• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

A book to read for a 10 years old

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by bukavu, Oct 22, 2012.

1. bukavu

bukavu New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    My 10 years old son loves reading, I suppose he reads books for 10 years old, he's just finished all "the diary of a wimpy kid" series.

I would like to direct him to read more mind challenging (for his age) books with an idea to get him to be more fastlaner minded kid.

What books would you suggest I buy him.

For eg. I was afraid to get him to read "Rich dad poor dad" as I thought it was for more older people than 10.

Thank you in advance

2. G-man422

G-man422 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $176
    There is Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens. One of my favorites when I was about 13 was "The Wealth barber". It has a story book feel and is fun to read while being easy to follow. It's slow lane thinking, but set the state for my strong money and wealth management skills. "The Richest Man in Babylon" might be another book to consider.

@MJ: Time for "fastlane for teens", perhaps?

3 people like this.
  3. wade1mil

wade1mil Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,098
    This isn't a book my any means, but have you checked out Khan Academy? He might be interested in videos that explain a lot of things they don't explain in school.

4. mayana

mayana Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,833
    I second this idea! He talks about a wide variety of a ton of subjects, and gets pretty in-depth. I used this for my daughter when we were homeschooling (6th grade).

5. Sasha

Sasha Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $345
    No book to suggest, I just wanted to say I would focus less on what's age appropriate, and more on what's appropriate for your child at his current level.

You'll mostly like have to talk through a few of the concepts covered in a book that isn't intended for those at the prep school age, but don't let that stop you. If you want him to read it, Buy Rich Dad Poor Dad. If it's too far over his head (even after discussing it with him), then get him the teen version.

Bottom line, don't place a limit on what he reads based on his age. Let him tell you something is too advanced... he just might surprise you.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe what I was reading at that age.

5 people like this.
  6. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,492
    Hatchet is an awesome book about survival. Great read for around that age. Also, he may like the Lord of the Rings series. Great adventure stuff, fosters imagination and creativity.

<---------teaches 10 year old students all day. :)

andyhaus44, The-J and Mr.Dietsch like this.
  7. bukavu

bukavu New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Thank you for the suggestions, especially for the "rich dad poor dad for teens" which I have just ordered. I will read the other ones before I can buy them.
    I have also visited the Khan Academy website, looks great and probably would offer a lot of learning materials, only I don't have time to go through thousands of videos (right now), I wish there was a suggestion on specific titles to focus on.

Otherwise, thank you very much.

I'm loving this forum, if my son was old enough I was going to suggest him to hang around here.

8. Mr.Dietsch

Mr.Dietsch Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $104
    Wow I forgot about Hatchet, that book was epic. Brian's winter was good as well.

andyhaus44 and Runum like this.
  9. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,492
    I agree. We are using Hatchet as a study of literature and science concepts. Brian's Winter is next.

10. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $621
  11. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,675
    The Richest Man in Babylon. Great read. Get him a copy and write something cool for him in the cover. Hopefully he passes it along to his kids one day.