The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Month Off from 25, Completely Broke and 100% Proud of it!

Symphony

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Oct 6, 2015
I should probably start this with a little explanation...

First off- being broke isn't necessarily something to be proud of.

It usually means you're probably doing something VERY wrong- which I was until very recently. However, through the intervention of happenstance, coincidence, the Law of Attraction, a Metaphysical phenomenon or whatever form of "fortune" you want to thank-

I rediscovered a pretty core piece of information that for WHATEVER reason- I'd completely forgotten.

More on that later though. I'm rambling.

Note.

I'm not trying some weird reverse psychology trick. Hoping to elicit sympathy or something such. Nor am I complaining about my lot in life- I'm actually happy all the time now and super grateful for shit I never thought I would be.

AKA- I ain't no bitch.

Nor am I some young fool who thinks it's the "in" thing to be a broke, struggling "entrepreneur".
I despise being a trendist. If I ever pick up a trend- it's usually long after they're "out of style"...

(BTW being happy and grateful?? Not accidental- I 100% intentionally programmed my emotional state- PERMANENTLY- by rehearsing behaviors until they became a part of me. BUT I'll probably write a different post about that)

SO!

To the question you're probably waiting on an answer to- I mean, besides "who are you?" since I technically haven't addressed that yet.

"Why Are You So Proud That You're Broke?"

I'm proud of it, because I'm doing shit and I'm learning from it.

2.5 years ago I read millionaire fast lane and decided to change my life.

I had just turned 23. I was 200 lbs of muscle covered in an extra 40 lbs of fat.

I had just been "dismissed" from Medical School wasting my family's money and my scholarship.

I was broken. Anxious. Depressed and Angry at everything.

I would literally freak out at feeling my own heartbeat. (For those who couldnt tell- that's how bad the anxiety was).

The truth is- med school wasn't for me, but I literally wouldn't have figured that out on my own. I had to get kicked out. I ended up in medical school at 17, because I'm smart and my parents (bless them, I love them) thought it was a "good idea".

It was the worst.

While I was in medical school though, I had started stumbling into motivational videos everywhere.

This was back when Eric Thomas, Greg Plitt (RIP) and Gary Vee first started blowing up- so I was saturated in it.

Anyway, after getting kicked out and spending my first couple months home playing League of Legends and enduring a ghastly appeal process to continue my M.D.- my mom took me to an entrepreneurship conference.

And my whole world changed.

An entrepreneurship conference to you guys might seem like nothing special. But for me- who is from a tiny island in the caribbean with no entrepreneurs in his family- it was earth shaking.

The conference was 3 days long and at first I didn't want to go.

By 33 minutes in, I had stolen a notepad and pen from near the buffet and was writing like a madman. That night, I went home and read through all of "Rich dad poor dad".

Didn't like it a whole lot- but it started the chain.

The next day I devoured most of "Think and Grow Rich", then convinced my dad to buy me MJ's first book. The millionaire fast lane.

From there I went pretty wild.

At first, I was intoxicated by the idea of entrepreneurship and figured I could make it "big" in a year or two...

**Yes, I know. Young and Naive- please, have mercy with your judgment.**

First thing I did was blow another few thousand dollars borrowed from aunts and my parents trying to orchestrate a party. (It's a thing where I'm from)

Long story short- didn't do due diligence. Expected a quick payout. Failed horribly.

Cried. Drank. Cried.

Started drowning myself in all the entrepreneurial content I could find. Signed up for courses and eventually realised that I could come to the fastlaneforum. From there, I found a post written by @SinisterLex and started writing copy.

I was broke- had a crazy gift from writing since I was like 4 years old and figured I'd be doing it for 6 months before my "big break".

Wrong.

Again.

Mostly because of issues with discipline and execution though.

Copy came naturally for me and I've never had someone say my writing was anything less than great.

I just SUCKED at getting stuff done.

Anyway- I got started on upwork and in about 4 months started making bank.

At one point I was pulling in $1500 USD a week at minimum. So I did what any logical and horny 23 year old would-

Moved out. Rented a fancy car from my aunt. Took it for granted. Went broke again.

Back to square one.

Fast forward 10 months and I'm here. Working harder and more consistently than ever, with a clear game plan in mind.

YES, I am currently broke.

But I'm actually on the tail end of developing a pretty huge marketing funnel for a company who I won't mention. I'll be getting a decent start there. So it's not like I'm some loser starting completely from scratch trying to sell you on himself.

I've NEVER stopped learning about marketing.

If you could see my dropbox/computer you'd probably shit yourself.

I love this stuff. I love copy. I love the art of appeal. I love helping people and meeting needs and I desperagenerate to gernerate wealth so I can help more and more people.

I don't want fancy shit.

Not much of it anyway.

What I want in my heart of hearst is to be my best me and help others do the same.

OKAY! Now for the boring "About me" stuff.

I'm a copywriter by "trade".
I'm pretty smart.
I think my greatest gifts are: Empathy, Self-belief and Writing (with a hefty side of Sexy AF + Humor)

I'm going to build an enormous marketing company and personal brand- because I love it and I can't imagine a life where I don't. And I'm going to do as much charitable shit as I possibly can- while not living in the naive belief that I can somehow help others without getting rich first.

I'm always looking to deliver value and while this post was self-indulgent and long as ****.

I hope I made it up by helping some people laugh and or realise that they aren't that bad off.

I'm a strange hybrid of buff, nerdy, suave and driven.

Nice to meet ya.

Talk Soon.

P.S. I'll be starting an execution thread, so those of you who liked this can check me out over there.

DEUCES

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...