The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You are not the only one to "come out" now and post negative feedback about their experience with Andrew. Why did you wait until now vs. a month ago?

TBH I thought it was my fault. Maybe I was too sensitive to his indirect sales pitch. Maybe I was too blind to see wisdom in his words, etc. I didn't want to discourage him and make enemies on the forum at the same time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IlyaP

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
504%
Aug 25, 2016
TBH I thought it was my fault. Maybe I was too sensitive to his indirect sales pitch. Maybe I was too blind to see wisdom in his words, etc. I didn't want to discourage him and make enemies on the forum at the same time.
I think that's a big issue with these things.

If you do a session and it doesn't work, some people can tell you to "open up," while slowly manipulating you into feeling like it's your fault if something doesn't work.

Now, I'm not saying that's what happened here, and I got value out of some of Andrew's posts on the forum, but I did do a free consulting session with him and left him a good review on the forum even though I felt the same as you did and I was in a vulnerable place at that time. (Not an excuse for leaving an undeserving review that might've misled others though, so I apologize.)

I felt like I "owed" him something because he offered this free training session to help me out and find my way. I also felt like he was genuinely trying to help me and when it didn't work as well as he said it would, figured it was just me doing it wrong. At the very beginning of the call he mentioned the success he had doing this with 3 of his other paid clients so at that point it was sort of like "it worked for these guys and didn't work for me, so what's wrong with me?"

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I felt like I "owed" him something because he offered this free training session to help me out and find my way.

Cashvertising, page 60, Cue #4: Reciprocation.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
We shall see in due time if Andrew has indeed taken the advice given here in this forum. I have a feeling he will still proceed with his book. When it's out we'll know won't we? There are only so many websites you can sell an e-book. For now perhaps it's time to move on?

let it go.gif

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Man what a train wreck.

This is the result of drinking ones own bathwater, "fake it till ya made it" and all the rest. Focus on doing good things, not tricking people, and results will come.

has there been a member of this forum thats had so many personal connections to credible people on here yet still missed the mark by so much? Not saying Andrew can't (or won't) change, but he is missing the target by so far right now its cringe worthy.

All the best Andrew, I don't know you, have read your threads and thought (without knowing for sure) you were another BRO marketer, I hope no one else ever wastes money taking your advice on topics you have no idea about. Thats fraud my friend. Your ripping people off. Don't talk about relationships, please. I've had more bad experiences than you've had dates, and I'm a rookie on the topic... Grow up dude, and don't poison our members with your uneducated rubbish anymore.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Tony Robbins is about the only person who I will listen to. But isn’t he focused more on NAC - neuro associative conditioning? which seems a bit different than NLP. I am probably wrong though. All of these fancy acronyms get confusing after while.
Do you know why NLP is called NLP?

When Bandler and Grinder (the co-creators) became proficient at using Milton Erickson's language patterns (AKA ericksonian hypnosis) and started getting results, they wanted to be able to do it commercially accross all the USA. But they discovered that hypnosis was forbidden in some states.

They figured that if they branded it with a catchy name, they would be able to practice worldwide bypassing many regulations.

One day Richard Bandler (I think) was at home thinking about it and took a look at a pile of books. A psychology book, one about linguistics and a computer programming book stood out.

AND BAM! Just like that Neuro-Linguistic Programming was born.

Years later Tony Robbins became a student and when he saw that he could make money out of it he started doing programs and stuff, which is why he started promoting himself on late night infomercials.

He soon realized that to have total control of his product he would need to change the name and make it unique. He figured that if people realized that what he taught was NLP some would just go to an NLP seminar or buy a book instead (and both options were/are much cheaper and more effective).

He can call it however he wants but at its core it's NLP, which at its core is ericksoninan hypnosis, which at its core is waking hypnosis, which is hypnosis or mind control or suggestions or psychological conditioning or subconscious influence or whatever.

Tony Robbins has "evolved" (changed) a lot during his career. The early Robbins was an NLP teacher and coach with some amounts of fun showmanship. Now 99% (not an accurate measurement) is show. You can clearly see this progression watching his videos through the years.

P.S.: I have nothing against Tony, he's just not my guru...

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
"After I make this post, I will be logging off of this Forum for a while."

AndrewNC was last seen:

Yesterday at 12:15 AM

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
"After I make this post, I will be logging off of this Forum for a while."

AndrewNC was last seen:

Yesterday at 12:15 AM

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As per gut instinct. I totally agree with Andrew's point that one should listen to gut instinct. After few Skype message exchanges with Andrew my gut instinct insisted me to GTFO ASAP and at the same time my BS alarms turned on too...

Although I couldn't find a better resolution video, it pretty much sums up how my first free (should I say NLP consultancy session) went:

Yikes, if it was remotely anything like that video, it was worse than I thought.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Wow, just wow! If I learn nothing else on this forum, it will be to do the opposite of what this guy has done. If I'm ever so far gone as to incur the wrath, pity or disdain of you guys, somebody come find me, shoot me and speed up natural selection.

fumune

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 14, 2017
Michigan
I moved back to Boulder, Colorado - because the women I fell in love with could not leave my heart for the life of me. The only thing that mattered to me in life was her - and she meant more than anything to me. The only problem, since we parted ways and dated other people - she just got engaged now being a few years later.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45XtlCFsQU

I really hope I'm just reading waaaay toooo much into that part of the story.

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Interesting and a little entertaining.

The thing is I've seen this exact set of events on different forums. The most tragic thing about it is it takes so long. 2 clear instances of this happening I can think of it took over 5 years for things to come to light.

That's the problem with the internet, it's really hard to know exactly what's going on behind the other person's screen.

Anyway, hope Andrew gets things sorted out and does well for those he knows personally. Afterall, my name is Andrew :)

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Why not just come back?

I know this sounds stupid. I'm relatively new on the forum so take my advice as someone that only know you superficially (from this post).

But you know everyone has their own adversities. And the ones that come back from failure are usually the ones that make it. Greatness doesn't come from just doing everything right. It usually comes to those who did a bunch of things wrong but shrugged it off, no matter how bad it gets. And then they do something that seems to defy common sense and get uncommon results.

You couldn't have done all you did without the help of others, and now you think the best option for you is to be alone? To just leave all those who wish you well?

The people who wish you well. At one point or another, you have helped them in some way or in some form. They want you to be like that again.

It's ok. When friends are telling you the direction you are going is wrong, take the feedback, evaluate, and just go in another direction. Don't continue going in the same direction.

I can sympathize with you. I get it. But getting depressed doesn't do anything. Being a 'successful' person doesn't do anything. Your title doesn't mean anything.

Helping other people and being in the moment does. It's not about people liking you. It's about giving back to those who helped you, and not overlooking those who could be a force for growth. It's about being secure in yourself to realize you don't need to take from others. And that giving to others would give you all the things you need.

Again, all your friends here are just telling you to think about them again. They want the old Andrew back. And they're trying to help you get on your feet. You don't have to conquer your inner demons alone. You don't have to give in to fear, or judgments.

Money is just an exchange system between one person and another. If you can find a way to get money and help the person then you would have no trouble. That should be the goal. Not to get famous, or validations, or compliments from old buddies and strangers (which gets annoying). They only feed your ego. And then it just grows into a cycle of high and dips.

Some people have figured out how to minimize the high and dips, and so their perception is more in line with reality. Some of these people are telling you things they are observing. You have to realize your perception is not always right. Sometimes there is no one 'right' answer. You have a choice now to adapt to this forum's view about you and improve, or just leave and regress.

You may be ashamed now, but everyone just wants you to be truthful and contribute again. You can do it. You just have to start with one step in the right direction.

Last edited:

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
This thread is kind of a shock for me.

You know, the forum rep system tend to biases you about the people behind that number. And I’ve always wondered why Andrew had so high rep. I though that I was missing something.

I’ve been in the self-development world (working and learning about coaching, NLP, hypnosis, psychology, etc) for 5 years now. I’m not working anymore in it, but still learning and keeping an eye in all the gurus out there.

There’s a lot of bs in that world. I have become very cynical about that. There’s a big business teaching people how to do NLP or coaching or whatever and making them believe that they can make a good living doing it… with almost no training or real experience. It’s the same as the gurus that teach “how to win money teaching how to win money.”

So, this thread is kind of a shock because I wanted to believe in Andrew. But everything I read from him is usually followed by a cynical “yeah, sure” in my mind, so this just confirm that sensation.

I really hope you find your way, Andrew.

Anyway…

Eventually I formed a skype mastermind group with @wade1mil @JasonR and @TheTruth - Three of us eventually moving in an apartment together in Scottsdale, Arizona.

The main benefits there was an accountability group that forcefully kept me accountable no matter how much I wanted to slack off. Also we committed to one idea for 6 months, despite how many failures we faced.

This is nice. Like Friends but with entrepreneurship :D Love this

I got the line “Help the people in motion” from an article by Amy Hoy.

This is a great advice. Trying to help only stuck people is frustrating, and usually converts you in a healer or a saver. You do it because you need that role, not because you want to help people.

I know you want to help people. So go help people by doing it, not by exaggerating your accomplishments to sell a book or course that you may not be qualified to write.

I can relate with some of the modus operandi of Andrew, because I was acting in some way quite similar in the past.

Still now, everything I learn something that blows my mind I want to share it, and fantasize a bit about teaching it in a course. Until, few minutes later, my values take control and my thinking changes to “ok, first I need the real experience and the drive to understand and care about my future clients in this course. I want that?”

Almost always, the answer is no.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I've no doubt Andrew is a gem. Although a very lost one.

I hope these comments and suggestions will open up his eyes and help him make a right turn in his life. Just imagine what he could accomplish with similar energy directed elsewhere. Oh boy.

As per gut instinct. I totally agree with Andrew's point that one should listen to gut instinct. After few Skype message exchanges with Andrew my gut instinct insisted me to GTFO ASAP and at the same time my BS alarms turned on too...

Although I couldn't find a better resolution video, it pretty much sums up how my first free (should I say NLP consultancy session) went:

Love it!

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Well, there is one person you can't escape from or be anonymous to: yourself.

I posted few months ago a thread to document my progress to becoming a billionaire. You guys can imagine how it went.

I got defensive and took the decision to not log again. I kept thinking about it..
CONSTANTLY!

My arrogance and delusion lead me to taking action. Then to realize I was way off, disrespectful of the grind. I faced myself and came back here a learner.

And humbled.

My .02 for the OP. I know you are reading. Face yourself. Listen to others. Admit defeat. It won't be easy.

But it will pass.

And then it will get better.

I want to second this... Most of you have seen my "Bought a Huge House with a 3 Car Garage!" thread.. I came in spewing some stupid bullshit and got decimated... and it was truly a great thing. Helped me get my head out of my a$$

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I want to second this... Most of you have seen my "Bought a Huge House with a 3 Car Garage!" thread.. I came in spewing some stupid bullshit and got decimated... and it was truly a great thing. Helped me get my head out of my a$$

This forum beat common sense into people at times. It's crazy. I don't always agree with how some answers but... it is a tough love.

Entrepreneurship and business can be ruthless...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread closed.

Please report any new Andrew postings.

He isn't banned, but I'm not gonna let him post around here as if we are his loyal audience subject to his theories and self-indulgent narcissism. At this point it's like watching a cocaine addict ... sure we'll keep the door open for a possible intervention, but he ain't gonna snort the drugs in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!