The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[30.3.2021][Gyra] My records of moving from A to Z

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
[Notice]
Hi,
This is a thread I made to record my journey. Nothing more, so please go back if you like :) or if you would like to cheer me up. Thanks a lot. ;)
I'm Leona, born 1983 in Vietnam. After reading Uncripted and thinking hard for a week, I realized MJ and I have almost nothing in common so even if he gave me a compass, I had no idea how to move from A to Z. There seems to be no Fastlaner around me too, so I made this thread as a seed, I hope to grow it into a tree in this land, no matter how it becomes, every time I'm sad it will be the potion for me.

A: today, read the book --> need to take action but where to start? --> start by improve myself first -> go to SS to watch many teaching videos --> Making animated video on YT seems fine to me --> I'm going to make my first video tonight

Z: don't know yet, I will realize it when it comes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What I like about your thought process is you are asking yourself logical, empowering questions, and making decisions based on the evidence in front of you. So many people come to this forum and let the littlest thing stop them.

Keep asking the right questions, keep making the best decisions you can, keep taking action.

Keep going.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A sudden news came to me and I thought it would bring trouble in near future so all my good mood in the morning was gone. I felt unmotivated and lazy, I couldn't do any task that I'm supposed to do so took a nap to recharge, but after waking up it didn't get any better. I realized I was depressed. I went to Ted talks channel and looking for ways to solve it from the professionals, it was really helpful. Now I realize that I was simply in fear, fear for many things that may not happen and I need to keep calm and just do it.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hang in there. Don't worry about what you can't change. Keep pressing.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
First things first, you have to be able to take care of basic needs. You get to decide what that means and how to do it, but it probably means getting a job. You decide whether to take care of family or not, but I'm guessing that is likely a yes also.

So get as high paying job as you can with as flexible hours as possible. You got to start somewhere, so don't be afraid to get one job, but keep looking for another better job that will fit this criteria.

Use any extra time or money you have towards building a new business. Once your business can support your family, quit the job.

Also, one thing I always asked myself when trying to decide what job or business to get into. What kind of conversations will I have everyday in this role?

I'm an extrovert. I knew I didn't want to take on the kinds of jobs that meant I'd never talk to anybody. But I also didn't want to take any jobs on where the conversations were going to be completely boring to me. As long as I'm having interesting conversations, I generally like what I'm doing for a living. This worked out pretty well for me, as I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've done for the last 25 years.

Hope that helps.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
There seems to be no Fastlaner around me too, so I made this thread as a seed, I hope to grow it into a tree in this land, no matter how it becomes, every time I'm sad it will be the potion for me.

Welcome Leona, and a very nice sentiment.

Dan

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished my 3rd art . This one is more complicated design. The fact that I can bring what dearest to me into arts on computer is so exciting, a great motivation to keep on practicing.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
why don't you build the pc piece by piece? instead of buying a complete pc just buy the parts when you have the money and slowly build it yourself?
Thank you
Actually, our current option is my animator friend of friend will come to the shop with me and buy seperated parts then he will essemble into a pc for me, for free (he is persuing my friend). We though about more cheaper parts but 1000 USD is the least amount to have a pc (and monitor) that an animator can use in the next 5-7 years before I need to buy a new one. I also took these parts info and asked an IT guy in my company (who is assemble pc for people as a side job), he said this is a good minimum system.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
I paid for it, I will have a completed pc in 6 days from now.
New obstacle: there is the fact that YT prefer clips longer than 10 mins and must have clickable content. No I can only make a 3s long clip per day, so if I posted it, 99.9 % it will be buried --> change to do practice in TT or YT shorts first, change to slide animatiob to be able to make 10s clip per day.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
The down side of self-taught is sometimes I follow exact the toturials but it is not working and I couldn't find out the reason why, even after days searching google for advices of other people.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm glad you posted. I was wondering if you were still looking to move forward. I'm sorry the struggle has been harder than expected. Sometimes life sets these obstacles before us and we must find ways to persevere and overcome. The challenges make us stronger to better face our future.

Keep trying. Don't give up.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Is it what I hate to make daily conversation with?
I asked myself this question with every venture. What will I be talking about all day? Will I enjoy those kind of conversations? Or will they exhaust me?

I always advise my friends to ask themselves that question too.

I used to do it when I was looking for jobs, but even now in running businesses.

So now, even the days when I'm exhausted at the end of the day, I can still at least look back on my day and say I enjoyed myself.

Keep asking yourself that.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
I asked myself this question with every venture. What will I be talking about all day? Will I enjoy those kind of conversations? Or will they exhaust me?

I always advise my friends to ask themselves that question too.

I used to do it when I was looking for jobs, but even now in running businesses.

So now, even the days when I'm exhausted at the end of the day, I can still at least look back on my day and say I enjoyed myself.

Keep asking yourself that.
Thank you. I understand myself is under big depression because of covid, family burden, unemployment and uncertain future. It is really helpful to me to have someone to express my thoughts and receive feedback.
I have some save money, it will give me some months to think. I will use this time to strengthen my positive energy, my mental and physical health, also consider carefully about my new direction.
Thanks again.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A1: so I did follow the instruction and it took way too long than I expected --> why? --> because I'm not familar with it UI and didn't study any art course --> what to do? --> research what are top tools that other people use and master it first :)
--> I decided B will be : post a video that I'm satisfied 70% on YT and TT

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A1: I finished watching all toturials video but too many tools to remember, what is the most effective way to do? --> try to follow along some simple design YT and recreate them by memory.
New obstacle: I need to reinforce myself for a HSK test in next 10 days--> dont stop, cut time in half for both tasks every day.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished a step by step toturial video of creating a simple art and then I use the same technique to make my first art about KvsG movie (what I like), although it is not animated yet. I made IN and TW account and post it. This is the first step. Good job for me! ✌

Last edited:

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
What I like about your thought process is you are asking yourself logical, empowering questions, and making decisions based on the evidence in front of you. So many people come to this forum and let the littlest thing stop them.

Keep asking the right questions, keep making the best decisions you can, keep taking action.

Keep going.
Thank you. I will keep going !

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished another tutorial video and made my 2nd art of an anime character I like when I was a child, till no animation though but getting excited --> need to sleep on time to build enough energy for tomorrow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.