The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bal Jee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 28, 2019
It was the summer of 2014 at the SIB Library in NYC that I stumbled upon the “The Millionaire Fastlane ” by MJ DeMarco as I was skimming through the Business section. My first reaction was that it may be another one of those financial books that advocated cut throat expense cutting, maximizing 401k, etc. to reach millions. But boy was I in for a surprise. Just reading the first chapter blew my mind away that I had to get the book checked out. I had finished reading the book over the course of a few days as it became apparent that the Slowlane path would lead to a life lived for a tomorrow that may never come. Though sometimes you have to experience reality for yourself to realize the advice of another or lack thereof. Being in college at that time and finishing my internship, I eventually landed the corporate role and swallowed the Slowlane pill.

Fast forward to 2019, the past 5 years have opened my eyes to the following:

· Mundane and mediocre exchange of 5 days of work for 2 days of freedom.
· Limited leverage and no upside potential. *(You can only work so many hours in a day and a salary that is capped by the labor market)
· Hard work that finds yourself taking on more tasks & deliverables as a result of massive cost cutting by the firm.
· Long work hours and sometimes weekends that translates to no time for personal development as a result of time and energy being drained from the daily grind.
· Intellectual product you built and developed is owned by the firm.
· Health issues from stress, anxiety, or sitting in a cubicle, etc.
· Being left to “Hope” as your last resort.

The list could have gotten longer, but I wanted to stick to the main points of the slowlane. As i recently went through a FTE, the details I will share in another thread with my Fastlane progress. It’s important now than ever before to take charge of myself and channel my energy and time in a pursuit that has higher potential to become UNSCRIPTED through Entrepreneurship. I look forward to being a part of this Fastlane community and the wealth of knowledge it has to offer in our journey.
Thanks and Regards,
Bal Jee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...