The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Add your gym rants here

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
So I have been hitting the gym hard lately and have a few rants about noobs, twats and other amusing gym folk, so thought it'd be a fun off-topic to add your gym rant below.

Ill start with mine.

- People farting in the sauna.
This morning, some guy was stretching his leg above him whilst lying down. With each stretch, he let one rip.
I asked in the politest manner "Can you please F*cking stop that", which resulted in an apology.

Anyone else got any pet peeves?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Have another

People staying naked, longer than necessary.
Dry yourself, put your pecker away... dont walk around parading your shit.
Especially lifting one leg on the bench to dry your balls, when I am like 3ft away.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have been gyming in Colombia a lot lately and you see some funny things

- Someone doing dumbbell flies on an incline bench machine with the supports getting in the way. There were two free adjustable benches free at the time.
- people using the squat racks for 5lbs curls
- someone using the only two flat benches at PEAK hours for body weight dips. They were dipping about 4 inches and had their legs resting across the other bench.

The funniest moment was me doing incline bar bench with two weights on each side. I stopped between sets to take a break but remained sitting on the bench. When I leaned back for my second set someone had taken all the weights off the bar. They had just walked up and unloaded everyhting while I was resting between sets. Unbelievable.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
So I have been hitting the gym hard lately and have a few rants about noobs, twats and other amusing gym folk, so thought it'd be a fun off-topic to add your gym rant below.

Ill start with mine.

- People farting in the sauna.
This morning, some guy was stretching his leg above him whilst lying down. With each stretch, he let one rip.
I asked in the politest manner "Can you please F*cking stop that", which resulted in an apology.

Anyone else got any pet peeves?

reminds me when i made squats and suddenly had fart(without noise) and the guy next to me was lifting and then started choking lol, i couldn't stop laughing while trying not to.
but right now i do street workout :rockon:

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
- someone using the only two flat benches at PEAK hours for body weight dips. They were dipping about 4 inches and had their legs resting across the other bench.

Yup, its possibly the same person who puts his towel on the machine he is not using, but wants to use it next.

Did you manage to find the person who off loaded your weights?
Very funny.. though I can just imagine you were fuming?

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
reminds me when i made squats and suddenly had fart(without noise) and the guy next to me was lifting and then started choking lol, i couldn't stop laughing while trying not to.
but right now i do street workout :rockon:

Ha ha ha Legend!

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Sweat on the equipment.

I cursed out regular gym member that always leaves
a rank puddle of sweat on the bench area I like to use.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Cardio machines getting crowded right after New Year's. I like seeing people bettering themselves, but honestly 90% of these new people won't be there in a month. They're just there because of an arbitrary date that "motivated them" to create change. However, it didn't change laziness.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The funniest moment was me doing incline bar bench with two weights on each side. I stopped between sets to take a break but remained sitting on the bench. When I leaned back for my second set someone had taken all the weights off the bar. They had just walked up and unloaded everyhting while I was resting between sets. Unbelievable.
Maaaan. That's hysterical.

Cardio machines getting crowded right after New Year's. I like seeing people bettering themselves, but honestly 90% of these new people won't be there in a month. They're just there because of an arbitrary date that "motivated them" to create change. However, it didn't change laziness.
I'm going to love the gym this January. For the last few months I've been going at 8am when there's only been 3 people there anyway. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine the New Years resolution folks filling it up at 8am.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Dumb teenagers trying to lift way more than they can handle.

Usually kids attempting to successfully bench 225 for reps but results in all kinds of squirming, bouncing of the bar, and generally very poor form. Set the ego aside and stick with weight that will actually help you get stronger and build more muscle, not just injure your joints.

Another funny one was some poor kid trying to impress his buddies by "squatting" 315. By squatting, I mean maybe a 1/4 rep at best. Proceeded to load another 45lbs on the bar and went for it, his legs started shaking and he collapsed. Hopefully that puts his ego in check prior to him snapping his back in half. This kid had no business squatting more than 135.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
What irritates me about gyms are the people that are there all the time and look down on people that aren't experienced.

"You've been to the gym three times in your life and you haven't mastered every machine and lift? You pathetic human. I am so much better than you."

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Did you manage to find the person who off loaded your weights?
Very funny.. though I can just imagine you were fuming?

I could only laugh. The pure cheek of doing that is too funny. I had only taken a 30-40 second break so they were fast too.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
I'm going to love the gym this January. For the last few months I've been going at 8am when there's only been 3 people there anyway. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine the New Years resolution folks filling it up at 8am.
Well, we are 3 days into January and the gym has been rammed, to the point that I can no longer use the equipment I need.

I'm all for people creating change and would support anyone in that venture but it really does annoy me that the people who are clogging up the equipment, wont be there in 2 months time.
You can normally tell the ones that wont last because they are either facebooking/texting between sets, staring at women and/or watching TV whilst doing cardio.
I guess only time will make this situation better.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Oh, another funny guy that normally goes on the cross trainer at the gym.

He does this weird thing where he goes fast whilst leaning forward pointing his elbows outward, then almost out of nowhere, he'll lift one foot up off the platform and begin riding the crosstrainer, one legged. I think he is just trying to show off but he just looks dumb as F*ck.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Lads and girls who regularly come into the gym to socialize by sitting on benches and gossiping. By doing so, it leaves other busy people wasting their time waiting for a specific equipment.

In addition, although unknowingly, there are few guys who regularly engage in a protein farting competition at the gym. What's worse, they don't care that they are sharing same oxygen space with other gym users, farters proudly engage in this disturbing behavior without any efforts to silence their anal audio , sometimes it feels like training in a middle of a thunderstorm. I am holding on hopes that their back-end blowouts will stop and the participants of farting competition realize the negative effects of their human hydrogen bombs.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
Oh, another funny guy that normally goes on the cross trainer at the gym.

He does this weird thing where he goes fast whilst leaning forward pointing his elbows outward, then almost out of nowhere, he'll lift one foot up off the platform and begin riding the crosstrainer, one legged. I think he is just trying to show off but he just looks dumb as F*ck.

Pics or it didn't happen :D

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
i cannot stand when people walk up the the dumbbell rack, pull the weight off and then stand right in front of the rack, like right up to it and proceed to do their set.

Hey,..F*cking stupid...

Take at least 3-4 steps back so others can get in there to grab other weight beside/below your weight you just grabbed.

Just ignorant.

Move over you retard.

Let other people get to the Dumbbells while you are completing your set.

This irritates me like nothing else.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Dumb teenagers trying to lift way more than they can handle.

I use a university gym (that is also open to the general public). I see this all the time. I don't mind... until I gotta help rack pull the weight off his chest because his spotter buddy can't do it.

Test your maxes safely, guys.

All in all, most resolutioners are chill, despite the fact that most of em won't last till February. It's mainly the kids that go with all 6 of their buddies and cause a ruckus, hog the benches and don't rerack the weights properly.

Some old guys are a bit annoying, too, especially the ones that used to go and now want to give unsolicited advice despite being completely out of shape. This isn't too common, though.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
20 minute wait until people were finished with their bench press sets on the assisted squat machine.

It's fine on a slow day but with a full gym at peak hour? You think you can use the appropriate machine?

Mental note: get into the fastlane so I can go to the gym during slow hours.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I used to get to the Gym right when it opened at 5am. There ended up being another guy that always came at the exact same time and seemed to leave at the same time I did every day. The annoying thing he did that made me stop going at the same time was he would hawk up mucus/spit constantly every single day in the shower. I don't know what was wrong with him but it was disgusting listening to that constantly daily in the shower.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
I used to get to the Gym right when it opened at 5am. There ended up being another guy that always came at the exact same time and seemed to leave at the same time I did every day. The annoying thing he did that made me stop going at the same time was he would hawk up mucus/spit constantly every single day in the shower. I don't know what was wrong with him but it was disgusting listening to that constantly daily in the shower.

There is actually a sign up in our gym showers that reminds members that if they decide to clear mucus in the shower, they'll be asked to leave and membership will be cancelled.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Its quite funny when you see people incline on the treadmill, yet clinging on top of the machine.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Its quite funny when you see people incline on the treadmill, yet clinging on top of the machine.

Same with the ones taking off half of their body weight by supporting themselves on the stairmaster handles. Might as well just walk on the treadmill. :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.