The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice for bringing in new business (loan origination) - in need of help

Idea threads

Eric0613

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2019
Hello friends,

I'm a former real estate agent from Los Angeles. I say former as I transitioned into the mortgage business after months of consideration and have grown to love the industry perhaps even better than my time as a realtor. My current position is a bit different than that of a normal loan officer. My daily consists of managing my teams pipeline, handling inbound calls/inquires, and processing the file since our processors are slower than snails and more than often make mistakes resulting in the deal dying. I consider myself to be personable and have success brining in clients from first initial meeting on the floor (I'm employed with a bank). However, these interactions are not enough as I want to bring in a higher volume of clients. I'm aware this is not an overnight process and learned as I fought hard to build the book of business I have in real estate (not a substantial amount of clients). I would love to hear of some ideas aside from cold calling that are effective that I can implement into my day-day and bring in new business. Being at a bank I'm provided a list of leads and my conversion ratio is very high but compensation for internal leads is extremely minimal hence why I need to bring in outside clientele. I appreciate any feedback that you all can provide!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Move the chains

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 15, 2019
Hello friends,

I'm a former real estate agent from Los Angeles. I say former as I transitioned into the mortgage business after months of consideration and have grown to love the industry perhaps even better than my time as a realtor. My current position is a bit different than that of a normal loan officer. My daily consists of managing my teams pipeline, handling inbound calls/inquires, and processing the file since our processors are slower than snails and more than often make mistakes resulting in the deal dying. I consider myself to be personable and have success brining in clients from first initial meeting on the floor (I'm employed with a bank). However, these interactions are not enough as I want to bring in a higher volume of clients. I'm aware this is not an overnight process and learned as I fought hard to build the book of business I have in real estate (not a substantial amount of clients). I would love to hear of some ideas aside from cold calling that are effective that I can implement into my day-day and bring in new business. Being at a bank I'm provided a list of leads and my conversion ratio is very high but compensation for internal leads is extremely minimal hence why I need to bring in outside clientele. I appreciate any feedback that you all can provide!
How about reaching out to realtors and whoever else is part of the buying cycle for mortgages for referrals?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.