• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC 4-Hour Work Week. Anyone read it yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by FT1, Aug 17, 2007.

1. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    There's appears to be a lot of momentum behind "The 4 Hour work week" by Tim Ferriss.

Have any of you read it? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying?

Thanks.

Fred

3 people like this.
  2. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $182,089
    I thought it was a decent book. It goes through a few totally different topics. I thought the book's focus from the beginning to the end was very broad.

1) His life history
    2) How to outsource your life
    3) How to prepare to work from home
    4) How to start an online business

Overall, I'd recommend it.

1 person likes this.
  3. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Thanks for the review.

Fred

4. Andrew

Andrew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    I liked it. I am not much of a book reader anymore, but I managed to read the full thing. Wrote a full review on my blog here: http://www.webpublishingblog.com/the-4-hour-workweek-by-timothy-ferriss-review.htm

The title sounds hyped, and he did intentionally pick it to make sales. However, huge changes have occurred in just the last few years making 4 hours a realistic number that some people pull off.

My own programmer works at a managed outsourcing company, I give him a project and don't have to speak to him until its completed. I never have to check in on him or wonder if he showed up for work, the company takes care of all of that. In 45 minutes I am accomplishing a 2 week project for pennies on the dollar of what it would cost to pay someone in the first world.

The basic concept is -- if your business process can be written out, you can pay someone overseas to do it, and pocket the profits. Not everyone has that opportunity depending on how on-site their business is. For those that are tied down to their businesses (i.e. owning a restaurant) or who are unfamiliar with outsourcing I would expect very poor reviews.

5. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Excellent review.

I picked up a copy and it's now on my stack of books to read before years end...

BTW, you have an excellent blog. I've been following it for the past couple of months.

Continued success.

Fred

1 person likes this.
  6. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
  7. Andrew

Andrew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    I am reading the book again, and am more and more convinced - 99% of people are not there. Not where they actually want to be, but where they think they should be.

Everyone should be reading this book, at any age IMHO.

Here are some things that we should be striving for in order to achieve a happier life:

Have others work for you
    Prevent overwork for the sake of working - do minimum with maximum result
    Do what is exciting to you
    Your goal is to do all the things you want to do in life and become the person you want to be
    What we fear doing most is usually what exactly we should do
    Make money for specific reasons only
    More quality, not quantity
    Does your life have a purpose? Are you just making money while being a drone? You can be rich and miserable - that is easy.
    Cashflow first, big payday later
    The goal is the freedom and resolve to pursue work, but not to work for work's sake.

I think this just changed my perspective yet again. I am now going to plan moving across the country this may

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.