The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Primer on Nietzsche

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
It might be an observation bias at play, but I've noticed that Nietzsche is becoming an influential thinker in this community, in no small part to his concepts of the ubermensch. Reading his works are great, but they can be a bit overwhelming for people who are busy. Given that, I thought I'd share 2 articles from the Art of Manliness that provide a good survey.

The first link is good for context, as it provides an overview of his life and his approach to philosophy:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/07/16/friedrich-nietzsche-biography/

The second link is a good overview of his big ideas:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/07/20/a-primer-on-nietzsches-big-ideas/

Nothing beats reading works, but if you're looking for something to help set the stage, those can be helpful. Enjoy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
It might be an observation bias at play, but I've noticed that Nietzsche is becoming an influential thinker in this community, in no small part to his concepts of the ubermensch.

@Potente

That's an interesting sentence

Is it that Nietzsche influenced certain members of this forum, before these members joined?

Is it that Nietzsche influenced certain members of this forum, after these members joined?

In some cases, perhaps it is both.

Reading his works are great, but they can be a bit overwhelming for people who are busy. Given that, I thought I'd share 2 articles from the Art of Manliness that provide a good survey.

The first link is good for context, as it provides an overview of his life and his approach to philosophy:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/07/16/friedrich-nietzsche-biography/

The second link is a good overview of his big ideas:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/07/20/a-primer-on-nietzsches-big-ideas/

Nothing beats reading works, but if you're looking for something to help set the stage, those can be helpful. Enjoy!

Read through the links. Thanks... always good to get a look at The Father from varying angles.

Zoloo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 3, 2011
@Potente

That's an interesting sentence

Is it that Nietzsche influenced certain members of this forum, before these members joined?

Is it that Nietzsche influenced certain members of this forum, after these members joined?

In some cases, perhaps it is both.

Read through the links. Thanks... always good to get a look at The Father from varying angles.
I became interested in Nietzsche this summer. Started with "Beyond Good and Evil". Later "On the Genealogy of Morals" and " Ecce Homo".
A good primer would be "Beyond Good and Evil". An hour a day for a week. It isn't easy read. But. Worthwile and changing

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
"It’s not just popes who have to deal with this internal struggle; according to Nietzsche, we all do. What we call a bad or a guilty conscience is the result of our desire to live by a code of master morality butting against the pull of slave morality. We want to be rich and powerful, but we feel guilty for wanting those things because we’ve been told that the desire for wealth and power is evil. The battle between master and slave morality within ourselves also manifests itself when we feel bad about our successes or when we downplay them by providing self-deprecating excuses like, “Oh, it was just luck.” Slave morality for Nietzsche then becomes a sort of self-hatred."

This is just wow... described that feeling that I get sometimes better than I ever heard it.

Thanks for those links, really got me into reading about Nietzsche.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.