The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A social network of personal shopper

LucasMendes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2021
Hi everyone first of all thank you MJ and all the members for being inspirations.

I would like to have your opinion about a business idea that I have had for a few weeks.

I have been seeing a lot of people complain (in France) about how is complicated to find what type of clothes they should wear. Because of a lack of information / confidence or time, choosing your clothes can be difficult for some people (the niche for my social media would be adult who got a full time job and/or children)

That’s why I want to create « To Get Dressed » a french social network of personal shopper. A social network who is going to gather a community of people (called the dresser) who can help you to choose your clothes and your style.

The goal is helping people to learn the mode and to find their style according their taste, age, weight, height and so on.

Via photo , video or post the users will be able to ask a question to a community of « stylist ». They can also find mode article written by blogger or fashion profesional.

In every (relevant) answer the stylist will win a star (A star means 1 point, 100 points give you rewards such as gift, a discount and so on..), this reward-system will help to have answer and interaction.

It’s quite complicated to sum up my idea in few lines (especially in English) but I hope you will understand and I am looking forward for your answer (and question)

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi everyone first of all thank you MJ and all the members for being inspirations.

I would like to have your opinion about a business idea that I have had for a few weeks.

I have been seeing a lot of people complain (in France) about how is complicated to find what type of clothes they should wear. Because of a lack of information / confidence or time, choosing your clothes can be difficult for some people (the niche for my social media would be adult who got a full time job and/or children)

That’s why I want to create « To Get Dressed » a french social network of personal shopper. A social network who is going to gather a community of people (called the dresser) who can help you to choose your clothes and your style.

The goal is helping people to learn the mode and to find their style according their taste, age, weight, height and so on.

Via photo , video or post the users will be able to ask a question to a community of « stylist ». They can also find mode article written by blogger or fashion profesional.

In every (relevant) answer the stylist will win a star (A star means 1 point, 100 points give you rewards such as gift, a discount and so on..), this reward-system will help to have answer and interaction.

It’s quite complicated to sum up my idea in few lines (especially in English) but I hope you will understand and I am looking forward for your answer (and question)

Thank you
I think it is an interesting idea. I'd love to see websites like this exist.

But it is complicated and will take $$. So, how does this website make $$?

The headline suggests a personal shopper piece to this, so you might want to explore companies like stitch fix or trunk club as some cautionary tales of one way to monetize this. Good luck.

LucasMendes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2021
I think it is an interesting idea. I'd love to see websites like this exist.

But it is complicated and will take $$. So, how does this website make $$?

The headline suggests a personal shopper piece to this, so you might want to explore companies like stitch fix or trunk club as some cautionary tales of one way to monetize this. Good luck.
Thank you for you answer.
I didn't know this companies ( I live in France and actually we do not have this type of companies so this is interesting)

I have few ideas about how to make money with my website
- Advertising : For the fashion brand to gain some visibility thanks to my website and for member who want to promote their publication.
- By selling costumer habits to brands (for example : I can tell to a brand that in my website i have a huge community of 25 year-old man who would love to wear sleeveless sweater)
- Selling reward : In order to win some rewards the members can whether answer to the publication (1 star in every answer) or buy some stars (For example in the video games or mobile game when gamers want to win quickly)
- And finally I do have an idea (still dont know if it's a good one) about how i can professionalize the personal shopper business, i want to create an offer for people who are looking for hire someone to dress them up (in real life not in the web site)

I hope you will understand my english.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
It could be interesting. What you could do is start making and MVP and implement only some core and important features. Don't waste time with details. And start testing with some peoples interested in this kind of project, or that they could be.

LucasMendes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2021
It could be interesting. What you could do is start making and MVP and implement only some core and important features. Don't waste time with details. And start testing with some peoples interested in this kind of project, or that they could be.
Thanks for you advice. I heard about the MVP method, that could be a good idea, i thought about creating a reddit community or a facebook group in order to gather people and test the project.

Last edited:

LucasMendes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2021
For those who might be interested I created the Facebook group "To Get Dressed" for french people (or people who speak French)

To Get Dressed is a community of personal shopper who wants to help you to choose your clothes and find your style but also to gather people who have the same love for fashion.

Si vous êtes intéressé : Facebook Groups

Edit : I tried to promote this group on Reddit (fashion group) / Twitter / Fashion forum but it didn't work. Do you guys have some idea about how I can promote my facebook group.

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
I assume you know about poshmark? Although I believe they only operate within the U.S.

They have something along the lines of what you're talking about, except they only really focus on selling used clothing. But there is an emphasis on communication between sellers and interested parties.

In fact, last I checked, there were grumblings about their mediocre chat system.

Perhaps if you combine the selling aspect with a top-notch social media/community aspect (where Poshmark and others like depop falter) you might be on to something.

x10 if you make this international.

LucasMendes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 13, 2021
I assume you know about poshmark? Although I believe they only operate within the U.S.

They have something along the lines of what you're talking about, except they only really focus on selling used clothing. But there is an emphasis on communication between sellers and interested parties.

In fact, last I checked, there were grumblings about their mediocre chat system.

Perhaps if you combine the selling aspect with a top-notch social media/community aspect (where Poshmark and others like depop falter) you might be on to something.

x10 if you make this international.
Thanks for your answer and your tip
Actually I didn't know Poshmark until you told me. In Europe we use Vinted.

To be honest I had this idea but I wasn't sure. But as Facebook does with the market place I do think it could be a good idea, however this idea will be launch once I got a community.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.