The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Albertan Engineering Student

bprimeau93

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2015
Hey all,

I'm a first year engineering student up in Canada. Got fired up about the whole save and invest for the long haul, compound interest spiel. Planned to invest and then reinvest my earnings, ad infinitum. After reading MJ's book I realized that there is much more potential, and excitement in finding your own path. This has led to a refreshing change towards thinking about what problems can be solved, what people need, in kind of a hierarchy sense in that I categorize ideas into low capital and high capital projects. Low capital projects being ones that I can pursue as a university student, and high capital being future endeavors. Nothing concrete has come of it yet, but I am hoping to gain some momentum from this forum.

All that being said, I highly value my engineering degree. I was not the biggest fan of math and science (classic high school student who echoed the "when will I ever use this sh*t???" mindset), but have drastically changed my perspective on that front. Ultimately I want to contribute in some way to a manned mission to mars.

My whole game-plan is based on my belief that working as an engineer will give credibility and experience for any future endeavors in the field, but I recognize that it is in many ways a cop-out that could turn into delaying action until I have the necessary skills (rinse and repeat).

Which is why I'm here. To connect with like-minded people, and maybe scrape some advice from those with much more experience and knowledge than me.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

bprimeau93

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bprimeau93

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2015
Edmonton for the time being, but not any longer than necessary. Any recommendations on good forum content to get started?

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the reply bprimeau93. I'm a mechanical engineer. I worked in Aerospace (aircraft testing, aircraft test design and rigging, aircraft part design etc.), industrial equipment (National Fluid Power Association approved hydraulic components), firearm design, prototyping and testing, 3D printers, and lately in injection molding.

If you want to share your thoughts on aerospace and electrical engineering, and why you like these, I would be happy to give some advice.

Lately I have decided to use my engineering skills to form my own Fastlane road. Check out the posts on FF I made most recently, within the last couple of weeks to see what I mean.

By the way, EE training would help a lot with trading Forex or similar. Specifically, DSP - Digital Signal Processing is the subject within EE that I am referring to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...