The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Affiliate marketing

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
How would affliate marketing be used (or could it) if you're selling a service?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
1) You offer an affiliate program.
2) Users join up.
3) You pay them a commission on an action.

Action can be:

1) A click
2) A signup
3) A sale
4) A lead
5) Any *action* you deem commissionable.​

An example, I could offer an affiliate program here ... for every Fastlane user that refers a person to this forum would earn $1. If that person buys my book, $3.

Leveraging an affiliate program is a method to gain exponential growth as you leverage the efforts of others. Offering the affiliate program is Fastlane (Driver) ... joining one can be Fastlane (Passenger) but harder to achieve scale.

OP
OP
yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
How would I know which affliate to pay?

So much to learn. :smx6:

Andrew

Contributor
Aug 8, 2007
The fastest approach may be to set up an account with an existing affiliate network. This will give you an audience of very good affiliates immediately. Trying to pull in those affiliates on your own is a full time job. Beware, you may need to put up a significant amount of cash.

OP
OP
yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Andrew, can you explain this in more detail? ...I am in a travel/vacation related industry, are you saying that I could partner with an existing affliate program within my industry for a fee? ...How much does this generally cost?

CRBFL

New Contributor
Oct 9, 2007
1)... I could offer an affiliate program here ... for every Fastlane user that refers a person to this forum would earn $1. If that person buys my book, $3...
Book yes, forum no.:nono: I don't need another RDPD setting. :smxE::bgh: But I digress, either way I'm definitely good for a few books when the time comes. Plus your tab when ever we end up in the same bar.:smx6: Sometimes I feel like I don't give enough thanks for the forum.:thankyousign:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom