The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice needed from Fashionistas/Fashion Students, App Developers & Mechanical Engineers

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Great minds think alike

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Wow that's funny! How did you make out with the idea? Any advice on where to begin?
That was 20 years ago, just an idea for personal use on a PC & database. No smartphones then either.
If there's other closet apps then there's a demand.
Not sure if your USP of not being buggy or crashing will be enough though.
Unless you have a hook

"We don't crash so your clothes won't clash"

Validation is more than just asking people if they would buy it.
You have to get people to actually buy it even if the app doesn't exist.

In short:
You create a webpage, called a landing page with your offer & the sales copy which entices them to buy.
The goal is to see how many people click buy now.
Then you think about making something. Sounds crazy I know but that's how it's done nowadays.
There's a lot more to it than that, I'm no expert on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Any suggestions where I can create a landing page?
I'm afraid not, couple of links here that I came across & bookmarked for future reference, but I've no experience of them so don't know if they're any good.

Aya5592

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2020
Hi Everyone !!

I was hoping to get some feedback or product validation about 3 ideas that I came up with and see what you guys think. Please be honest and let me know what you think, would you use this product, why or why not? And any other suggestions you might have would be helpful.

I've heard product validation is an important step to make sure that people would actually want to use your product and you wouldn't be wasting money on marketing and branding for nothing. Since it's hard to go out and ask people face to face during this pandemic, I didn't want to wait around so I decided to see what insights I can get from this forum.

Here are my 3 ideas:
1. A Virtual Closet App- I would like to create an app that allows you to upload your clothing either by taking a picture or searching it online. Then you can categorize your clothing based on season, materials, times worn, size, etc. You would be able to plan your outfits ahead for work or an event in a calendar that shoes you the weather for each day. You would also have the ability for the app to create outfits for you. You could share your outfit ideas with friends, family or even a forum (could be helpful for stylist). This is for the fashionistas, single moms, the busy professional women/men, or just the people who open their closet every morning and think, "I have nothing to wear." Eventually, I would like to expand these features but my main goal is to do what the other online closet apps can't do, which is have an app that doesn't crash or have bugs.
Productidea.jpg

2. Collapsible Heels- I really need advice from my mechanical or bio mechanical engineers here. I would like to create a high heel for women that has the ability to change the heel height from high heels to flats or even in between. I would like to incorporate something like an antenna that is able to collapse together but be able to withstand weight as well. I would like the shoe to be comfortable because I would like to make it for commuting women who hate to carry around 2 pairs of shoes while running to the train. There are other heels with this idea but they include separate parts acquire different heights or they only have 2 heights. I would like to create a prototype for this idea but I have no idea how or where to begin.
Sketch.jpg

3. Bags made for Fashion/Technical Design Students- This is probably the easiest idea I have since I once was a NYC fashion student and I know how to sew them myself but will the idea work? Mainly, I would like to create bags for students so that they don't have to carry around multiple bags. Being a fashion design student, we always had rulers sticking out or being poked by pins constantly. I would like to create a bag for men and women that can hold big items like an L-square ruler or a A3 sketch book. I would like it to be well organized with labeled compartments for all the supplies you need. I would like the bag to be able to convert into a messenger bag, to a book bag or even a tote for women. Hopefully it will help students who commute to school like I did or even freelance designers that carry around their supplies.

I hope to hear all your great feedback soon and thank you all for your time. It is greatly appreciated! :smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aya5592

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2020
Great minds think alike
Wow that's funny! How did you make out with the idea? Any advice on where to begin?

Aya5592

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2020
That was 20 years ago, just an idea for personal use on a PC & database. No smartphones then either.
If there's other closet apps then there's a demand.
Not sure if your USP of not being buggy or crashing will be enough though.
Unless you have a hook

"We don't crash so your clothes won't clash"

Validation is more than just asking people if they would buy it.
You have to get people to actually buy it even if the app doesn't exist.

In short:
You create a webpage, called a landing page with your offer & the sales copy which entices them to buy.
The goal is to see how many people click buy now.
Then you think about making something. Sounds crazy I know but that's how it's done nowadays.
There's a lot more to it than that, I'm no expert on this.

I see, I'm still trying to figure out my unique value proposition but I like the hook lol.
I guess I'm just stuck on how exactly to make it stand out to customers.

While researching, I did see a lot of articles talking about landing pages but I thought that only made sense if you have a prototype or something to show for first.
Any suggestions where I can create a landing page?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.