The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Actors, Musicians, Athletes, and Personal Branding

Devin Riggins

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 6, 2017
Boulder, CO
Read TMF a few days ago, fantastic book with quite a lot to offer. I hit the ground reading once again as I'm in university as a Sophomore and my first online business (eCommerce store) has taken a negative turn. After realizing the structural incompatibilities of my company with regards to the Fastlane, I think it might be best to pursue a new business structure rather than attempt to mend this current company.

That said, I'm in a bit of a predicament. This was mildly addressed in TMF , but not to my satisfaction, so i'd like your guy's thoughts.

I'm struggling with the development of a personal brand and my brand identity. In TMF, MJ recognizes alternative fastlanes, such phenomenal actors, athletes, or in my circumstance, musicians.
I'm 20 years old, and iv'e been at this electronic music thing for 4/5 years now. I've only recently begun to see that this can be a road to success.

6 months ago, I signed my first deal with a large electronic music label, two weeks ago I signed a new release coming out this week with an even larger, if not the largest label/blog in the Electronic Dance Music (EDM) industry. Iv'e seen my Spotify monthly listeners explode over 100,000% over the course of 24 hours so I know the possibility is there.
That in consideration, I'm still quite small and unknown, but my rate of growth is accelerating.

I feel like to see massive success with this path in music, I need to be 100% in on this and can't be sidetracked by starting other companies. I need to develop a personal brand around my identity. That said, I'm not pursuing business ventures just for money, but because I see myself as a musician and an entrepreneur. I like to push things to theoretical extremes, so for example, even assuming i'm wildly successful in the music industry, I'm not sure i'd be completely satisfied with myself unless iv'e also built some kind of entrepreneurial venture, or done humanitarian work.

What would you guys do in my circumstance? Have any of you built personal brands, can you offer advice? How would you form cohesion around these two identities, or would you drop one of them completely?

Thanks, look forward to joining you guys here in this online forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.