The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advise Needed...Cash Goals Reached...Now what?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BumpedJ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
May 16, 2017
Utah
First of all let me preface that this isn't a "humble brag" post. I'm fully aware that there are many people on this forum that are much more successful than I am and have much more money than me. I'm truly looking for advise on what my next steps in life should be.

I'm mid 30's. I'm married with 3 great kids. My house is paid off. My cars are paid off. I have zero debt.

My expenses are about 10k/month including travel and a great life style. Not a rich and famous lifestyle but one that allows for eating out, sports teams for my kids, entertainment and frequent travel.

My residual cash flow goals from my 20's were to get to 40k/month from pretty-dang-recession-proof Real Estate Passive Income. I have just recently exceeded that by a little bit and have now reached my goals.

What do I do now? Looking for real sincere advise from people that have thought about what they would do or have done. I want to make the most of my short time left (40-60 years ish).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What do I do now?

Since money is no worry, do whatever you love.

Or follow your passion.

You don't need the market's validation to do so.

For instance, having been in a similar position to you, I chose to write. I'm also teaching myself piano.

While no one will pay me to listen to my piano recitals, some people have paid to read my writing. That's a nice side effect.

In either case, I can pursue both and not worry about what the marketmind thinks of my work.

Congrats on the #Unscripted achievement!

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
Congratulations!

Do whatever will make you the happiest!
Watch your kids grow up!
Go on a second honeymoon!
Learn an instrument!
Join a band!
Start a book club!
Write a book!
Learn a language!
Start a non-profit!
Go (back?) to school!
Start (another?) business!
Invent something!
Climb a mountain!
Run for Mayor!
Get a six pack!
Do a triathlon!
Visit Antarctica!

Live life!

Again, congratulations. You've achieved what few have by leaving a script that few else will.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
I'm not sure what you could do but the answer is pretty much anything you want - congrats on achieving your target!

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
Congratulations.

How is your health and fitness? Now you have the time maybe consider a home gym and getting your diet in order. It's never to late to be fitter/stronger/healthier.

A question for you and anyone else in a similar position: if you enjoy where you are now financially, have you considered working toward doubling up? If not why not, if so why?
Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!