The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ads

A post of a ranting nature...

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
What? Companies aren't creating these things from the good of their heart, they're here to make a profit and given that most people would clearly choose to see ads rather than pay upfront, I don't think there is a problem to solve. There are free with ad and paid versions of almost everything out there. Why do you expect companies to offer apps for free?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Another I’m noticing is that music apps want you to use internet connection to access music. Wtf I don’t want to rely on the f*cking internet to listen to music I want to listen to it on the train.
iPod.

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
I’m seeing a trend with apps now a days with ads appearing on the free version and companies offering to rid of them at a price. I tried to download a free writing app but they were all shit. I made a mistake and bought two cheap ones. I should’ve just bought Scrivener but I don’t know how it works so I’m not sure about it. But then I tried to download a music app that accepts downloaded music but I cannot find one that doesn’t offer a price for it.

The question is what is going on is this a phenomenon or am I just having bad luck. It doesn’t make sense to put ads on a music app or a writing app either. Why would anyone do such a thing. Another I’m noticing is that music apps want you to use internet connection to access music. Wtf I don’t want to rely on the F*cking internet to listen to music I want to listen to it on the train. I’m willing to solve the writing app problem or the music app problem but I’m not sure whether it’s worth my time. I’m bothered by this ad stuff I wish we didn’t have to deal with it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black Wolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 15, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Isn't this the way they monetise the free use of their product though?

Once you're through the pay wall of removed ads, you then get compensated with extra features.

If you have the means of making a return on a free product, why wouldn't you take it?

Seems like a no-brainer if you ask me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.