The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A less than one year update, some takeaways...

Barracuda

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Jul 2, 2020
The Promenade Towers
Hello everyone,
I joined TFF about a year ago, this is my introduction.

About a year ago, I came across a lot of posts by people on the forum. This forum looked like a goldmine! Not only because of the content, but also the active community.

I'm currently working an online job without the need for a degree of any sort, self sufficient, managed to graduate college a few months ago.

My point this time last year was this:
1. Broke, I had no job..never had a job.
2. Lazy and undisciplined(see my previous posts if you feel like it).
3. At the cusp of dropping out of college(super low gpa).
4. Super depressed (Isolated-due to COVID, unemployable- due to poor health and no skill).
5. Hospitalized (was with crutches as at my first post)
6. I had no friends

Now that that's out of the way.

I want to preface this by saying, I'm in no way where I want to be neither am I super successful.
This is what I've applied, and what worked for me. Hence, a little success.

This is so anyone who feels it's relevant could benefit, and I could learn a lot more. I'm constantly learning, please feel free to input.

1. Unitask - Don't do multiple s**t at the same time. I have a guitar in my room that I haven't been able to learn how to play in over 6yrs even though I wanted to. True story.

This is because I've always been doing multiple unrelated things at the same time i.e. learning guitar, binging movies, school study(barely), programming e.t.c.

I could pick up 20+ hobbies at the same time if I could.

This is a bad idea.
I did the opposite of that, stuck to school the first half of the year, my average gpa moved from 1.9/5 to 4.2/5.
I did the same thing with learning a single skill, I'm earning from the skill now.

2. Don't stop after a little success, and don't stop after a little failure:
A good book on this is the Slight Edge.
In it, I'm paraphrasing here, the author Jeff Olson said:
"The things that carry us from failure to survival will also carry us from survival to success".

3. Think long term:
Every obstacle would seem minute if you think long term. Everything takes time, time is the catalyst which fuels life.

4. Don't compare yourself with others, but with who you were yesterday:
It's cliché but 100% accurate especially in our age of social media.
I found myself failing at this a lot.

5. Think and set goals i.e. where you want to be:
You don't have to know how you will get there, just know where you're going i.e. a car, laptop, house, a business earning X amount annually, X Gpa score.
Let your imagination speculate on the problem to be solved. The answers will come.

Remember:You see what you aim at.

6. Eliminate distractions and be intentional about your actions:
I quit a lot of my hobbies i.e. music, movies, social media, pointless relationships and conversations e.t.c.

Those were the times my problems were apparent, IMO these are all an escape from reality, hence your problems.
I still do these things, I still watch and enjoy movies, but it's grossly reduced.
I don't care about gerald who watches a lot of movies, is super hot and a multi billionaire. Not my business.

This is what worked for me, I'm open to suggestions if it's practical and it reflects in the person's life style.

Don't let a junkie tell you how to form good habits.

7. If you have a question, Ask! :
I could have failed college easily if I didn't just ask for help.
If you have a problem, solve it either by asking people, the internet, or books e.t.c.

Successful people just solve the right problems.

Odds are that there's someone on this earth who has the answer to your problems, and he or she could fix your life up with one sentence if you'd just ask.

The mistake I used to make and see a lot of people make is not asking questions or asking it the wrong way.
Ask specific questions to solve a specific problem.

This forum is a goldmine! I have a lot to learn.
I'm doomed the day I think I know more than I really know.

And like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

Peace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great takes my friend, thank you for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...