The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A few thousand to invest. Ideas?

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
I'm working nearly fulltime on my fastlane business now. But I would like to set up something passive in the meantime. Let's say you have a few grand to spend. How would you invest it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Please share the info here or with me in PM. I am saving up to start something passive, nothing fastlane, just to supplement me while I pursue fastlane endeavors.

Ok done

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I'd appreciate a few thousand invested in my business but the concept is too good to share on a forum. I'd have to know a person in real life in order to trust them to be an investor.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
I'd appreciate a few thousand invested in my business but the concept is too good to share on a forum. I'd have to know a person in real life in order to trust them to be an investor.

You should be a copywriter!

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Why is that?

Most people run begging for investors, making it so that they have to validate themselves.

But your post turns it around, making investors not only need to validate themselves to YOU, but also arousing curiosity and the mindset of a "exclusive club."

These are copywriting techniques that you somehow used implicitly.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Most people run begging for investors, making it so that they have to validate themselves.

But your post turns it around, making investors not only need to validate themselves to YOU, but also arousing curiosity and the mindset of a "exclusive club."

These are copywriting techniques that you somehow used implicitly.

True. People want something more when they can't have it. But, I wasn't purposefully trying to play hard to get. My idea is literally the best one I've ever come up with and I think it's going to be huge.

The only way I'd trust an investor is if they came here to San Diego and we had a face to face meeting so that I could get to know them and possibly have them sign a non-compete agreement/NDA.

I would not risk creating competitors just to possibly receive a few thousand dollars by sharing my idea on this forum.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
I'm also interested to know more about this. I got some money in the bank that's sleeping since I don't need it yet for my fastlane biz..

hlopez22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jan 3, 2012
I got ideas but my ideas are mostly in the tech space also which can make some investors run when there is nothing yet established.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
PM sent to all who requested. I am not begging anyone for anything. The OP asked for suggestions. I responded with a suggestion and an offer.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
PM sent to all who requested. I am not begging anyone for anything. The OP asked for suggestions. I responded with a suggestion and an offer.

No email from you my friend.

BBarakti

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
The only way I'd trust an investor is if they came here to San Diego and we had a face to face meeting so that I could get to know them and possibly have them sign a non-compete agreement/NDA.

Hello Kind sir,
I might very well be your man. :) I happen to live in Scripps Ranch..well basically the corner of Scripps and Mira Mesa.. east side of I-15...
I arrive back in SD on May 25 and would be pleased to sign any NDA or Non-Competition or whatever.. I'm still hashing through ideas and just being able to meet someone in the flesh who's done a bit of their own homework and their own reading would be refreshing. My peers/ family aren't particularly interested and it gets lonely out here on the highway... putt putt'ing in my 1930's "hoopty"...ie industrial job. :)

Let me know if you're for real about working on something. Or even if that's not what transpires, just someone to drink a cup of coffee and discuss bumps, blocks, signs, and roadkill on the way down the highway.

As far as the other posters, I'm interested in any thing that can work.... lets talk. I've got a few, but nothing really very far along or super exciting. Even though I know that's not necessary alot of the time.

tanx

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011

Runum, send me a PM with the info as well, if you don't mind. I'm always open to new investments and opportunities.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Would be interesting to hear the idea as well because I have a couple grand sitting around doing nothing currently :D If so, great, if not, no worries!

Sorry Mike, I am not able to do this kind of thing with minors. Maybe in a few years.

BBarakti

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry Mike, I am not able to do this kind of thing with minors. Maybe in a few years.

uhhmmm Runum.... how bout you share with me.. cause, well many of my favorite things involve stuff that can't be done with minors.... If I could find fastlane and enjoy the subject matter.. all the better... not necessary, but better. :D

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
uhhmmm Runum.... how bout you share with me.. cause, well many of my favorite things involve stuff that can't be done with minors.... If I could find fastlane and enjoy the subject matter.. all the better... not necessary, but better. :D

on its way

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Hello Kind sir,
I might very well be your man. :) I happen to live in Scripps Ranch..well basically the corner of Scripps and Mira Mesa.. east side of I-15...
I arrive back in SD on May 25 and would be pleased to sign any NDA or Non-Competition or whatever.. I'm still hashing through ideas and just being able to meet someone in the flesh who's done a bit of their own homework and their own reading would be refreshing. My peers/ family aren't particularly interested and it gets lonely out here on the highway... putt putt'ing in my 1930's "hoopty"...ie industrial job. :)

Let me know if you're for real about working on something. Or even if that's not what transpires, just someone to drink a cup of coffee and discuss bumps, blocks, signs, and roadkill on the way down the highway.

As far as the other posters, I'm interested in any thing that can work.... lets talk. I've got a few, but nothing really very far along or super exciting. Even though I know that's not necessary alot of the time.

tanx

Do you have money available to invest?

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Yea, I've been working overseas for a little while... so I have a bit....and am steady making more... ;)

That's good. Send me a PM when you arrive in San Diego and we'll arrange a meeting. Like you said, if nothing else it will at least give you someone else to talk to and help you stay motivated towards your own fastlane goals rather than being surrounded by a sea of slowlaners.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
With a few thousand, the best thing you can invest in is coaching, education and or personal development... imho.

btw, I'm not trying to turn anyone against Runum's offering, he's a great guy and I'm sure anything he would propose is legit. I would trust him with my money.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Strange thing is that I thought this was the kind of thing that went on in the private forum... guess no need to strive for the 25mph now.

:thankyousign:

There are things that are revealed on the private forum. Most of it is advice on deals, investments, or idea development. There are also 2 different levels of the private forum. I am not even allowed to hint about what mystical things that are going on at the higher level.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.