The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A sock'n idea

Idea threads

Sparky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 28, 2007
London
Hi

I was doing the inventory of my stuff from the Develop Your Plan thread and was thunderstruck when I realised I had 45 pairs of socks (and 8 singles :) ). As I was counting my socks I was wondering how on earth I ended up with that many socks - it happens that when I need a new color sock, I'd typically buy a three/five/six pack of socks just to have a choice and then I'd maybe wear to or three pairs.

So there I was with more socks than legs and was wondering "Surely I'm not the only one that does this and there are more people who is sock full of socks" - So where is the business opportunity in this?

Its just a creativity exercise for me, but I can't see it yet. Can you help me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
As for myself, I know that I oftentimes buy new socks and undies because I don't want to do laundry. I once discovered after spending the weekend doing laundry (OK, not me, but someone did it) that I had a similar cache of skivvies. In the neighborhood of 60 I think. At least I don't do that with pots and pans any more! :smxE:

As far as business ideas, I can't think of a great business idea for used socks . . . but I'll go to work on it!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I used to do that (buy new undies/socks instead of doing laundry) too! :) I don't have the same "luxury" now though.

Business idea... projects/crafts website? Martha Stewart had a couple of projects involving socks. Or 101 uses for mismatched socks.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
Collect old socks and turn them into shop rags. Same with old t-shirts. Package em up and sell them at an auto parts store.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.