The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Adwords Account Suspended, not sure what is wrong

Marketing, social media, advertising

HsrJames

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio
I got an email on Thursday from Adwords saying that my account of 10 years had been suspended due to advertising violations. I called G and the rep I talked to said that my site looked fine but she would review it and get back to me by the end of the business day on Friday. Its Monday and I havent heard anything.

My site is a web app that allows tire buyers to see the dealer promotions in their local area. There are no ads on the landing page. A buyer enters their zip code on the landing page and is directed to the next page that shows them what deals are available in their locale. The only thing I can think of is that this could be considered arbitrage perhaps. But I am self selling the dealer memberships (not adsense) and they provide a lot more features than what is easily available on the web. The dealer promotions that display on the second page are the revelant and unique content. It is designed to be a good user experience and add value.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HsrJames

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio
So does anyone have any experience with being suspended and reinstated? Its been almost 3 weeks since the suspension, I called again 2 weeks ago and they said they are reviewing the account. I don't want to bug them, but would like to know what is happening.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I would keep calling and bugging the sales rep. I'm not sure how much you spend on advertising. The company I'm currently working for spends over $10k a month on ads. Our account got suspended, and we had to be on Google's a$$ to get them to help us. Losing a potential $100k+ in ad revenue is a drop in the bucket for Google, and they act like it.

I doubt anyone will be able to tell you what's wrong except for Google. All sorts of things can violate their terms. Also, you can be erroneously suspended (as we were).

NumbersGuy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 7, 2012
This is why I like to outsource Adwords work because Google changes their policy quite a lot, you can have a dormant ad pointing to a landing page which was allow before but is now disallowed so that could get yor account suspended.

A professional Adwords consultant has direct contact with a Google rep also so they can fast track all of this.

You should be alright, as long as the Google rep is confident that you asre not deliberately trying to game them, and have made an innocent mistake.. Trouble is it's taking you a bit longer than what I would have expected.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HsrJames

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Just as an update. I finally got a email from G stating that the account was suspended due to violations from affiliate programs I advertised from 7 years ago. It seems to be bad business that they would suspend me today for something that they were allowing me to promote back then. Anyway I just got off the phone with a company that says they specialize in getting accounts reinstated. The prices are susprising. $200 to inguire to G if you are blacklisted, $1000 to get the account reinstated, $3000 to coach you on how to be compliant and reinstate your site.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.