The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

37 years old with $1.6M in REIT holdings - seeking to grow

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Rich Wood

Contributor
Jun 17, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
I've been told that the new magic financial freedom # is $10M. So given that I have some distance to go, as I'm at about $1.6M in holdings now. I'm shooting to be financially free by the time I'm 43.

In pursuit of this, I am seeking advice from professionals who may be there on how to diversify between my passive holdings (partial ownership in REITs with preferred returns), to active development, where I may get higher returns including the construction fees.

I am getting between 10 and 15% Cash on Cash right now, with several investments in hotels, mixed use and office in the Mid-West and Arizona.

In the next 5-10 years, I would like to pursue doing my own developments. I have 7 years of construction experience with my father as a general contractor and am finishing a course through Cornell in Real Estate Development

Is it worth it to do the development or just continue to invest excess cash from my current business in the passive private REIT's.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock