The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advertising, Ads, Etc

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now that my business is sold and I'm technically "unemployed" and on a "fixed income", :smxB: I've decided to accept advertising here in hopes of turning my newly acquired $0/mo business income-stream into something a bit more.

I will try to keep the ads unobtrusive to our navigation process. Hopefully, the Google ads will be well targeted and interesting to all of us (Investment, Business, Real Estate, etc.).

Im hoping the income will pay for the board license and hosting fees, which is likened to a fly on an elephant's a$$.:smxF:

MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
what about that interest income you'll be collecting?

Just kidding. You always talked about the interest collected afteer
selling your biz.

the ads are much welcomed and i'm sure anyone here understands them

JOe

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
So far it seems the ads are fairly well targeted. They are not obnoxious (like the punch the monkey ads) and they don't get in the way. Ive actually clicked on a few that grabbed my attention. A rare thing for me.

An interesting thing I noted when using my business partners computer tonight, if your not logged in there are more ads.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Well, now that you mention it.... could you answer a question for me? How is it that a site, such as this, eventually produces income? Having formerly worked in IT, I am fascinated by online business. Thank god for SteveO and his One Trick Pony - I need constant reminders to stay focused and stick to what I know well.

That said, I do have a few former colleagues who are also interested in this type of business and we discuss it often. We always come to the conclusion that the ads would never be able to produce a significant income stream. So how is it that the return is produced? Surely, all these people aren't managing these sites just for kicks??

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
what about that interest income you'll be collecting?

Just kidding. You always talked about the interest collected afteer
selling your biz.

the ads are much welcomed and i'm sure anyone here understands them

JOe

The passive income is personal and pays for my lifestyle. Now that I've sold, my business income is ZERO and I still have many expenses on the business side.

That said, I do have a few former colleagues who are also interested in this type of business and we discuss it often. We always come to the conclusion that the ads would never be able to produce a significant income stream. So how is it that the return is produced? Surely, all these people aren't managing these sites just for kicks??

While I don't expect the ad placements here to amount to anything significant, it does offer an income stream that might amount to a case of beer, a dinner, or something minute.

The ads here have been live for about 5 days and they've generated $30. Not much can be done with $30 but fill up my gas tank 1/2 way.

However, what you can do with this analysis is extrapolate potential earnings. If this site had 10X the impressions, I'd earn probably earn 10x $$ in clicks. That is how a place like this can earn $$$. For me, I started it primarily to promote a book, not for Google Adsense revenue. However, one would be foolish not to allocate the real estate -- webspace, much like land or floor space in a grocery store, is valuable real estate that can be leased. <<--- This alone is a topic for a new thread.

So far it seems the ads are fairly well targeted. They are not obnoxious (like the punch the monkey ads) and they don't get in the way. Ive actually clicked on a few that grabbed my attention. A rare thing for me.

An interesting thing I noted when using my business partners computer tonight, if your not logged in there are more ads.

I'm still experimenting with the placements -- they are doing a good job of targeting them: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship, Currency Trading, etc.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
mj, id suggest browsing other forums to see how they place their ads. i havent noticed any but im browsing the site from my phone and typing thi while on a plane. isnt technology great?

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
MJ

No disrespect. I was only kidding about the interest thing. the ads are fine and anyone here should understand that even though this forum is meant well, it still costs money.

Everyone here is sos glad you started this forum.

Joe

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.