The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A London mutant, looking to start a business

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Hello! I'm Mutant, hailing from sunny London, UK. Or at least it will be sunny at some point this year. Probably.

Ok, so I've never found the idea of 40+ years of 9-5 to seem like a good deal. I've always found I "crave autonomy and the creative license to pursue work that matters." (nicely put @MJ DeMarco - thank you!) hence I've worked all manner of jobs, some more crappy than others, that would at least give me ultimate control of my time. For example a school I worked in, panicking that it was about to get inspected, promptly cancelled all staff holiday, but I took that time off anyway because I had something more important to do, & I was a temp & they couldn't stop me (& no, they didn't get inspected in the end, & yes, they welcomed me back - I was actually really good at the job). Hooray, hoorah for me indeed.

However, neither any of the survival/bill-paying jobs, nor any of the things I was making time to pursue have resulted in much financial pay-off so far. Some great adventures, but great pay days - not so much. And despite having a wonderful knack for living well cheaply, not having as much money as I'd like gets pretty tedious after a while.

I'm currently self-employed, & work 2-4 different gigs part time, most of which I can at least learn something from. Great, I've had that nailed for years. Time for a change.

I have an idea for a business - developed partly from a need I've seen during one of my part time gigs. Want to test it out this year, & know I'll fare better if I'm plugged into an encouraging/butt-kicking community. I don't fear the truth - I fear the consequences of not seeing the truth. You seem like a no BS lot. I hope I can provide value likewise!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Welcome, there are certainly a fair number from the UK on the forum, there has been talk of a meet-up in the past as well. Good luck with your endeavours.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard!

CRodThorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 16, 2017
UK
Hello! I'm Mutant, hailing from sunny London, UK. Or at least it will be sunny at some point this year. Probably.

Ok, so I've never found the idea of 40+ years of 9-5 to seem like a good deal. I've always found I "crave autonomy and the creative license to pursue work that matters." (nicely put @MJ DeMarco - thank you!) hence I've worked all manner of jobs, some more crappy than others, that would at least give me ultimate control of my time. For example a school I worked in, panicking that it was about to get inspected, promptly cancelled all staff holiday, but I took that time off anyway because I had something more important to do, & I was a temp & they couldn't stop me (& no, they didn't get inspected in the end, & yes, they welcomed me back - I was actually really good at the job). Hooray, hoorah for me indeed.

However, neither any of the survival/bill-paying jobs, nor any of the things I was making time to pursue have resulted in much financial pay-off so far. Some great adventures, but great pay days - not so much. And despite having a wonderful knack for living well cheaply, not having as much money as I'd like gets pretty tedious after a while.

I'm currently self-employed, & work 2-4 different gigs part time, most of which I can at least learn something from. Great, I've had that nailed for years. Time for a change.

I have an idea for a business - developed partly from a need I've seen during one of my part time gigs. Want to test it out this year, & know I'll fare better if I'm plugged into an encouraging/butt-kicking community. I don't fear the truth - I fear the consequences of not seeing the truth. You seem like a no BS lot. I hope I can provide value likewise!
Hello and Welcome to the forum .. I'm also in the London ... good luck with your new venture.

CRodThorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 16, 2017
UK
Thanks!

I wondered if there'd be many Londoners here :)

Not sure , but we can start a new post and see if they are any takers to organise our our LONDON mastermind millionaire group [emoji6].. !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London

CRodThorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 16, 2017
UK
Welcome, there are certainly a fair number from the UK on the forum, there has been talk of a meet-up in the past as well. Good luck with your endeavours.

Thank you !! Are you also in London ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Not quite, just outside but often in town for business etc.

Oh good. Sounds like the rumblings of meet-up potential :)

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Happy to get involved.

Excellent. I do like meeting people in person.

I notice none of us Londoneers that have chirruped up so far are "on the inside" & from what I gather, once you're in you tend to mainly hang out there a lot. Thus my plan is to join the inside, have a rustle around in there & see if I can turn up any more interest, before attempting to play schedule bingo & arrange a drink.

Seeing as you must be ^ this tall ^ to go on the ride (& also because I've been wanting to read it anyway!) I've ordered TMF to be where I'm going to be later next week (not London). Once I've squizzed through that, I shall be eligible to plunk my $ down :moneybag: & continue avec le plan with an extra rocket up my wazoo. :races:

I'm looking forward to it all!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...