The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
7 Days To Freedom:
How To Go From Wantrepreneur To
Income Producing Freelancer In Just 7 Days

If you came to me, and you had NOTHING, and I literarily mean ZERO, no experience, no skills, no special connections, no good birth, no money, nothing setting you apart from anyone else other than a DEEP BURNING DESIRE to start making money and to be independent, I would tell you to stop dreaming and become a freelancer.

And here’s why.

When you’re at ground zero, the only thing of value that you could offer to anyone are personal services. You don’t have a product, you don’t have a network that you can leverage, some of you don’t even have any skills.

But all of you could begin doing things for others that they find valuable and are happy to pay for. In the process, you learn and perfect new skills, interact with people, build your network, make friends, make money, you start uncovering unresolved needs in the marketplace, and more importantly, you start living life on your own terms!

All of which are components that you will absolutely need to become a big hitter rainmaker that starts a Fastlane business making millions down the road.

And let me ask you this… do you HATE working a job? Do you HATE having a boss? If so why do it?

“Oh, but I have to slave away at this job I hate till I get more knowledge, and till I build capital to strike out on my own. I need the income to support myself, my family, and my loved ones”

I hear you.

Just a question. Do you know what happens to most people?

Today they’re slaving away at their job because they need to. Tomorrow will be no different, since their mind will tell them the same thing… “today I need to slave away at this job!”

So if you’re not quitting today, why do you think you’ll quit tomorrow? You see, the need is all in the mind.

The moment you realize you could be making the same income as you did working a job by offering your own personal services, your life will be transformed. You’ll realize that you don’t have to wait YEARS before you quit your job. You can do that now. Right NOW! And you can start making money on your own…

No need to bear with the rudeness of your boss, or to turn your a$$ up for higher ups who know less than you to violate and humiliate you. No, not even for one more day!

You can have your freedom and get rich at the same time!

The Real Truth: The Obstacles Are In Your Mind

There’s nothing that prevents you from making your first cash in the next 7 days all by yourself. NOTHING!

Everything that you think is stopping you is in your mind. It’s because of what goes on in between your ears that you think you’re not ready. That’s why you’re not taking action.

And I know it, and you know it too…

You’re Scared Shitless!

That’s why you accept slavery. That’s why you’re working a job or thinking to work one. Because you think you HAVE TO.

And why do you think that?

Because you’re afraid.

And you think that you must first get rid of that F*cking fear, and only then will you be able to take action and make your dreams a reality.

You think that your fear is false evidence appearing real, so if only you could see it for what it is, your fear would vanish, and you’d be on your merry way to your dreams.

But Let Me Break It To You:
FEAR Is NOT False Evidence Appearing Real

Yes, fear is real. There’s nothing false about it. That knot in your stomach… it’s F*cking real! In fact, if you’re trying to convince yourself that your fear is false, then you are playing fear’s game, and you’ve already lost.

You need to STOP trying to convince yourself that your fears are not going to come true. Just let go of that fight.

Because…

They ARE going to come true!!

Yeah, you will die, your loved ones will die, you will suffer, your loved ones will suffer. GUARAN F*ckIN TEED!

So stop avoiding that which you fear. Fear is just a bunch of physical sensations, they will not kill you.

Just imagine someone held a gun to your head. Is your fear false evidence appearing real? Well, we both know that that’s bullshit. The fear is as real as it gets. There’s a F*cking gun to your head!

But the real truth is that you don’t need to imagine it. There already is a gun to your head, and nobody is going to get out alive, that’s the only certainty in life.

So It’s Time To WAKE THE F*ck UP!

What do you have to lose by taking the step you’re afraid to take and living your life on your terms? Will you be more fulfilled because you lived 80 years as a dog or rather that you lived 20 as a F*cking LION?!

It’s not the length that makes life worth living, but the intensity.

So let go of the fear because you’re already F*cked, and being afraid is for sure not going to help you get that gun away from your head.

The real truth is that…
You’ve Got NOTHING To Lose
Except Your Heavy Chains

So what’s there to be afraid of losing? Your slavery?

Because your life you’re going to lose whether you like it or not. The only question is how are you going to go out? Are you going to go out with your head stuck to the ground, overpowered and humiliated by your fears?

Or will you go out like a LION, roaring your way to success?

Make Your Choice, The Time Is Now Or NEVER!

So death is unavoidable, but do you want to die free or die a slave?

That, you can determine.

And the truth is that you don’t need to wait for I don’t know who to save you, or to gather I don’t know what amount of money before you can be free. You can be free starting TODAY!

And offering personal services, becoming a freelancer, could be your first step to that freedom.

Here’s Why Freelancing Can Be Your Ticket To Freedom

Let’s see.

Do you want to be your own boss?
Do you want to write your own script?
Do you want to decide when you show up to work and how?
Do you want to spend more time with your family?
Do you want to be independent and make your own cash?
Do you want to make money without spending ANY?
Do you want to work from your pijamas?
Do you want to show your boss the middle finger?
Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

Then that’s exactly why freelancing can be your ticket to freedom – all of the above, it can help you achieve.

Freelancing is Literarily ZERO Risk

What can you lose? When you offer your personal services, you’re not spending any money to get your clients, apart from your time.

It’s not like eCommerce and all this complicated Fastlane stuff that takes cash to get started. You can get started with ZERO MONEY.

Ok I’m ON BOARD, What’s The Next Step?

The next step is attending the “Get Started Freelancing” 3-hour Masterclass where @Speed112 and I are going to go over the entire client acquisition process and show you how to get your first clients in the next 7 days.

We’ll cover 4 Methods of getting your first clients:
• Platforms (like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer)
• Inbound Lead Generation Through Groups
• Outbound Strategic Client Acquisition
• Partnerships with Agencies

In the process you’ll learn the key principles of mastering each, and get a roadmap and system that you can start applying right away to get your first clients. In 7 days.

If you’re worried that you don’t have any skills, don’t worry. We’ll show you how to discover your skills or acquire them, and get your first clients. Again, all within 7 days.

No sales skills? We’ll show you the essentials that you need to get started.

And you’ll also get the opportunity to get direct help from us in our Discord server afterwards, if you get stuck. For FREE!

And if your mindset is getting in the way… No worries, we’ll take care of that too! :)

Does This Cost Me $2,000?

No, it’s an investment of just $57 (will be $97 after the live event) to get started, which you’re likely to make back from your FIRST CLIENT! 

And no, you don’t need to take 10 courses to start making money either.

Unlike many others I’m not here to take your cash, I’m here to show you how to make cash in the shortest way possible, so that you can start unleashing your own power and grabbing life with both hands.

I’m here to set you free, just the way I was set free many years ago.

I love the forum and MJ’s work, it has frankly been lifechanging for me, and so 20% of the income made from this Masterclass will get donated to supporting the forum.

What Else Do You Get?

Apart from access to the Discord server and direct coaching from us, you’ll also get a PDF Roadmap that summarizes the Masterclass if you stay to the very end. It will summarize the key concepts, and the key processes you’ve got to apply to get your first clients in the next 7 days.

There Are NO UPSELLS, Just A Q&A At The End!

Yes, this isn’t a joke. There are actually ZERO upsells. No promotion. It’s balls to the wall, and it’s time to take action, not to bullshit around. So we finish just with a Q&A where you can ask any questions you want, and we’ll help you directly to overcome your challenges, whatever they are.

When Is It?

10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM CST / 7:00 PM CET on Tuesday, May 11th 2021!

Is This Good For Me If I Already Freelance?

Absolutely. If you’re a freelancer on Upwork, you’ll learn how to better use Upwork, AND how to use other means to get higher paying clients outside of Upwork. This includes partnering with agencies, strategic outbound outreach, as well as inbound strategies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 05.13.2021

The masterclass ended up being a REAL BLAST for those who participated, tons of value in there, including mindset, first steps, how to get started, how to get clients! The replay is still available for those who did not join the live event, and @Speed112 and I are open to answering your questions here, via the "Ask Questions" feature of the masterclass, and or via Discord.

If you never signed up for the live event, you can still purchase a spot, we've made the replay run once every 15 minutes. Since this has been such a success, the price to get into the replay is now $97, and the same deal as before holds -> 20% of it will get donated to the forum. You can purchase your spot here.

For those who have purchased a ticket, if you need to log in to the masterclass, or want to rewatch the replay, you can do so simply by going here, clicking "Already registered?" as in the link below, and entering the email you signed up with:
Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 13.48.54.png

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 13.49.29.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Freelancing is not equal to fastlane , being there done that, it is not even a slow lane, it is just a loser line in most cases. Yes, there are exceptions to this role who are making living , but odds are against you since freelancing is highly competitive market, and it takes time to built a returning clients

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
Freelancing is not equal to fastlane , being there done that, it is not even a slow lane, it is just a loser line in most cases. Yes, there are exceptions to this role who are making living , but odds are against you since freelancing is highly competitive market, and it takes time to built a returning clients
I don’t want to move the thread off track.

I just want to clarify for those getting started that Freelancing CAN be a good avenue to start off with.

I would challenge you and say, it isn’t a loser line.
Sure it isn’t fastlane. But reaching the fastlane takes steps correct?

You start off with a hourly job->specialized labor -> specialized skill -> specialized product -> productacracy.

Freelancing puts you in the specialized skill section. You can charge higher rates for less time than the previous two steps.

So let’s not label it aloser line”. I actually freelanced (pivoting now) and it isn’t that hard to reach minimum 1k a month for 20 hours of work.

Due to this, I had more time to consider my next move, which in turn is leaning towards ecommerce.

Let’s not label Freelancing with such a negative term.

it’s just another step towards freeing your time and coming up with a CENTS-based productacracy.

PS: Anyone can make a living Freelancing, as long as you provide an actual valuable service.

Biswas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 24, 2021
7 Days To Freedom:

If you came to me, and you had NOTHING, and I literarily mean ZERO, no experience, no skills, no special connections, no good birth, no money, nothing setting you apart from anyone else other than a DEEP BURNING DESIRE to start making money and to be independent, I would tell you to stop dreaming and become a freelancer.

And here’s why.

When you’re at ground zero, the only thing of value that you could offer to anyone are personal services. You don’t have a product, you don’t have a network that you can leverage, some of you don’t even have any skills.

But all of you could begin doing things for others that they find valuable and are happy to pay for. In the process, you learn and perfect new skills, interact with people, build your network, make friends, make money, you start uncovering unresolved needs in the marketplace, and more importantly, you start living life on your own terms!

All of which are components that you will absolutely need to become a big hitter rainmaker that starts a Fastlane business making millions down the road.

And let me ask you this… do you HATE working a job? Do you HATE having a boss? If so why do it?

“Oh, but I have to slave away at this job I hate till I get more knowledge, and till I build capital to strike out on my own. I need the income to support myself, my family, and my loved ones”

I hear you.

Today they’re slaving away at their job because they need to. Tomorrow will be no different, since their mind will tell them the same thing… “today I need to slave away at this job!”

So if you’re not quitting today, why do you think you’ll quit tomorrow? You see, the need is all in the mind.

The moment you realize you could be making the same income as you did working a job by offering your own personal services, your life will be transformed. You’ll realize that you don’t have to wait YEARS before you quit your job. You can do that now. Right NOW! And you can start making money on your own…

No need to bear with the rudeness of your boss, or to turn your a$$ up for higher ups who know less than you to violate and humiliate you. No, not even for one more day!

There’s nothing that prevents you from making your first cash in the next 7 days all by yourself. NOTHING!

Everything that you think is stopping you is in your mind. It’s because of what goes on in between your ears that you think you’re not ready. That’s why you’re not taking action.

You’re Scared Shitless!

That’s why you accept slavery. That’s why you’re working a job or thinking to work one. Because you think you HAVE TO.

Because you’re afraid.

And you think that you must first get rid of that f*cking fear, and only then will you be able to take action and make your dreams a reality.

You think that your fear is false evidence appearing real, so if only you could see it for what it is, your fear would vanish, and you’d be on your merry way to your dreams.

Yes, fear is real. There’s nothing false about it. That knot in your stomach… it’s f*cking real! In fact, if you’re trying to convince yourself that your fear is false, then you are playing fear’s game, and you’ve already lost.

You need to STOP trying to convince yourself that your fears are not going to come true. Just let go of that fight.

Because…

Yeah, you will die, your loved ones will die, you will suffer, your loved ones will suffer. GUARAN f*ckIN TEED!

So stop avoiding that which you fear. Fear is just a bunch of physical sensations, they will not kill you.

Just imagine someone held a gun to your head. Is your fear false evidence appearing real? Well, we both know that that’s bullshit. The fear is as real as it gets. There’s a f*cking gun to your head!

But the real truth is that you don’t need to imagine it. There already is a gun to your head, and nobody is going to get out alive, that’s the only certainty in life.

So It’s Time To WAKE THE f*ck UP!

What do you have to lose by taking the step you’re afraid to take and living your life on your terms? Will you be more fulfilled because you lived 80 years as a dog or rather that you lived 20 as a f*cking LION?!

So let go of the fear because you’re already f*cked, and being afraid is for sure not going to help you get that gun away from your head.

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

Because your life you’re going to lose whether you like it or not. The only question is how are you going to go out? Are you going to go out with your head stuck to the ground, overpowered and humiliated by your fears?

That, you can determine.

And the truth is that you don’t need to wait for I don’t know who to save you, or to gather I don’t know what amount of money before you can be free. You can be free starting TODAY!

And offering personal services, becoming a freelancer, could be your first step to that freedom.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

Then that’s exactly why freelancing can be your ticket to freedom – all of the above, it can help you achieve.

What can you lose? When you offer your personal services, you’re not spending any money to get your clients, apart from your time.

It’s not like eCommerce and all this complicated Fastlane stuff that takes cash to get started. You can get started with ZERO MONEY.

The next step is attending the “Get Started Freelancing” 3-hour Masterclass where @Speed112 and I are going to go over the entire client acquisition process and show you how to get your first clients in the next 7 days.

In the process you’ll learn the key principles of mastering each, and get a roadmap and system that you can start applying right away to get your first clients. In 7 days.

If you’re worried that you don’t have any skills, don’t worry. We’ll show you how to discover your skills or acquire them, and get your first clients. Again, all within 7 days.

And you’ll also get the opportunity to get direct help from us in our Discord server afterwards, if you get stuck. For FREE!

And if your mindset is getting in the way… No worries, we’ll take care of that too! :)

No, it’s an investment of just $57 (will be $97 after the live event) to get started, which you’re likely to make back from your FIRST CLIENT! 

Unlike many others I’m not here to take your cash, I’m here to show you how to make cash in the shortest way possible, so that you can start unleashing your own power and grabbing life with both hands.

I love the forum and MJ’s work, it has frankly been lifechanging for me, and so 20% of the income made from this Masterclass will get donated to supporting the forum.

What Else Do You Get?

Apart from access to the Discord server and direct coaching from us, you’ll also get a PDF Roadmap that summarizes the Masterclass if you stay to the very end. It will summarize the key concepts, and the key processes you’ve got to apply to get your first clients in the next 7 days.

Yes, this isn’t a joke. There are actually ZERO upsells. No promotion. It’s balls to the wall, and it’s time to take action, not to bullshit around. So we finish just with a Q&A where you can ask any questions you want, and we’ll help you directly to overcome your challenges, whatever they are.

When Is It?

10:00 AM PST / 1:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM CST / 7:00 PM CET on Tuesday, May 11th 2021!

Absolutely. If you’re a freelancer on Upwork, you’ll learn how to better use Upwork, AND how to use other means to get higher paying clients outside of Upwork. This includes partnering with agencies, strategic outbound outreach, as well as inbound strategies.

Will the recording be available after the live masterclass?
7 Days To Freedom:

And here’s why.

I hear you.

You’re Scared Shitless!

Because you’re afraid.

And you think that you must first get rid of that f*cking fear, and only then will you be able to take action and make your dreams a reality.

Yes, fear is real. There’s nothing false about it. That knot in your stomach… it’s f*cking real! In fact, if you’re trying to convince yourself that your fear is false, then you are playing fear’s game, and you’ve already lost.

Because…

Yeah, you will die, your loved ones will die, you will suffer, your loved ones will suffer. GUARAN f*ckIN TEED!

Just imagine someone held a gun to your head. Is your fear false evidence appearing real? Well, we both know that that’s bullshit. The fear is as real as it gets. There’s a f*cking gun to your head!

What do you have to lose by taking the step you’re afraid to take and living your life on your terms? Will you be more fulfilled because you lived 80 years as a dog or rather that you lived 20 as a f*cking LION?!

So let go of the fear because you’re already f*cked, and being afraid is for sure not going to help you get that gun away from your head.

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

That, you can determine.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

What Else Do You Get?

When Is It?

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.

Yes.

There will be a recording up with the full unabridged masterclass. Although I would recommend you participate in the live event so you have the opportunity to ask us questions in the live Q&A (that's the most valuable part)

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
7 Days To Freedom:

And here’s why.

I hear you.

You’re Scared Shitless!

Because you’re afraid.

Because…

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

That, you can determine.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

What Else Do You Get?

When Is It?

Sounds very exciting!
But a few questions.
What about client acquisition?
I do have an active business ATM so I`ve moved a little beyond freelancing at this point, although not much since this is a recent change (leaving freelance and other work)
Would you say that the masterclass is useful for someone that has to deal with client acquisition for their business?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Yes, freelancing is not Fastlane, however, it's a great starting point for going Fastlane. Why is that?

Well, imo, nothing prepares you for starting your own business as much as freelancing does. To start with, you learn how to search after deals, how to negotiate, how to do your accounting, how to market yourself, and how to be independent. All those skills are prerequisites for starting a business that you'll not learn as an employee. If you don't have them, or you don't get them, you can't run a successful business.

In addition, freelancing is a great way to build capital for your business. It is true that it is competitive... but then business is also competitive. If you can't outshine others as a freelancer, your chances to do so in business are imo significantly lower, since business is harder than successful freelancing.

Sounds very exciting!
But a few questions.
What about client acquisition?
I do have an active business ATM so I`ve moved a little beyond freelancing at this point, although not much since this is a recent change (leaving freelance and other work)
Would you say that the masterclass is useful for someone that has to deal with client acquisition for their business?
The core of the masterclass is client acquisition. The more advanced client acquisition strategies that we'll discuss can be applied outside of freelancing:
• Partnerships

In our case, we'll discuss them specifically for freelancers and how freelancers can use them, however, the same strategies can be used in the context of other businesses, especially if they are service-based (SaaS, marketing agencies, web agencies etc.). You have many people here who use some of these strategies to get their clients. I know @Andy Black has been using Facebook groups quite successfully as of late (an example of Inbound Lead Gen), and someone like @Fox used to rely on outbound strategic outreach.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Yes, freelancing is not Fastlane, however, it's a great starting point for going Fastlane. Why is that?

Well, imo, nothing prepares you for starting your own business as much as freelancing does. To start with, you learn how to search after deals, how to negotiate, how to do your accounting, how to market yourself, and how to be independent. All those skills are prerequisites for starting a business that you'll not learn as an employee. If you don't have them, or you don't get them, you can't run a successful business.

In addition, freelancing is a great way to build capital for your business. It is true that it is competitive... but then business is also competitive. If you can't outshine others as a freelancer, your chances to do so in business are imo significantly lower, since business is harder than successful freelancing.

The core of the masterclass is client acquisition. The more advanced client acquisition strategies that we'll discuss can be applied outside of freelancing:
• Partnerships

In our case, we'll discuss them specifically for freelancers and how freelancers can use them, however, the same strategies can be used in the context of other businesses, especially if they are service-based (SaaS, marketing agencies, web agencies etc.). You have many people here who use some of these strategies to get their clients. I know @Andy Black has been using Facebook groups quite successfully as of late (an example of Inbound Lead Gen), and someone like @Fox used to rely on outbound strategic outreach.
Alright, I`m game :)
Gotta increase these skills somehow.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Freelancers do not rely on one person for all their income. This makes it more secure than a typical job where 1 person(the boss) determines your entire income.

Freelancers can also get experience, and then create an agency within their market, which can very quickly become fastlane.

I've run across that many many times - Freelancer that created an agency, and now is mostly in charge of client acquisition while the rest of their team completes work.

ssr

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 7, 2017
Nairobi

• Partnerships

Hi, Thanks for this.

I wanted to check - I am currently freelancing as a financial modeler. Will your course help me generate new leads (at the moment, I only rely on Upwork) - and where would you go looking for new leads, considering most of my clients are new businesses or early stage start-ups?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hi, Thanks for this.

I wanted to check - I am currently freelancing as a financial modeler. Will your course help me generate new leads (at the moment, I only rely on Upwork) - and where would you go looking for new leads, considering most of my clients are new businesses or early stage start-ups?
Hi, you're welcome.

So, the other three methods will help you score more clients outside of Upwork if that's what you're looking to do:

In your particular case, you'll have to think about what sort of problems you can help solve for those businesses, and from that, we can help you find & reach out to your ideal clients. There are many groups on LinkedIn for startups and entrepreneurship that are a good idea if you know how to interact with them, and the same holds true for Facebook.

In addition, you have to explore the idea on your own if you can find other businesses offering supplementary services that go along well with yours. What other things are people looking for when they need a financial modeler? And then looking into forming partnerships with such businesses would be of interest. Again, I don't know exactly what problems financial modelling solves for startups & new businesses, so I need your input on this to be of greater help.

Jeshe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 13, 2020
Hong kong
7 Days To Freedom:

And here’s why.

I hear you.

You’re Scared Shitless!

Because you’re afraid.

Because…

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

That, you can determine.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

What Else Do You Get?

When Is It?

What time will course be in Hong Kong?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
What time will course be in Hong Kong?
It will be very late, at 1:00 AM HK time as the starting time. Everyone who signs up though will have guaranteed access to the replay forever + you can ask us anything by email/Discord if you can't attend the live event.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom.
A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave me a perspective on the whole freelancing before going into entrepreneurship debate (it's from honeycopy):

The whole story...

Honestly, F*ck entrepreneurship.

Or, at least, F*ck starting with entrepreneurship.

If we were to compare entrepreneurship to sex... (and I know I compare just about everything to sex, but it's kind of how we all got here)... starting with entrepreneurship feels to me like just jumping right into the action without any sort of kissing or loving or foreplay-ing or warming-up.

Sometimes it's appropriate. Sometimes. But, generally speaking, the act is far better if the two of you begin with a walk and then work into a jog and then, eventually, make your way into a sprint.

Freelancing is like a real-life MBA where you get paid to practice a very specific skill and get an inside look at wildly successful businesses.

It has allowed me to not only hone my writing chops but also learn, first hand, from brilliant minds at companies like Onnit (who just got acquired by Unilever), Butterfly IQ (who just recently went public) and Bowflex (who has been public).

It wasn't until about three or four years into freelancing full-time that I started seriously flirting with entrepreneurial projects like courses, paid communities and books.

And, guess what? When I was doing this flirting, I was making six-figures freelancing. So, the crippling stress of failure and potentially losing my a$$ starting something wasn't a demon I had to wrestle with. I could just build the things that I was excited about.

Not to mention, when I finally did this building, I felt like I couldn't fail because I had all of this knowledge that I had acquired (while getting paid, mind you) whilst writing copy for the glorious brands I just mentioned.

All that to say, I think everybody should dabble in freelancing, whether it's as a precursor to entrepreneurship, as a full-time vocation or part-time in addition to one's day job.

@Black_Dragon43 also preaches the very same thing :hilarious:

By the way, I'm buying this. I know tanda somewhat well (at least, as well as you could know someoen who lives in a different country who is trying to sell you something) and I trust him to deliver the value he promises.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
Was just going over the content with @Black_Dragon43 and something came up that probably won't fit in the live masterclass, yet it's quite relevant and important to note. So I'll go over it here I guess.

A crippling limiting belief...

"I need to be the best to charge people for my skills."

Or not even the best, but really good, or otherwise qualified. Most people believe they need some form of validation for their skills in order to be paid for plying them. This is very costly.

The truth is... you don't need to be great at something to make a lot of money from it. You most definitely don't need to be the best. You might need to be slightly better than the other person. But, really, you just need to be good enough to help them in a valuable way. Which is not that great...

And you definitely don't need any certification or diploma or some authority figure telling you that you're allowed to help people.

I started off making money online as a clueless teenager... by teaching people how to play video games better. I charged $15/hr because that's how much my math tutor was charging me to teach me math. Seemed good. Now, most people were indeed at a much lower skill level than mine. That's why they paid me for my skills...

But some people I ended up working with...

Those who got the most value out of my coaching and showed me that I can charge way more than $15/hr over time... They were actually way more skilled than me. They were pros, and yet, they hired me to coach them.

Why?

Because their time was better spent focusing on their mechanical skill, while I fed them the condensed theory and guidance they needed to excel.

Comparative Advantage, Opportunity Cost, and the Division of Labor.

As a freelancer, you get to specialize in a particular skill. And what's cool about that is that there will always be people who will gain great value from delegating suitable tasks to you. As opposed to handling them themselves... EVEN IF they are better than you at solving those tasks on their own, as long as they have more valuable things that may take priority.

Let's look at a practical example:

You've got Jerry and Bertha. They're both great people being productive and doing great things. In this example, they both want to produce Gems and Shirts. Whatever. Random stuff.

For the sake of example and brevity, gems are worth $5, shirts are worth $1.

Now, Jerry, in one day, can craft 3 gems and 12 shirts. Bertha is baller and she can craft 5 gems and a whole 30 shirts. Wow! In $ amounts, that's $27 for Jerry and $55 for Bertha every day. Not bad for hypothetical economics example people.

But what if the two decide to work together to maximize the value created?

Bertha can focus on making shirts because she seems quite good at them, while Jerry can make gems. Bam, now they make 6 gems and 60 shirts (instead of 8 and 42) and the total $ amount they create is $90 (instead of $82) ... Magic! They've both increased their productivity by nearly 10% just by focusing on one task and sharing with one another.

I'll spare you the details. You can google the terms in the headline or open an economics book. But this whole idea applies just as well in the labor market, with skills or more abstract forms of production. And the moral is...

You don't have to be better than the person you're working with.

You just have to enable them to create more value.

This can literally be done by simply saving them time so they can focus on more productive endeavors (with better opportunity cost) ... that's why craftsmen took apprentices back in the day.

And this remains the case even when the absolute gap in potential value produced is really high.

If someone can do $300/hr work, why would they waste their time doing stuff that they can easily delegate to someone else for $30/hr?

This is how businesses create value in the marketplace. By specializing in particular solutions and optimizing them so that it's cheaper for people to hire the business than to do it themselves.

And a freelancer is practically a microbusiness. And it's not a big leap to scale from a one-man-show to a multi-person service business or even a full-blown agency. It's just a matter of scope and progression.

Is all this clear?

Once your time is valuable enough, it becomes cheaper to eat at a restaurant than to eat a homecooked meal. Because, although you're paying more at a restaurant, you're losing more opportunity when cooking instead of working.

Successful people (the people you want to work with) understand this and they will relish at the opportunity to profit off of your expertise, regardless of its level. Yes. EVEN IF YOU SUCK.

Your job is to understand this as well and showcase how you can best create value together with these people.

So if it's profitable for people to work with you even if they're better at your particular specialty... How much more profitable is it when you're slightly better than them?

And how incredibly profitable can it be when you've developed your skills so much that you become an expert that they can utterly trust to get them the results they want?

The beauty of freelancing is that you can be the one in control of this journey, from Day 0, even if you have no skills or knowledge or experience... You just have to be willing to put in the work and deliver. And you can be on this journey all the way to mastery and becoming a baller Millionaire.

And once you build the right skillset... and if you know what you're doing... You can transition to being the one hiring others as freelancers within a solid Fastlane Business and scale from the first few kiddy millions to the big boi Millions.

But first, you have to get started.

And there's no faster and more direct way of getting started than by straight-up helping people create value through your skills.

Cool beans.

Do you guys have any other ideas for why people might hold themselves back from embarking on this journey, taking action, and creating value? Any other limiting beliefs?

Why don't people seize opportunities that stare them in the face?

I'd love to read your thoughts.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The first thing we'll be discussing inside the Masterclass tomorrow is...

The First Base!

That is, your goal, your vision. Why do you want to get into freelancing? What's your purpose?

Do you want this to be the launching ground for a MEGA business that's going to print hundreds of millions of hard, cold cash and change the world in the process?

Or do you want to make this the start of a lifetime of FREEDOM and TIME, with enough money not to worry about it?

Or perhaps the launchpad to get high value skills, get yourself in a high-growth startup as a founder or early employee, and retire on a few million dollars?

The point guys, is that you need to know what you want from the very beginning.

And that will shape everything that you do in your freelancing career.

You must NEVER lose sight of this.

Tomorrow we will cover exactly how you can gain clarity on it. And once you have a clear vision, that is aligned with your core desires and personality, then you'll have a lot more momentum...

For example, does it happen to you now that you try to do something, but you can't follow through? It just feels like you want to do it, but somehow you have no energy to do what you want to do?

That often happens when you're not crystal clear about what you want and why. When you're confused about your goals, that confusion shows up in your lack of action, or in feeling ambivalent about what you have to do to succeed.

And that leads to self-sabotage.

Once you align with your BIG GOAL with your VALUES & PURPOSE, then it's like removing the governor from your engine, and allowing yourself to use your full power to move ahead. You will feel a sense of resolve, and increased motivation in the daily grind. And the daily grind, combined with the customer acquisition strategies we'll share with you inside, will change the entire game for you.

If you want to be successful with freelancing, this is the foundation. This is what makes the difference between the guys that get ahead, and the other ones who freelance and are in the same position today as they were 2 or even 3 years ago.

So if you wanna make it happen, join, and I look forward to seeing you inside and helping you CRUSH it at the game of freelancing! :fistbump:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
We're going to be starting soon, in 1 hour! Everyone else who wants to join us for the ride, grab a last minute ticket here:

If you already have a ticket, click the link above, scroll to the form, click on "Already registered?" and login with your email!

Last edited:

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
I don’t want to move the thread off track.

I just want to clarify for those getting started that Freelancing CAN be a good avenue to start off with.

I would challenge you and say, it isn’t a loser line.
Sure it isn’t fastlane. But reaching the fastlane takes steps correct?

You start off with a hourly job->specialized labor -> specialized skill -> specialized product -> productacracy.

Freelancing puts you in the specialized skill section. You can charge higher rates for less time than the previous two steps.

So let’s not label it aloser line”. I actually freelanced (pivoting now) and it isn’t that hard to reach minimum 1k a month for 20 hours of work.

Due to this, I had more time to consider my next move, which in turn is leaning towards ecommerce.

Let’s not label Freelancing with such a negative term.

it’s just another step towards freeing your time and coming up with a CENTS-based productacracy.

PS: Anyone can make a living Freelancing, as long as you provide an actual valuable service.
Yes, whatever you said is quite true. In the beginning, I felt very negative regarding freelance but gradually I worked upon my skills and provided my clients the best services and now I think freelancing is the best approach to nourish your career.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!

Thank you very much for joining, participating and making use of this masterclass and what we taught inside. We hope you've got a TON of value, and we're looking forward to hearing the progress you make using what you've learned.

If you bought a ticket and could not attend, you should be able to find an email with the replay. The email with the replay was sent to everyone yesterday, but we've had some deliverability issues to email addresses at yahoo.com. That should now be fixed. In case you did NOT get the replay or the PDF Roadmap (summary) at the end, please reach out to myself by DM here, and I will make sure that you do!

If you've missed the live event and are just seeing this thread now, please be aware that we've made the masterclass replay run once every 15 minutes so you can sign up when you want to watch it, and you can buy in a spot at just $97. Same deal as before holds, 20% of what you pay will get donated to the forum. You can purchase your spot from here.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
For those who have purchased a ticket, if you need to log in to the masterclass, or want to rewatch the replay, you can do so simply by going here, clicking "Already registered?" as in the link below, and entering the email you signed up with:
View attachment 37982

View attachment 37983

Blackdiamond2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 4, 2021
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to succeed as a freelancer, for all types of people and plans - whether you want to use it as a stepping stone to a business, or to do it as a lifestyle. I would highly recommend it, there's no upsells and at the price it's great value!

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
7 Days To Freedom:

And here’s why.

I hear you.

You’re Scared Shitless!

Because you’re afraid.

Because…

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

That, you can determine.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

What Else Do You Get?

When Is It?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The masterclass ended up being a REAL BLAST for those who participated, tons of value in there, including mindset, first steps, how to get started, how to get clients! The replay is still available for those who did not join the live event, and @Speed112 and I are open to answering your questions here, via the "Ask Questions" feature of the masterclass, and or via Discord.

If you never signed up for the live event, you can still purchase a spot, we've made the replay run once every 15 minutes. Since this has been such a success, the price to get into the replay is now $97, and the same deal as before holds -> 20% of it will get donated to the forum. You can purchase your spot here.

View attachment 37982

View attachment 37983
Wow. Used to think freelancing was just another way to say jobless. Turns out plenty of freelancers who dabble in writing, content creation, video editing, art, and more earn more dollars a month than some people with regular office jobs. The y have some neat tools too. Looks like this Upwork platform is my "sign" to start and get a little extra income. (yeah, I got laid off cause of covid) Thanks for this.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
7 Days To Freedom:

And here’s why.

I hear you.

You’re Scared Shitless!

Because you’re afraid.

And you think that you must first get rid of that F*cking fear, and only then will you be able to take action and make your dreams a reality.

Yes, fear is real. There’s nothing false about it. That knot in your stomach… it’s F*cking real! In fact, if you’re trying to convince yourself that your fear is false, then you are playing fear’s game, and you’ve already lost.

Because…

Yeah, you will die, your loved ones will die, you will suffer, your loved ones will suffer. GUARAN F*ckIN TEED!

Just imagine someone held a gun to your head. Is your fear false evidence appearing real? Well, we both know that that’s bullshit. The fear is as real as it gets. There’s a F*cking gun to your head!

So It’s Time To WAKE THE F*ck UP!

What do you have to lose by taking the step you’re afraid to take and living your life on your terms? Will you be more fulfilled because you lived 80 years as a dog or rather that you lived 20 as a F*cking LION?!

So let go of the fear because you’re already F*cked, and being afraid is for sure not going to help you get that gun away from your head.

The real truth is that…
Except Your Heavy Chains

That, you can determine.

Let’s see.

Do you hate risk?

Oh, you do right?

What Else Do You Get?

When Is It?

View attachment 37982

View attachment 37983
Is this opening back up anytime soon?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%