The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Adding value TO a business

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I read the title of this post

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/examples-of-adding-value-in-a-business.65660/

My thoughts went immediately to "Adding Value" in such a way as to increase the worth of the company. What I found in there was useful information but not what I was hoping for.

The techniques sound like they may add value by increasing the bottom line of profitability. That has never really been a tactic that I have liked to use though.

I started off looking for cashflow. Still want it but it has always seemed to be an illusion.

Increasing the value of a company is where the real money is at.

This started many years ago. I had a fourplex and it was hauling in a healthy $700/month or so of cashflow. I loved it. But there was this book that had a process in it that defined the value play. It outlined how to buy at a discount and sell at a higher amount. I sold this business and made a tidy sum of $100K for the profit alone.

How long would it take for the monthly cashflow to catch that number?

The next step was to buy another. Sold that for a profit of $250K. This cycle took less than 4 years. In the meantime, more were started.

Many instances had zero or even negative cashflow at the start. The business had to be remade into a profitable company. I was happy to sell to the cashflow seekers though.

This same process can be applied to many businesses. Most of the time, people shy away from failing businesses. For a good reason.... they are risky. Risky if you don't know how to turn them around.

Don't get me wrong either. Cashflow is nice. But I want a couple hundred K/year or more for it to be worth the time and effort. This can be accomplished much more easily if you have the funds to buy a bigger business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The majority of business starters here are focused on the online sales business. This allows for cashflow but does not build a lot of value without a high level of success. It does build some level as a company will have value once sales have started. But there is a relatively low barrier to entry and usually not a lot of assets to these types of companies. Plus there are a lot of risks in changes to the marketplace.

Most people that have success with high levels of cashflow are putting some amount of money into other assets. This helps minimize the risks.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
This guy @SteveO is super dope , always bringing REAL business insite , this is my plan for business , not to OWN a specific business for life ,but to be super good at building and selling business , My plan is to wear many hats and be the greatest business builder of all time

VESTED

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 21, 2016

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.