The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A message my dad sent me (Process vs. Event)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Demian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 22, 2018
Today my dad sent me a message which caught me by surprise. It´s a conversation between a father and his son. I wanted to share it with you because I think it is a great example of how nowadays people expect to get everything handed to them.
The message is originally in Spanish, so the translation may be a bit confusing, but I think the point stands.
The message is:

"The cow does not give milk" - the father said to his son.
"What do you mean?" - the boy asked incredulously.
"As you hear it" - the father answered - The cow does not give milk. You have to milk it.
You have to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning, go outside to the field, walk through the pen full of excrement, tie the cow by the tail and legs, sit on the stool, place the bucket under its udders and make the correct movements. That´s the secret to life: the cow gives you nothing; you have to milk it."

"There´s a generation of people out there who think the cow GIVES YOU the milk. That things are easy, automatic and free: I want, I ask and I get. But in reality success is the result of effort, and its absence generates frustration and ignorance".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Atu

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019
‘We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self-control.’

The above is an inscryption from ancient egyptian tomb. Trancribed in 1913 by Prof. George T.W. Patrick of University of Iowa.

We all once were young, inpatient time-wasters. I used to spend time riding my bike around. I used to expect full plate from my parents too. When I was a small kid my dad was taking me around. I remember somebody explaining to him, that he should be given this-that by the state. You can always find something to rant about. And yes, if you look at the thing from different perspective, everything is a business opportunity. Go get it!

And best wishes :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.