The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

MARKETPLACE Affiliate Parternship

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
jonsymons.com
Hey my blogging company just partnered with Text Link Ads. Pretty cool eh? Kinda pumped about it.
Prepare to have Google remove all the page rank (or worse) from any site you use those ads on:

Buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results.
Paid links - Webmaster Tools Help

OP
OP
Rem

Rem

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I think Text Link Ads helps to ensure proper use of buying and selling text link ads. I remember having this discussion over a year ago. Buying and selling text link ads within content I have seen is a growing market.

Not all paid links violate our guidelines. Buying and selling links is a normal part of the economy of the web when done for advertising purposes, and not for manipulation of search results. Links purchased for advertising should be designated as such. This can be done in several ways, such as:

* Adding a rel="nofollow" attribute to the <a> tag
* Redirecting the links to an intermediate page that is blocked from search engines with a robots.txt file

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
jonsymons.com
If they are "nofollow" then no worries, but when I used them a couple years ago, they were not. Every site I added them to got penalized within a couple months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom