The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION A Thank You To MJ and The Forum

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just wanted to Thank MJ for creating this Forum, and all the Forum members that post there stories, and share there journeys.

Had one of those days today that feels like the world is confirming things.

Listening to the radio they were talking about NBA owner Fertitta that laid off 40,000 people recently. Something about that stood out to me. Here while people are looking to the government and business owners for help to tide them over to some day of normalcy, this owner made a tough decision to lay off 40,000 people. For me it was a shout that said he's not waiting to see what a new normal is, today the game of life is still going. Today is a day of life, just because it hasn't been "dubbed" back to normal doesn't mean people aren't growing, and making money etc.. There is no participation medal for real life. If he woke up today with no businesses why would he have 40,000 people under his employment. If he paid his employee's on average $500 a week he'd be out $20Million a week. Would all these people who are criticizing him be as a generous? For how long? Getting a bit off track.

Just really struck me as an example of you can wait and hope or you can act and move.

Then I saw I had my 4th sale on my own online store today. Just a generic store with my own store branding I started Feb 3rd, by the time had it ready for public was the 27th with the sole goal to get first $1 through online sale. The line I read here somewhere was "Do the right thing. Not everything perfect" . Before that I knew I had to do something that separates my time from being tied to every dollar. I was just having a hard time of deciding what that would be. Was just too easy getting side tracked flipping one off items that was in my comfort zone and is fun, or reading about all these different things etc.. Through Flipping things and my Handyman side gig I know I can sell an item/service. Then it was just deciding that at this point I'm just learning my "lemonade stand" for online, and to just pick something and go for the first $1.

Another quote that was from a video here was from Dan Lok I believe. He talks about what drives multi-millionaires and billionaires to continue to work. The answer he gave was "Growth". That has become part of my daily goal review/journaling and I have found it helpful to keep on with my daily process, as the "events" are sparse. Yet when get that validation it is an amazing jolt.

The Warren Buffet line of "Be fearful when other's are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful" Is what has been repeating in my mind these last few weeks. With the world going crazy I now realize without a doubt I've had my FTE in the past, being ok when many aren't has helped me see that.

So just wanted to give a Thanks out to the forum. Even during this crazy time in the world, I've been able to open a little store that is selling a generic product. That's paying me to learn about selling online, while giving people something that they are happy to have.

Being able to come on here and read about like minded people that are motivated to take or have taken control of there own lives is awesome. Thanks!

If there is a thank you thread for Unscripted I haven't found it. So many times have gone back to it and found clarity or good advice there etc.. Thanks for Unscripted!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just wanted to Thank MJ for creating this Forum, and all the Forum members that post there stories, and share there journeys.

Had one of those days today that feels like the world is confirming things.

Listening to the radio they were talking about NBA owner Fertitta that laid off 40,000 people recently. Something about that stood out to me. Here while people are looking to the government and business owners for help to tide them over to some day of normalcy, this owner made a tough decision to lay off 40,000 people. For me it was a shout that said he's not waiting to see what a new normal is, today the game of life is still going. Today is a day of life, just because it hasn't been "dubbed" back to normal doesn't mean people aren't growing, and making money etc.. There is no participation medal for real life. If he woke up today with no businesses why would he have 40,000 people under his employment. If he paid his employee's on average $500 a week he'd be out $20Million a week. Would all these people who are criticizing him be as a generous? For how long? Getting a bit off track.

Just really struck me as an example of you can wait and hope or you can act and move.

Then I saw I had my 4th sale on my own online store today. Just a generic store with my own store branding I started Feb 3rd, by the time had it ready for public was the 27th with the sole goal to get first $1 through online sale. The line I read here somewhere was "Do the right thing. Not everything perfect" . Before that I knew I had to do something that separates my time from being tied to every dollar. I was just having a hard time of deciding what that would be. Was just too easy getting side tracked flipping one off items that was in my comfort zone and is fun, or reading about all these different things etc.. Through Flipping things and my Handyman side gig I know I can sell an item/service. Then it was just deciding that at this point I'm just learning my "lemonade stand" for online, and to just pick something and go for the first $1.

Another quote that was from a video here was from Dan Lok I believe. He talks about what drives multi-millionaires and billionaires to continue to work. The answer he gave was "Growth". That has become part of my daily goal review/journaling and I have found it helpful to keep on with my daily process, as the "events" are sparse. Yet when get that validation it is an amazing jolt.

The Warren Buffet line of "Be fearful when other's are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful" Is what has been repeating in my mind these last few weeks. With the world going crazy I now realize without a doubt I've had my FTE in the past, being ok when many aren't has helped me see that.

So just wanted to give a Thanks out to the forum. Even during this crazy time in the world, I've been able to open a little store that is selling a generic product. That's paying me to learn about selling online, while giving people something that they are happy to have.

Being able to come on here and read about like minded people that are motivated to take or have taken control of there own lives is awesome. Thanks!

If there is a thank you thread for Unscripted I haven't found it. So many times have gone back to it and found clarity or good advice there etc.. Thanks for Unscripted!
Well done getting your initial sales and your feedback loop.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks for sharing your story and for the post man, really appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hey @Simon Angel thanks for the write up. I think there is a ton of potential in all areas...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock