• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Affiliate Marketing? Why don't I believe YouTube tutorials?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Give100%, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Give100%

Give100% Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $276
    I was looking into PBN's for SEO and come across affiliate marketing. I have been watching YouTube videos on this subject but for some reason I don't believe what I'm seeing.

This is because every video I watch is basically getting you to do their affiliate marketing for them. I understand this is the way the world works and nothing is for free but I don't want to be taken for a fool either?

Can anyone give me any advice on books to read or highly regarded YouTube channels?

Is there any highly regarded YouTube channels that say they want to help you earn online money?

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Call it. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,559

Madame Peccato likes this.
  3. Give100%

Give100% Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $276
    Thanks for the post Raoul. When something seems to good to be true it usually is.

I was watching a guy on YouTube that was saying to go to Justdropped.com, buy an expired domain name and then auction it. I couldn't help thinking that he owns the Justdropped site, making up domain names and then selling them for more then you can buy from GoDaddy.

Or am I being paraniod? hahaha

4. Travis Robinson

Travis Robinson New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Honestly, I don't follow the guidelines of YouTube when it comes to affiliate marketing strategies, I mean they all point out at different instructions. But yes, I switched to automate LinkedIn connection and learned about it thoroughly by following a YouTube tutorial only.

5. Andrej

Andrej Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $179
    It's much more complicated than those gurus present in their videos/courses/whatnot.

Affiliate marketing has been my bread and butter for 8 years now, so feel free to leave any questions you may have here ITT and I'll reply back.

RazorCut likes this.
  6. Danczyk

Danczyk New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $80
    I have a friend who gets part of his income from affiliate marketing. It's not like sunshine and rainbows as those youtubers picture to us. He hustled hard for some time until he got it right and now it's autopilot.

Most wannabe affiliate marketers just do a review here and review there and wait for the commisions to come. Most don't even use the product or have any interest in the subject so basically they give no value to the reader.

For affiliate marketing there is this channel called "Affiliate world conferences". The people talk there are mostly those who did it and give some helpful hints.

I would like to see you take some action and present the results to us. I am very interested.

7. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,568
    For me MJ’s video is about having all your eggs in one basket. Having a website for example where you review or recommend products that link to Amazon via an affiliate link. If Amazon pull the plug your revenue is toast.

The same could be said if you sell exclusively on eBay or Amazon. If your account gets banned (and it does happen) then your business is down the pan. Having seen this first hand I think building a business on Amazon violates Control. Yet a lot of fastlaners businesses are based on it. It’s like building your house next to an active volcano. It might not erupt in your lifetime but then again it just might.

For me affiliate marketing is finding converting offers on affiliate networks like Clickbank etc. and pairing it will relevant traffic sources be it social media, native ads or whatever.

MJ talked about one of his affiliates making 5 figures a month. If he pulled the plug on that affiliate and that was his only gig yes that would hurt. But if that affiliate was running 8 other profitable campaigns for different products it is then only a part of his portfolio. He’ll then just go find another suitable offer to replace it with. No big deal. However chances are if you have one affiliate making you a great deal of money you are going to look after them.

There are some very talented affiliate marketeers out there making insane levels of income and are so good at their craft companies line up to work with them.

So I guess is all depends on your definition of affiliate marketing.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.