The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm in a Facebook group of people doing a 30 Day Facebook Live Challenge. I'm only on day 2 but can already see the benefits of it being a 30 day challenge.

Why video?
  • Getting in front of the camera helps us get over ourselves!
  • Video is a great way for people to get to know, like, and trust us.
  • If we're creating content then doing video allows us to extract out the audio and the transcription. Video sections can be uploaded to Facebook or YouTube. Other nuggets can be taken out and posted to different platforms if you're that way inclined.

Why Live?
  • We'll learn to do our video in one take, and embrace imperfections rather than editing them out.

Why Facebook?
  • Lots of people on Facebook.
  • Facebook's algorithm prioritises Facebook Lives.

Why 30 days?
  • It builds a habit, we learn faster, and we develop our process quicker.
  • Doing it daily forces us to move faster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Interesting journey to follow. You're now 1 - 1.5 month in since you begun - has it had any impact on your topline?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Interesting journey to follow. You're now 1 - 1.5 month in since you begun - has it had any impact on your topline?
I’m sure it has. I’ve had a few more sales of my course from people who don’t know about TFLF.

I’ve helped quite a lot of people by replying to posts in groups, people then sending friend requests (I don’t sent friend requests), and then me initiating conversations on messenger.

I’ve basically taken what I do in TFLF and applied it to Facebook groups:
  • Help people.
  • Be seen to help people.
  • Have people reach out.
  • Get into conversation and help them some more.
  • Amazing things then happen.

Something interesting that’s happened in the last few weeks is being invited into groups of business owners to help them understand Google Ads.

It’s very different when the group owner invites you in and recommends you. One group is 2k business owners, and another is of 1.6k business owners - all brick and mortar businesses too, not marketing groups.

I’ve recorded and dropped in 10 minute screenshare videos tailored for each group. It’s early days but that’s getting a few people to raise their hands and we’re helping a few of them for free to get case studies.

If we get good results for them then we’ll post the case study and see what comes out of it.

Even a few hours ago I did Day 3 of my 30 Day Facebook Live Challenge and the group owner then PM’d to ask if I could run Google Ads to sell his course in exchange for writing up the case study in his group and him then promoting my course in his group.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I stopped doing that 30 Day Facebook Live Challenge. There’s no need for my videos to be Live, and the group I was in is just too spammy. I dropped out of the group too and my Facebook notifications calmed the heck down.

I’m still doing videos, and more than one a day now after I discovered Loom this week:

Last night I was creating ads for a B&B business owner to try and regain control of their branded searches from the Online Travel Agents (OTAs).

I was doing the work anyway, and it didn’t take much to record it and talk through what I was doing.

I ended up with a 22 minute video that I dropped into the paid B&B group I’m in. It’s only got a dozen or so members, but they’re all students of the B&B coach who runs the group. The coach invited me in to help her students.

If I can make a good case study then I can take all the videos I recorded as I do the work, and create a sales video that leads to a “Google Ads for B&B Owners” course or DFY service.

The coach has a big group of 1-2k B&B owners all trying to grow their businesses.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Two things I'm doing this week:

1) Helping out B&B business owners in a small paid Facebook group.

The group is owned by a B&B coach I know. It's a small paid group for her 1-2-1 students. The group has 12 B&B owners in it, and the coach also has a free Facebook group of 1,500 B&B owners.

One of the big pains for B&B owners is the Online Travel Agents (OTAs) stealing their branded traffic. So I'm setting up a $100 test brand campaigns for free - where the B&B owners don't pay me but pay Google the $100 in ad spend.

I recorded a video showing the preliminary results of the campaign, and dropped it into the group. (I recorded videos of me creating the ad extensions and added them into my course, so that was a bonus.)

Only a couple of students have taken me up on the offer, but the results are starting to generate interest.

The person who's campaigns have been running a week is now asking about non-brand campaigns, which I would charge a small management fee for.

Below is the screenshot of a post in the group. Note how the headline is big, and I use 3 bullet points. Even if people don't watch the video then they can see what I'm doing for Karen. I'm turning that post into a kind of progress thread.

This is similar to what I've been doing for years in TFLF.

2) I've started a new Facebook page

At the moment I'm documenting what I'm doing for the B&B owners. It's more like a behind the scenes look at me building campaigns and growing my business. I'll treat it like a business blog.

100+ Facebook friends have Liked the page and I'm sending each a video message to say thanks. I've a good few to do still, and will have to set time aside to batch it up. Each video is 20 seconds max, so I can rattle these off fairly quickly. Sometimes it's someone I know which is cool. When I don't know them I check out their profile to learn a bit about them.

This is similar to what I've been doing for years in TFLF.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blimey.

About 111 people have liked my new Facebook page. I've sent personal video thank you messages to the first 50 and will do the rest in the airport tomorrow.

They resulted in my messenger inbox blowing up for a few hours and I enjoyed a few interactions.

One guy was so taken aback by the personal video that he wanted to chat to me about it. We're just off the call and he recorded a section of it to go on his podcast. He's already got 620 episodes. I also found out he runs a Facebook group that I've since just joined ... of over 16,000 business and life coaches.

He's wondering if Google Ads would work for his business so I did a quick Loom video of me doing some keyword research and sent him the link via Facebook messenger.

I've no idea where this will lead, but isn't it amazing what happens when you thank people and you’re happy to get in front of the camera?

I've @Lex DeVille to thank for inspiring me to do my first talking head video three years ago!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ha. I forgot I even had this thread! I'll go back through it later.

Anyway, 4 years later and I feel I've been sleeping on Facebook.

Last week I posted to my personal Facebook profile, my Facebook Page, and my LinkedIn profile.

A handful of people expressed an interest on LinkedIn (11.6k followers), and the same on my Facebook Page (226 followers).

Meanwhile, on my Facebook profile with 1k friends (albeit many from the forum and from various groups I'm active in):

1695113217285.png

Note that half the comments are me replying to people who expressed an interest.

ACTIONS TAKEN:
  1. I just turned on Professional Mode for my Facebook profile. I didn't even know that was a thing and I don't know what it allows me to do now. I see I can boost posts so I may have a play with that later.

Is there any point having a personal branded Facebook page as well as a "professional" mode personal profile?

2. Watched a handful of Laurel Portie's video marketing strategies for Facebook.

EDIT: Found out the answer to why we'd still want a business page when we can boost posts on our professional profile: we can retarget people who watch a video on our business page, but we can't for a video on personal profiles.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Ha. I forgot I even had this thread! I'll go back through it later.

Anyway, 4 years later and I feel I've been sleeping on Facebook.

Last week I posted to my personal Facebook profile, my Facebook Page, and my LinkedIn profile.

A handful of people expressed an interest on LinkedIn (11.6k followers), and the same on my Facebook Page (226 followers).

Meanwhile, on my Facebook profile with 1k friends (albeit many from the forum and from various groups I'm active in):

View attachment 51403

Note that half the comments are me replying to people who expressed an interest.

ACTIONS TAKEN:
  1. I just turned on Professional Mode for my Facebook profile. I didn't even know that was a thing and I don't know what it allows me to do now. I see I can boost posts so I may have a play with that later.

Is there any point having a personal branded Facebook page as well as a "professional" mode personal profile?

2. Watched a handful of Laurel Portie's video marketing strategies for Facebook.

EDIT: Found out the answer to why we'd still want a business page when we can boost posts on our professional profile: we can retarget people who watch a video on our business page, but we can't for a video on personal profiles.

After getting kicked off Facebook around 9 months to a year ago, I'm back on as I believe it might be good for my book. I'm really intrigued as to how book marketing is going to work, I have absolutely no clue.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't be shy guys. Post to your social media profiles and get conversations going.

I posted the below 9 hours ago and have just finished messaging 23 people on Facebook and 7 on Linkedin.

I ended up knocking up a Google doc to share with people. It's got a lot of notes in it now. AND it links to a Google sheet tool that I created as a bonus too. That doc is in my content library and I can send it to other people in the future now.

Let people know what you do.

Get into conversations.

Add massive value.

Good things will happen.

Oh, and I used ChatSilo to tag everyone in Facebook Messenger as "Requested an Accelerator Kit". I think I can bulk message them in messenger at some point.

2023-09-21_00-18-23.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.