The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice for new online coaching - anything you wish you'd known before?

SaraMac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jul 27, 2020
Houston
Hello! I'm just finishing Millionaire Fastlane and wish I'd had it to read years ago (it's been a while since my 20s)

I've decided to stop working for others, doing things I don't enjoy and follow what's been a long dream, of coaching and helping people. I'm scared but hearing all the stories here gives me hope and energy.

I'd really love any advice for starting online coaching, or any tips you wish you'd had when you started your online business. I'm hoping this will be a great new start for me and my daughter. Thank you all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
I'd really love any advice for starting online coaching, or any tips you wish you'd had when you started your online business. I'm hoping this will be a great new start for me and my daughter. Thank you all

Start following successful online coaches. No need to reinvent the wheel - all the information you need is already out there. Take your time to find out each step of how to go about it, start small, make changes and then when you start finding some success, start scaling up.

Most importantly, don't preach anything that you don't practice yourself!

Take the example of coach(dot)me, an app that helps you build good habits. You can cultivate any habit say a writing habit by tracking yourself in the app, while being visible to others in what you do, and cheering others at the same time.

Those who write regularly and have been successful with their writing careers are also coaches on the same platform, for a fee. But they made sure that they have proof to show on the app before they started coaching others. Of course some have thriving coaching businesses outside the platform too.

A fair amount of testimonials is what you need for an online coaching business to take off. Find those you know and offer them coaching, maybe free to start with or a discount, so that you can get enough testimonials to move forward. Ask them what they need help with and create coaching content around it.

Once the word spreads that you're a good coach, people will approach you. Those are the most successful coaches.

Hope you find this useful. Wish you all the best in your new coaching career! It's a very satisfying job and you will enjoy it.

SaraMac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jul 27, 2020
Houston
Start following successful online coaches. No need to reinvent the wheel - all the information you need is already out there. Take your time to find out each step of how to go about it, start small, make changes and then when you start finding some success, start scaling up.

Most importantly, don't preach anything that you don't practice yourself!

Take the example of coach(dot)me, an app that helps you build good habits. You can cultivate any habit say a writing habit by tracking yourself in the app, while being visible to others in what you do, and cheering others at the same time.

Those who write regularly and have been successful with their writing careers are also coaches on the same platform, for a fee. But they made sure that they have proof to show on the app before they started coaching others. Of course some have thriving coaching businesses outside the platform too.

A fair amount of testimonials is what you need for an online coaching business to take off. Find those you know and offer them coaching, maybe free to start with or a discount, so that you can get enough testimonials to move forward. Ask them what they need help with and create coaching content around it.

Once the word spreads that you're a good coach, people will approach you. Those are the most successful coaches.

Hope you find this useful. Wish you all the best in your new coaching career! It's a very satisfying job and you will enjoy it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the advice, that is really useful advice. I've not used that app but I'll look at it now. And I agree on the practicing what you preach, though it's an ongoing improvement cycle!
Have a great weekend,
Sara

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.