The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A book to read for a 10 years old

bukavu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 7, 2012
My 10 years old son loves reading, I suppose he reads books for 10 years old, he's just finished all "the diary of a wimpy kid" series.

I would like to direct him to read more mind challenging (for his age) books with an idea to get him to be more fastlaner minded kid.

What books would you suggest I buy him.

For eg. I was afraid to get him to read "Rich dad poor dad" as I thought it was for more older people than 10.

Thank you in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
There is Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens. One of my favorites when I was about 13 was "The Wealth barber". It has a story book feel and is fun to read while being easy to follow. It's slow lane thinking, but set the state for my strong money and wealth management skills. "The Richest Man in Babylon" might be another book to consider.

@MJ: Time for "fastlane for teens", perhaps?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This isn't a book my any means, but have you checked out Khan Academy? He might be interested in videos that explain a lot of things they don't explain in school.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
This isn't a book my any means, but have you checked out Khan Academy? He might be interested in videos that explain a lot of things they don't explain in school.

I second this idea! He talks about a wide variety of a ton of subjects, and gets pretty in-depth. I used this for my daughter when we were homeschooling (6th grade).

Sasha

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Oct 7, 2011
Denver
No book to suggest, I just wanted to say I would focus less on what's age appropriate, and more on what's appropriate for your child at his current level.

You'll mostly like have to talk through a few of the concepts covered in a book that isn't intended for those at the prep school age, but don't let that stop you. If you want him to read it, Buy Rich Dad Poor Dad. If it's too far over his head (even after discussing it with him), then get him the teen version.

Bottom line, don't place a limit on what he reads based on his age. Let him tell you something is too advanced... he just might surprise you.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe what I was reading at that age.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hatchet is an awesome book about survival. Great read for around that age. Also, he may like the Lord of the Rings series. Great adventure stuff, fosters imagination and creativity.

<---------teaches 10 year old students all day. :)

bukavu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 7, 2012
Thank you for the suggestions, especially for the "rich dad poor dad for teens" which I have just ordered. I will read the other ones before I can buy them.
I have also visited the Khan Academy website, looks great and probably would offer a lot of learning materials, only I don't have time to go through thousands of videos (right now), I wish there was a suggestion on specific titles to focus on.

Otherwise, thank you very much.

I'm loving this forum, if my son was old enough I was going to suggest him to hang around here.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Wow I forgot about Hatchet, that book was epic. Brian's winter was good as well.

I agree. We are using Hatchet as a study of literature and science concepts. Brian's Winter is next.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The Richest Man in Babylon. Great read. Get him a copy and write something cool for him in the cover. Hopefully he passes it along to his kids one day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.