The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Thank You To MJ and The Forum

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just wanted to Thank MJ for creating this Forum, and all the Forum members that post there stories, and share there journeys.

Had one of those days today that feels like the world is confirming things.

Listening to the radio they were talking about NBA owner Fertitta that laid off 40,000 people recently. Something about that stood out to me. Here while people are looking to the government and business owners for help to tide them over to some day of normalcy, this owner made a tough decision to lay off 40,000 people. For me it was a shout that said he's not waiting to see what a new normal is, today the game of life is still going. Today is a day of life, just because it hasn't been "dubbed" back to normal doesn't mean people aren't growing, and making money etc.. There is no participation medal for real life. If he woke up today with no businesses why would he have 40,000 people under his employment. If he paid his employee's on average $500 a week he'd be out $20Million a week. Would all these people who are criticizing him be as a generous? For how long? Getting a bit off track.

Just really struck me as an example of you can wait and hope or you can act and move.

Then I saw I had my 4th sale on my own online store today. Just a generic store with my own store branding I started Feb 3rd, by the time had it ready for public was the 27th with the sole goal to get first $1 through online sale. The line I read here somewhere was "Do the right thing. Not everything perfect" . Before that I knew I had to do something that separates my time from being tied to every dollar. I was just having a hard time of deciding what that would be. Was just too easy getting side tracked flipping one off items that was in my comfort zone and is fun, or reading about all these different things etc.. Through Flipping things and my Handyman side gig I know I can sell an item/service. Then it was just deciding that at this point I'm just learning my "lemonade stand" for online, and to just pick something and go for the first $1.

Another quote that was from a video here was from Dan Lok I believe. He talks about what drives multi-millionaires and billionaires to continue to work. The answer he gave was "Growth". That has become part of my daily goal review/journaling and I have found it helpful to keep on with my daily process, as the "events" are sparse. Yet when get that validation it is an amazing jolt.

The Warren Buffet line of "Be fearful when other's are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful" Is what has been repeating in my mind these last few weeks. With the world going crazy I now realize without a doubt I've had my FTE in the past, being ok when many aren't has helped me see that.

So just wanted to give a Thanks out to the forum. Even during this crazy time in the world, I've been able to open a little store that is selling a generic product. That's paying me to learn about selling online, while giving people something that they are happy to have.

Being able to come on here and read about like minded people that are motivated to take or have taken control of there own lives is awesome. Thanks!

If there is a thank you thread for Unscripted I haven't found it. So many times have gone back to it and found clarity or good advice there etc.. Thanks for Unscripted !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just wanted to Thank MJ for creating this Forum, and all the Forum members that post there stories, and share there journeys.

Had one of those days today that feels like the world is confirming things.

Listening to the radio they were talking about NBA owner Fertitta that laid off 40,000 people recently. Something about that stood out to me. Here while people are looking to the government and business owners for help to tide them over to some day of normalcy, this owner made a tough decision to lay off 40,000 people. For me it was a shout that said he's not waiting to see what a new normal is, today the game of life is still going. Today is a day of life, just because it hasn't been "dubbed" back to normal doesn't mean people aren't growing, and making money etc.. There is no participation medal for real life. If he woke up today with no businesses why would he have 40,000 people under his employment. If he paid his employee's on average $500 a week he'd be out $20Million a week. Would all these people who are criticizing him be as a generous? For how long? Getting a bit off track.

Just really struck me as an example of you can wait and hope or you can act and move.

Then I saw I had my 4th sale on my own online store today. Just a generic store with my own store branding I started Feb 3rd, by the time had it ready for public was the 27th with the sole goal to get first $1 through online sale. The line I read here somewhere was "Do the right thing. Not everything perfect" . Before that I knew I had to do something that separates my time from being tied to every dollar. I was just having a hard time of deciding what that would be. Was just too easy getting side tracked flipping one off items that was in my comfort zone and is fun, or reading about all these different things etc.. Through Flipping things and my Handyman side gig I know I can sell an item/service. Then it was just deciding that at this point I'm just learning my "lemonade stand" for online, and to just pick something and go for the first $1.

Another quote that was from a video here was from Dan Lok I believe. He talks about what drives multi-millionaires and billionaires to continue to work. The answer he gave was "Growth". That has become part of my daily goal review/journaling and I have found it helpful to keep on with my daily process, as the "events" are sparse. Yet when get that validation it is an amazing jolt.

The Warren Buffet line of "Be fearful when other's are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful" Is what has been repeating in my mind these last few weeks. With the world going crazy I now realize without a doubt I've had my FTE in the past, being ok when many aren't has helped me see that.

So just wanted to give a Thanks out to the forum. Even during this crazy time in the world, I've been able to open a little store that is selling a generic product. That's paying me to learn about selling online, while giving people something that they are happy to have.

Being able to come on here and read about like minded people that are motivated to take or have taken control of there own lives is awesome. Thanks!

If there is a thank you thread for Unscripted I haven't found it. So many times have gone back to it and found clarity or good advice there etc.. Thanks for Unscripted !
Well done getting your initial sales and your feedback loop.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing your story and for the post man, really appreciated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.