The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 years of failure...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
I hope that I am in the right corner of the forum (new member here). Sorry if not

So my journey started 2014 when I was around 15 years old. My goal: financial freedom as fast as possible!

How? Let's ask google!
After a short time I came across of many money making gurus... I have to admit, that I got baited, but hey lessons learned!
I kept on digging in the web to find the solution which should provide me with an easy and big income stream.

Guess what, I wasn't be able to gain a single Euro (German student here). The funny part is that I never gave up and kept on looking for the "secret" to wealth. Frustration set in and bad emotions came across. Hopes were converted to failure on a regular base. What a time waste!

Now I am 18 years old and I found this forum and started to read all the gold threads. My conclusion: I have to read that damn book. One minute later I was caught. I couldn't stop reading (never read books in the past I hated it). My mindset got punched hundreds of times by the wise words of Mj! Now I can say that I did profit by investing a little bit of money and time. The return of the invest of 2 days intensive reading and like a few bucks: a changed mindset! A mindset capable of learning and doing everything to achieve anything!

I got motivated and thought about my decisions and my mindset...

What was the goal? To get some internet moneyz fast and eaaasy!

What is the goal? Create value and help as many people as possible!

Today I am thinking about what kind of service/product I could offer the world in order to create value and profit later on.
How? Well.... Currently that is the biggest obstacle on my road towards my current smaller goal: to build up my first serious business.

I got inspired by someone who apperantly loves ice cream. He got me thinking about starting a carpet cleaning business. Why? To learn entrepreneurship, learn to work for my own company, learn how to deal with customers and so on! I would do other things but most of that stuff is actualy not allowed in germany without a certain certificate...

My problem: what should I do in order to experience what it's like to be a entrepreneur/creating value?
-I have like 2000€ to start.
-I am living on the land (small village the next big city is 30km away).
-I know everything about fitness/bodybuilding.

Any advice would be helpful :)
And thanks to everyone on this forum. The amount of knowledge and motivation is just awesome!!!!!! You guys rock!

PS: sorry for all the grammer/spelling mistakes in the text.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The funny part is that I never gave up and kept on looking for the "secret" to wealth. Frustration set in and bad emotions came across. Hopes were converted to failure on a regular base.

This phrase right here. "I Never Gave UP!" this is a positive mindset. Frustration set in with emotions, because you added expectations to the outcome. You had a perceived a certain image within a certain time frame, based on what you believed. I think you have to understand the value is in the experience, process, and the journey. Not the outcome. You perceive it as failure. In my experience, I wiped out the whole concept of failure. Failure is it a negative concept. If I apply myself, and the outcome is not positive, then I'm a failure. Which brings your thoughts in alignment with a negative belief about yourself. Therefore, what you think has a cause and effect on your emotion. Which you say swung you into low-arousal, and then you probably beat yourself up with the negative inner critic, which then made you spiral more into negative thoughts and negative emotions. This basically is self-sabotage because you allowed your thoughts to spiral out of control, which you stated, "Hopes were converted to failure on a regular basis."

In the future: Set an attainable goal. Focus on taking action and what you want to achieve. Let go of the expectation of the outcome. Whether it's negative or positive doesn't hold the truth of the final outcome long-term. Short-term the outcome may be negative. This is normal in any business to have lows and highs in the outcome. It will constantly fluctuate throughout time. Look at the stock market for an example. It bombs out time to time, but it also has it peaks of high and low times. The outcome will constantly change by what kind of adjustments you make, what choices you make, education, skills, and application. Now you can't allow your emotions to be thrown out of wack every five minutes. This is learning how to regulate your emotions, thoughts, and feelings every day. I don't know if you know much about emotional intelligence, but I would start there.

What did you learn through the process? This is the most important part. I wouldn't say that is a failure, because you gained insight, wisdom, and knowledge from the experience.

For your ideas for Entrepreneurship, it doesn't sound like you have a definite goal to obtain. I feel you really have to figure this one out on your own, since you're the only one who can determine where your niche is and how you can add value to society.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
This phrase right here. "I Never Gave UP!" this is a positive mindset. Frustration set in with emotions, because you added expectations to the outcome. You had a perceived a certain image within a certain time frame, based on what you believed. I think you have to understand the value is in the experience, process, and the journey. Not the outcome. You perceive it as failure. In my experience, I wiped out the whole concept of failure. Failure is it a negative concept. If I apply myself, and the outcome is not positive, then I'm a failure. Which brings your thoughts in alignment with a negative belief about yourself. Therefore, what you think has a cause and effect on your emotion. Which you say swung you into low-arousal, and then you probably beat yourself up with the negative inner critic, which then made you spiral more into negative thoughts and negative emotions. This basically is self-sabotage because you allowed your thoughts to spiral out of control, which you stated, "Hopes were converted to failure on a regular basis."

In the future: Set an attainable goal. Focus on taking action and what you want to achieve. Let go of the expectation of the outcome. Whether it's negative or positive doesn't hold the truth of the final outcome long-term. Short-term the outcome may be negative. This is normal in any business to have lows and highs in the outcome. It will constantly fluctuate throughout time. Look at the stock market for an example. It bombs out time to time, but it also has it peaks of high and low times. The outcome will constantly change by what kind of adjustments you make, what choices you make, education, skills, and application. Now you can't allow your emotions to be thrown out of wack every five minutes. This is learning how to regulate your emotions, thoughts, and feelings every day. I don't know if you know much about emotional intelligence, but I would start there.

What did you learn through the process? This is the most important part. I wouldn't say that is a failure, because you gained insight, wisdom, and knowledge from the experience.

For your ideas for Entrepreneurship, it doesn't sound like you have a definite goal to obtain. I feel you really have to figure this one out on your own, since you're the only one who can determine where your niche is and how you can add value to society.

Wow thank you very much for that fast reply and the greate information. Your right I looked at my failure from a wrong perspective.

My goal was to get into carpet cleaning but I am really not sure how big the demand is. Competition is not a problem.

My really big plan is to actualy start my own supplement brand. Because I know everything about that topic.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
Three years of failure? Congratulations! That means that you were trying! Not only were you trying, but you were looking objectively and honestly at your results.

OK, let's talk about cleaning carpets. If I were giving that a go, this is what I would do. I'd start by finding out how much it will cost to rent a carpet cleaning machine. How are they rented in your area? (Here they rent by the day or by the half day.) Also learn how to run the machine. Maybe offer to clean your mom's carpet if she rents the machine. Now, the important part. Sell! Sell, sell,sell!!! Take out an ad, post online, put printed fliers on doors in your neighborhood. Do whatever it takes to line up as many carpets as you can clean in one day. Don't sell one cleaning on Monday, another on Wednesday.... no. Fill a day or a block of days. Then rent the machine and clean those carpets. If it goes well, do it again, and again. Then hire people to do it with you. Then when they know what to do, you sell and they clean. And so on.

Don't spend a single dollar (Euro, as the case may be) on equipment until you sell your service. (Read that sentence again) Spend only what is absolutely necessary to SELL YOUR SERVICE. Do a little research, but don't get bogged down beyond figuring out where to get the machine, for how much, how to use it and what others charge for the same job. Don't under cut them, because selling too cheap screws you too. Charge professional money and give overwhelming service.

Go get 'em!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Three years of failure? Congratulations! That means that you were trying! Not only were you trying, but you were looking objectively and honestly at your results.

OK, let's talk about cleaning carpets. If I were giving that a go, this is what I would do. I'd start by finding out how much it will cost to rent a carpet cleaning machine. How are they rented in your area? (Here they rent by the day or by the half day.) Also learn how to run the machine. Maybe offer to clean your mom's carpet if she rents the machine. Now, the important part. Sell! Sell, sell,sell!!! Take out an ad, post online, put printed fliers on doors in your neighborhood. Do whatever it takes to line up as many carpets as you can clean in one day. Don't sell one cleaning on Monday, another on Wednesday.... no. Fill a day or a block of days. Then rent the machine and clean those carpets. If it goes well, do it again, and again. Then hire people to do it with you. Then when they know what to do, you sell and they clean. And so on.

Don't spend a single dollar (Euro, as the case may be) on equipment until you sell your service. (Read that sentence again) Spend only what is absolutely necessary to SELL YOUR SERVICE. Do a little research, but don't get bogged down beyond figuring out where to get the machine, for how much, how to use it and what others charge for the same job. Don't under cut them, because selling too cheap screws you too. Charge professional money and give overwhelming service.

Go get 'em!

Thanks alot for your constructive help :)! I think the same way.

By the way this forum is truly a life changer! Just WoW the community is awesome.

I am really hyped right now. I will start to figure out how to clean those carpets and then I will give it a go! Also create a thread about my progress when I start! :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.