The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Website About Digital Branding

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hi @Chris25, these are my opinions for the options you've listed:

Option 1: No. This violates the commandment of Control.
Option 2: For who? This is very vague. Maybe try and target a niche.
Option 3: I've seen quite a few people do this on the subject of "digital marketing", they seem to recycle content from other places and it isn't unique or valuable in the vast ocean of info marketers selling digital marketing courses.
Option 4: Probably your best bet to start talking to and helping people. When you start getting results and start becoming known, you can build your personal brand, create e-books and courses, etc.
Option 5: I don't know your skills. But something different is always an option.

You've got to narrow down your focus before thinking of expanding. I saw that you made a guide on personal branding. Have you created a strong personal brand for yourself or someone else?

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
For who? This is very vague. Maybe try and target a niche.
Thanks, this helped me think about a more narrow approach.

The PDF is good, why not use it to build a mailing list of potential clients?
Yes I will set up a mailing list very soon.

Thanks to everyone that replied, it helps a lot to know what real people would expect from the website. I am doing research online about problems that people have, and I will continue to create more things and track the performance of different content.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
I would go for 2, 3 and 4.

Starting to offer web design and other services while building your personal brand.
Supplementing all that by creating ebooks to position yourself as an "expert" (which could also make you some money).

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Hey guys! This year I've been working on a new website that I'd like some feedback on.

Here is a short Intro: The Digital Brand Blueprint website is a place where you can learn more about branding, marketing, social media, and other digital topics. I created this website with the goal to build an online community for digital marketers, or anyone interested in these topics.

So far, the content is mostly marketing and branding articles, and the main "products" are a couple of free e-books about creating a brand. The books are available for instant download until the end of the month, and then I'm going to start collecting leads with e-mail marketing tools. You can see it here.

There is nothing that generates money for me yet, aside from a couple of affiliate offers presented at the end of those books. (The affiliate offers are just ad banners, and they are not intrusive and the book doesn't push toward the products, the focus is providing some value)

I realize that regular blog posts won't get me far, so I want to create value skew with something really cool.

THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP.

I already have a plan about future topics I'd like to talk about, and I think I'm standing good from that point, but I would like your opinion on what do you think is the next step?

Option 1: Go all in on affiliate marketing and start making more tailored posts and videos to introduce people to my affiliates.
Option 2: Create premium e-books and courses focused on branding and marketing.
Option 3: Put my face on the project and create videos, and go for more of a personal brand on Social Media and Youtube.
Option 4: Offer services like SEO, Web Development and so on.
Option 5: Something completely different.

Ideally, it would be a combination of options one and two (maybe some three).

So please tell me what do you think about the website and what I've done so far? What are your opinions about expanding?

I've worked on many other projects in the past, but this is something I'm really enjoying for the first time, and it's something I see myself spending on more time in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amandaPatrick

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2019
Hey guys! This year I've been working on a new website that I'd like some feedback on.

Here is a short Intro: The Digital Brand Blueprint website is a place where you can learn more about branding, marketing, social media, and other digital topics. I created this website with the goal to build an online community for digital marketers, or anyone interested in these topics.

So far, the content is mostly marketing and branding articles, and the main "products" are a couple of free e-books about creating a brand. The books are available for instant download until the end of the month, and then I'm going to start collecting leads with e-mail marketing tools. You can see it here.

There is nothing that generates money for me yet, aside from a couple of affiliate offers presented at the end of those books. (The affiliate offers are just ad banners, and they are not intrusive and the book doesn't push toward the products, the focus is providing some value)

I realize that regular blog posts won't get me far, so I want to create value skew with something really cool.

THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP.

I already have a plan about future topics I'd like to talk about, and I think I'm standing good from that point, but I would like your opinion on what do you think is the next step?

Option 1: Go all in on affiliate marketing and start making more tailored posts and videos to introduce people to my affiliates.
Option 2: Create premium e-books and courses focused on branding and marketing.
Option 3: Put my face on the project and create videos, and go for more of a personal brand on Social Media and Youtube.
Option 4: Offer services like SEO, Web Development and so on.
Option 5: Something completely different.

Ideally, it would be a combination of options one and two (maybe some three).

So please tell me what do you think about the website and what I've done so far? What are your opinions about expanding?

I've worked on many other projects in the past, but this is something I'm really enjoying for the first time, and it's something I see myself spending on more time in the future.
Hello. I think 2,3 and 4 would be great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
I like number 4 myself, a sort of personal brand in a box would appeal to a lot of people. Develop a website, SM growth and outreach, content planning, booking events etc. Only thing is you'd have to do #3 yourself to prove you know what you're doing.
The PDF is good, why not use it to build a mailing list of potential clients?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.