjoy is creating hot sauces.

That's cool, do you make dry rubs as well or just stick to sauces? I knew a gentleman in Boston who made his own sauces and rubs, they were amazing.

In regards to myself, choking people and joint manipulation, AKA the not so gentle art of Jiu Jitsu. If I could only recommend one physical pursuit to people it would be Jiu Jitsu.

Calling it a physical hobby or a sport is selling it short though. Once you reach a baseline of physical proficiency it's the mental aspect of the game that will separate people.

Being uncomfortable in bad situations, keeping calm and finding new pathways out and of course learning to breath.

This may seem foolish as many of you may have experience in breathing in the past, some of you may even be breathing right now. But I assure you unless you've trained in this discipline you have no idea how to breath under pressure.

While age can be a limitation in anything that requires physicality it's considerably less so in this martial art. Unless you include some of the 'fake martial arts' ahem Wing Chung.

I regularly train with guys and girls in their forties. Anthony Bourdain picked it up at the ripe age of 58 after a lifetime of heroin, cigarettes and fine wine.
anthony-bourdain-blue-belt.jpg

What a guy. Anyway, I've ranted enough on this subject. My intention is to hopefully convince one person, maybe even you, to try it out just once, you'll love it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Started learning Muay Thai in May. 2 months at Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand, and now in Saigon.

I'm a huuuge F1 fan though, so would love to get into Go Karting when I can afford it. I really only watch F1 on tv these days, except for when South Park put out a new episode :p

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Shooting, surfing, scuba diving, traveling (traveling constantly, over 12+ countries last year), dating, watches (if you can call that a "hobby" - more like an expensive obsession), photography.

I've done a lot of stuff, but I rarely can focus on more than one hobby at once. My favorite of the above probably has to be scuba diving.

The one constant in my life is internet / ecom business, and my hobbies rotate as I grow and learn new things.

Traveling has made me grow the most as a person (along with my business journey).

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Shooting, surfing, scuba diving, traveling (traveling constantly, over 12+ countries last year), dating, watches (if you can call that a "hobby" - more like an expensive obsession), photography.

I've done a lot of stuff, but I rarely can focus on more than one hobby at once. My favorite of the above probably has to be scuba diving.

The one constant in my life is internet / ecom business, and my hobbies rotate as I grow and learn new things.

Traveling has made me grow the most as a person (along with my business journey).

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 11.42.49 AM.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.