The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

4-Hour Work Week. Anyone read it yet?

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
There's appears to be a lot of momentum behind "The 4 Hour work week" by Tim Ferriss.

Have any of you read it? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying?

Thanks.

Fred

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought it was a decent book. It goes through a few totally different topics. I thought the book's focus from the beginning to the end was very broad.

1) His life history
2) How to outsource your life
3) How to prepare to work from home
4) How to start an online business

Overall, I'd recommend it.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
I thought it was a decent book. It goes through a few totally different topics. I thought the book's focus from the beginning to the end was very broad.

1) His life history
2) How to outsource your life
3) How to prepare to work from home
4) How to start an online business

Overall, I'd recommend it.
Thanks for the review.

Fred

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
I liked it. I am not much of a book reader anymore, but I managed to read the full thing. Wrote a full review on my blog here: http://www.webpublishingblog.com/the-4-hour-workweek-by-timothy-ferriss-review.htm

The title sounds hyped, and he did intentionally pick it to make sales. However, huge changes have occurred in just the last few years making 4 hours a realistic number that some people pull off.

My own programmer works at a managed outsourcing company, I give him a project and don't have to speak to him until its completed. I never have to check in on him or wonder if he showed up for work, the company takes care of all of that. In 45 minutes I am accomplishing a 2 week project for pennies on the dollar of what it would cost to pay someone in the first world.

The basic concept is -- if your business process can be written out, you can pay someone overseas to do it, and pocket the profits. Not everyone has that opportunity depending on how on-site their business is. For those that are tied down to their businesses (i.e. owning a restaurant) or who are unfamiliar with outsourcing I would expect very poor reviews.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I am reading the book again, and am more and more convinced - 99% of people are not there. Not where they actually want to be, but where they think they should be.

Everyone should be reading this book, at any age IMHO.

Here are some things that we should be striving for in order to achieve a happier life:

Have others work for you
Prevent overwork for the sake of working - do minimum with maximum result
Do what is exciting to you
Your goal is to do all the things you want to do in life and become the person you want to be
What we fear doing most is usually what exactly we should do
Make money for specific reasons only
More quality, not quantity
Does your life have a purpose? Are you just making money while being a drone? You can be rich and miserable - that is easy.
Cashflow first, big payday later
The goal is the freedom and resolve to pursue work, but not to work for work's sake.

I think this just changed my perspective yet again. I am now going to plan moving across the country this may

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.