The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Few Thoughts on "Success"...

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Is there ever a point when you feel like you're "there"? I mean, have you ever just sat in a bar, designing your newest business, drinking some really good beer and think "Damn, I have a really great life"? That's what I'm doing right now...

I haven't reached my definition of "wealthy" yet. But will I ever? I mean, as soon as I build more, all I do is raise the bar. That's life. You keep raising the bar. I grew up poor. Now I own cars and homes. No consumer debt. I have an amazing wife and kids. I've traveled all over. I live in my dream home. Yet there is more to do now then there has ever been in the past. It seems that success begets success.

My observation is this: there always seems to be a point on the horizon that we feel we must reach. We think when we get there we will be "happy". That's not the way life works. No matter how far you go, the horizon lies beyond reach. We never get to a place where we've "arrived". We never get to a point where we define success and have met all our goals, because as soon as we hit goals, we redefine our goals and set new ones. There's no such thing as "making it". There is only integrity, value, faith, courage...the good stuff. And ALL this stuff is available anytime you want to get on board. Can you become successful overnight? You bet. You can become wealthy and successful instantly.

The Fastlane has nothing to do with money. It has to do with living a great life. You can get started anytime, and all the money you'll ever need will follow automatically.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Speed +.

It's all about mindset and attitude. We ARE free to choose!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Life can be anything you make of any situation.

There is something strange that happens. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but once in a blue moon I'll be sitting there and for some reason everything is just right with the world. Its a self induced high if you will. Its happened at really strange times too.

Last I can recall I was sitting in the middle of the ocean. We had been working for months on end with a common goal in mind. My boat had just surfaced for a "steel beach." We were all kicking back for our 30 mins of sunshine that deployment, eating, smoking cigars and just staring at the Atlantic. Everything was perfect. The blue of the ocean, the waves, the breeze, the clouds, the flying fish, everything.

All you can do is sit back and grin. Life is grand game. I have more fun playing the game then putting it up at the end.

Good post++

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Speed +.

It's all about mindset and attitude. We ARE free to choose!

Thanks. And I agree. We are free to choose...I think that's a big thing that gets missed a lot of the time. We focus so much on what we want to achieve in the future that we lose focus on the fact that we could die anytime, and life is not about toys or whether or not we've "made it". Because there's no such thing.

And I don't think it's a negative thing to say that there's no such thing as "making it". Success comes when we balance our lives, put our financial affairs in order and start living in such a way that we're able to invest in the future and create value for others. That's all there is...the future. It keeps on coming til we die. The most successful amongst us are the ones who create the most value for everyone we come in contact with.

MJ has written an article to this effect of course. I just played ping pong yesterday with a guy who makes more than $200k a month. I played ping pong with him ( I kicked his a$$ too..that's a different story!). I hung out on a boat with a guy last summer who is one of the top RE brokers in the country. He pulled me aside at one point and told me that he took over 20 weeks off last year. He made crazy money while he was enjoying time with his family. 20 weeks is almost half the year folks...

Here's the thing...the most successful people out there are real people, doing ordinary work. Living ordinary lives. The big difference is that they do it with integrity and vision. And that's what makes the difference. They are of average intelligence, average backgrounds, etc...and they don't let anything hold them back.

There is no limit to what you can accomplish. Start today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Life can be anything you make of any situation.

There is something strange that happens. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but once in a blue moon I'll be sitting there and for some reason everything is just right with the world. Its a self induced high if you will. Its happened at really strange times too.

Last I can recall I was sitting in the middle of the ocean. We had been working for months on end with a common goal in mind. My boat had just surfaced for a "steel beach." We were all kicking back for our 30 mins of sunshine that deployment, eating, smoking cigars and just staring at the Atlantic. Everything was perfect. The blue of the ocean, the waves, the breeze, the clouds, the flying fish, everything.

All you can do is sit back and grin. Life is grand game. I have more fun playing the game then putting it up at the end.

Good post++

Right on man. Every once in a while it just hits you. That's what just happened to me. Cigars are often part of it...ha.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
My observation is this: there always seems to be a point on the horizon that we feel we must reach. We think when we get there we will be "happy". That's not the way life works. No matter how far you go, the horizon lies beyond reach. We never get to a place where we've "arrived". We never get to a point where we define success and have met all our goals, because as soon as we hit goals, we redefine our goals and set new ones. There's no such thing as "making it". There is only integrity, value, faith, courage...the good stuff. And ALL this stuff is available anytime you want to get on board. Can you become successful overnight? You bet. You can become wealthy and successful instantly.

The Fastlane has nothing to do with money. It has to do with living a great life. You can get started anytime, and all the money you'll ever need will follow automatically.

Good observation. Speed++

We should continue to travel to the horizon (explore new grounds and challenge ourselves) but we should not forget to enjoy every minute of the trip.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.