The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on moving forward with ideas

Idea threads

atacelestina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 20, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I joined the forum not too long ago, and began looking for ideas. I opened my mind to finding any frustrations in my life or frustrations others experienced to see if I can find an idea. I found a few of them and need advice on moving on to the next step. Has anyone had trouble figuring out which idea to pursue first? I am struggling with choosing which idea i should pursue, and keep doubting myself on what ifs, what if the other idea is better, or will it work. I know that shouldn't be the way to think as we don't know, since market will tell us if it is. Would I need to just pick one, jump ship, and if it fails, move on to the next one? I have always struggled with this, sticking with an idea because I am always focused on the what ifs. I want to change that.

Thank you for any advice,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Considering prioritizing them based where you have the most domain experience.

The more you already know about the problem, the faster you'll find a solution for it.

Or prioritize based on the number of people with the frustration/problem.

A large market can be profitable and motivating.

If that doesn't help,
Write each idea on a piece of paper.
Put them in a hat.
Shake it up.
Pick one at random.
Then get to work.

Ideas are cheap. Execution is everything.

atacelestina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 20, 2019
T
Considering prioritizing them based where you have the most domain experience.

The more you already know about the problem, the faster you'll find a solution for it.

Or prioritize based on the number of people with the frustration/problem.

A large market can be profitable and motivating.

If that doesn't help,
Write each idea on a piece of paper.
Put them in a hat.
Shake it up.
Pick one at random.
Then get to work.

Ideas are cheap. Execution is everything.
Thanks for the great advice. I have to keep reminding myself that an idea will always be just an idea until I start executing it.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Well, you can always go forward with an idea in stages.
A feasibility study ... or maybe just thought experiments that expose obvious challenges which you will encounter is a first filter ... another is a properly executed validation phase (to test your assumptions regarding demand).

There is a commendable "just do it" attitude here, but many successful people think it is lazy and dangerous to skip product validation / testing assumptions.

Just make sure you don't bury ideas because of a gut feeling ... meaning without hard data.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

atacelestina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 20, 2019
Well, you can always go forward with an idea in stages.
A feasibility study ... or maybe just thought experiments that expose obvious challenges which you will encounter is a first filter ... another is a properly executed validation phase (to test your assumptions regarding demand).

There is a commendable "just do it" attitude here, but many successful people think it is lazy and dangerous to skip product validation / testing assumptions.

Just make sure you don't bury ideas because of a gut feeling ... meaning without hard data.
Thanks @Andreas Thiel . I agree that validating a product and having all the information necessary is important before moving forward with an idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.