The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 Activities Every Successful Entrepreneur MUST Do Religiously

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
Hey everyone, it seems when it comes to doing activities that bring you closer to your success and entrepreneurial goals, it really only boils down to 3 categories:

1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

I made a quick video talking about.

I'm curious as to how others entrepreneurs view activities that lead to success. In your eyes & minds, is there any more than just these three?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Last edited by a moderator:

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
I think the points you make are useful. However, I feel as though as soon as you try and make it formulaic you start to undermine the essence of the goal. Its about adding value in your own unique way. How one persons does this will be different to another. If you don't add true value or its not unique it just another commoditised business.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Hey everyone, it seems when it comes to doing activities that bring you closer to your success and entrepreneurial goals, it really only boils down to 3 categories:

1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

I'm curious as to how others entrepreneurs view activities that lead to success. In your eyes & minds, is there any more than just these three?

I don't want you to get the wrong impression concerning the Fastlane community. Most people here are very positive, but also honest, which can often be mistaken for negativity at first glance. We simply understand the benefits of a no BullShit feedback so we can grow and reach our entrepreneurial goals.

My humble opinion concerning your post is that you should be taking notes instead of talking. If your "business" is entrepreneurship coaching, you should have posted your material and explained it is an attempt at promoting your coaching business, so other members can give you marketing advice.

Simply put, it would be more beneficial for you to see people here as collegues instead of customers/followers or whatever you want to get from those "3 easy tricks"

P.S. Do I see a squat rack being built besides the basketball court?

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
I think the points you make are useful. However, I feel as though as soon as you try and make it formulaic you start to undermine the essence of the goal. Its about adding value in your own unique way. How one persons does this will be different to another. If you don't add true value or its not unique it just another commoditised business.

Thanks for the positive response. I understand what you are saying about how each person will value these three activities differently, however this is an original video idea that I came up with from reading autobiographies of famous entrepreneurs. Most activities are just "busy" tasks like typing up documents or posting on social media. When it comes to actually creating value, I feel that it can be simplified into these tasks. 1. Network 2. Create. 3. Acquire Knowledge. Tbh I have yet to see a decent argument likewise regarding the subject of this post.

Btw, I just think it's easier to present video titles (and blog titles as well) as a list rather than something like, "Things An Entrepreneur Needs To Do". From my testing it converts better too.

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
I don't want you to get the wrong impression concerning the Fastlane community. Most people here are very positive, but also honest, which can often be mistaken for negativity at first glance. We simply understand the benefits of a no BullShit feedback so we can grow and reach our entrepreneurial goals.

My humble opinion concerning your post is that you should be taking notes instead of talking. If your "business" is entrepreneurship coaching, you should have posted your material and explained it is an attempt at promoting your coaching business, so other members can give you marketing advice.

Simply put, it would be more beneficial for you to see people here as collegues instead of customers/followers or whatever you want to get from those "3 easy tricks"

P.S. Do I see a squat rack being built besides the basketball court?

Wow, funny. I make a topic here on The Fastlane Forum and only get two good, serious responses. Kudos to you. Thanks for clarifying the general demeanor of the people here. i was starting to get a bad impression honestly.

First of all my business is not entrepreneurship coaching. I have no idea how that idea even came up....it's not even the topic of the thread. I am an entrepreneur who owns an online brand through channels such as YouTube, Instagram and my email list. I do not do coaching. I have published over 70 books on Kindle, one I wrote myself and is a top seller to this day. And I am currently working on an app. I build systems. I feel like I don't need to explain my life story just to ask a simple question on a forum. This is kind of ridiculous tbh.

When did I ever see people here as customers??? I understand how people can feel that way if they snoop around my profile and view my other videos (or listen to what other people are saying), but that wasn't even the intent my original post.

I'm genuinely curious as to how others entrepreneurs view activities that lead to success. I listed out the 3 activities I feel are important and all I wanted was some valuable responses from other entrepreneurs.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, funny. I make a topic here on The Fastlane Forum and only get two good, serious responses. Kudos to you. Thanks for clarifying the general demeanor of the people here. i was starting to get a bad impression honestly.

I'm genuinely curious as to how others entrepreneurs view activities that lead to success. I listed out the 3 activities I feel are important and all I wanted was some valuable responses from other entrepreneurs.

I think you aren't getting serious responses because many entrepreneurs here don't believe your premise.

1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

I don't have networking in my top 10. The last 2 are so general that it doesn't even mean anything to anyone. It's like saying the top 3 lessons to become a millionaire are:

1. Make Money
2. Provide Value
3. Invest

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

FINALLY! It's about time someone on this forum gave me the exact steps to get rich. Now I can stop being poor.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
While I agree with some of the criticisms leveled, I see that you are trying to bring value to the discourse.

On point three, I want to elaborate a little on a lesson I have learned hard. Not all learning is applicable to all circumstances. I've blown substantial capital by trying to apply this that or the other cool concept that I had just learned to where I was at that moment because it was my mental concept du jure. I'm not even talking about reading crap, I'm talking about reading good principals but working them into the wrong places because I just read them. So, while you asked what we are doing I am describing what I'm making effort to NOT do.

I will also say that your list of three is too distilled. It doesn't just boil down to three categories. The glaring omission that struck me first as I though about your statement is that none of those items really embodies the need to define your goals and path to reaching them or the imperative to take action every day toward those goals. The drive that a writer (maybe Mark Divine?) described as tearing it up like a man with his hair on fire.

Anyway, I think I see where you are going and I dig what your trying to do.

What have the responses you got taught you? Was it the material, the approach, the context or some other attribute that got results other than your intended results? (Speaking of learning) How do you take those knocks and turn them into forward momentum?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Dude. Making a video about what successful entrepreneurs need to do is a massive action fake.
Unless he's using it to pull people in to buy his stuff! lol!!:)

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Thanks for clarifying the general demeanor of the people here. i was starting to get a bad impression honestly.
:rofl:
1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning
Forget all that.

Just for people like you, OP, I came up with a two step plan. That is a 33% decrease in steps you need to do in order to succeed.

1. Get off Tai Lopez's nuts
2. Grow a thicker skin

Now, I must put this 'value' into a video and figure out how monetize it...

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
:rofl:

Forget all that.

Just for people like you, OP, I came up with a two step plan. That is a 33% decrease in steps you need to do in order to succeed.

1. Get off Tai Lopez's nuts
2. Grow a thicker skin

Now, I must put this 'value' into a video and figure out how monetize it...
THIS.
Op, you got negative replies because not a whole lot of people on this forum like Tai Lopez and nobody likes a guru. How many successful businesses have you started? If you haven't even started a successful business how can you tell others how to start a business?

New

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 2, 2016
Knooooooooowledge!

In all seriousness though, I fully agree on the fact that these 3 are must, and I religiously allocate time to do them every day & would recommend everybody to.

30 min a day Networking
5,5 hours a day Creating
30 min a day Learning (at least, usually I use all free time to learn).

I would argue that out of them, learning would be the number 1 perhaps. After all, networking is ultimately done with learning what other authorities in the field know. And creating, the more you learn about customers needs, the less time you need to dedicate to the creation process (you stop building needless crap and focus on solving needs instead).

As a continuation to this reflection, this Eric Ries quote always makes me think

BpdDufwCQAAXqwP.png

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't have networking in my top 10. The last 2 are so general that it doesn't even mean anything to anyone.
Dare to share your top 3? :playful:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
is there any more than just these three?

What I like to do in order to get rich is watch motivating and inspiring videos on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjPkwLL77Jw

As a life coach I'm definitely looking forward to getting rich by the latest ebook I've written. It's called "how to get rich by writing ebooks - about how to get rich"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

These are all incredibly important.

Case in point: I am the worst networker in the world. I am introverted and prefer solitude. I'm not interested in coffee with strangers. However, I will readily admit that if I was a better networker, I'd have a lot more $$$.

Creating is a tangential element to leading vs following. When you sell t-shirts from Tee-Spring, you're not really creating, you're following.

IMO, LEADING (or CREATING) is essential to a Fastlane.

Learning underscores the entire process. Anything worthwhile that I've accomplished has come from new skills, not old skills learned from some class in 1991.

As for the general, negative response you've received, it's probably because it came off as "guru" like in the flavor or TAl Lopez.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

Well done on your delivery. I chatter and stutter and interrrupt myself constantly when I'm talking... like my mouth can't keep up with my brain.

You can talk slowly and clearly - something I have to consciously work at.

There were a couple of parts near the end where you got a bit more passionate though, and spoke more from the heart. You might want to find out why that happened and try and bottle it.

Well done on creating and putting it out there. It's a very strange thing to talk to a camera. My first few times I literally opened my mouth and no words came out (very unusual for me).

Anyone reading should have a go for a giggle. It's an interesting sensation.

Create and Learn. 100% agreed. Interesting that you put them in that order. I learn from doing. I charge off and do stuff, and then stop to learn from what happened. When I get stuck I know it's time to move, then the learnings will happen.

Someone recently told me "you don't get through a maze by standing there thinking - you have to move".

I think building a network is important, but I don't consciously "network". It just happens because I like talking and helping people. One of the best things I did when I joined this forum is to PM to say thanks to every single person who sent me rep or followed me.

Probably the best thing I did was give away a load of knowledge for free, and with no expectation of a return.

So I'm in two minds about "networking" as something we do religiously. I'd rather have "helping people" as something to do religiously, and it will have the same if not better an effect.

I'd have to add "Persistence" in there, and "Self-belief" - so you are happy forging your own path.

EDIT: I think some of the pushback from the forum might be from the headline? Entrepreneur types hate to be told what they MUST do. I know I'm a contrarian MOFO so would normally avoid a subject line like that. It's also following that click-baity formula. For this audience, it will likely get heckles up immediately. For the less experienced in copywriting and sales it might not. Something to consider.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I think you aren't getting serious responses because many entrepreneurs here don't believe your premise.

1. Networking
2. Creating
3. Learning

I don't have networking in my top 10.

I rarely give out rep. It's just how I am. However, you get my rep for the year @biophase .

But I'm so glad you said this because honestly I have ALWAYS felt like this for years and wouldn't say it because so many people spout it out and believe it that it just causes issues when I do mention it.

Yes! Networking isn't even in my top 20 and it never ever ever has been.

As an INTJ ( not that this matters, Im just shy OK ), I freaking hate talking to people or being in a "team" or "group" setting. I'd rather sit alone and chug away at what I'm doing, cash out, and call it a day than have to "network".

I've done MOST ( but not all ) things entirely by myself and on my own and I've lived a very good life as such.

Like @MJ DeMarco said... maybe I could have made 1000x more if I did network. I don't really know though. Every time I did network I either got 0 out of it, or loss something.

I've lived by, if you want something done right.. you do it yourself. No room to network in my life based on that.

Last edited:

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I rarely give out rep. It's just how I am. However, you get my rep for the year @biophase .

But I'm so glad you said this because honestly I have ALWAYS felt like this for years and wouldn't say it because so many people spout it out and believe it that it just causes issues when I do mention it.

As an INTJ ( not that this matters, Im just shy OK ), I freaking hate talking to people or being in a "team" or "group" setting. I'd rather sit alone and chug away at what I'm doing, cash out, and call it a day than have to "network".

I've done MOST ( but not all ) things entirely by myself and on my own and I've lived a very good life as such.

Like @MJ DeMarco said... maybe I could have made 1000x more if I did network. I don't really know though. Every time I did network I either got 0 out of it, or loss something.

I've lived by, if you want something done right.. you do it yourself. No room to network in my life based on that.
This is a very refreshing viewpoint on entrepreneurship. Every

This is very valuable insight. I'm starting a new thread on this topic right now. Hope to see you there!

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
I’d replace ‘Networking’ with ‘Adding Value.' When I hear the term Networking, I just imagine those guys running around conferences handing out their business card without much thought.

The basis of networking is building relationships. To build relationships or create new ties you need to give value to the other person. The concept is discussed in Adam Grant’s book ‘Give & Take,' where he explores Adam Rifkin’s amazing network and the pay it forward, no strings attached principle he lives by in regards to giving value to others.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by spending time ‘Networking’ every day. It’s a broad term. However, practicing ‘adding value’ to other people’s business or life every day is a good habit to form. Finding someone each day that you can help, for no benefit of your own, will eventually result in a network being built.

Here is an example that is relevant to TFF. @SinisterLex mentions in one of his Raw Review videos that somebody sent him an email pointing out a few grammatical errors on his copywriting site. This person provided value to Lex. Lex also says that he has never forgotten that person and would contact them if he ever needed their editing services.

It’s also an introvert-friendly approach to networking. A lot of people who credited Rifkin’s help for their success, or who ended up helping him later, were people he had never met in person.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’d replace ‘Networking’ with ‘Adding Value.' When I hear the term Networking, I just imagine those guys running around conferences handing out their business card without much thought.

The basis of networking is building relationships. To build relationships or create new ties you need to give value to the other person. The concept is discussed in Adam Grant’s book ‘Give & Take,' where he explores Adam Rifkin’s amazing network and the pay it forward, no strings attached principle he lives by in regards to giving value to others.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by spending time ‘Networking’ every day. It’s a broad term. However, practicing ‘adding value’ to other people’s business or life every day is a good habit to form. Finding someone each day that you can help, for no benefit of your own, will eventually result in a network being built.

Here is an example that is relevant to TFF. @SinisterLex mentions in one of his Raw Review videos that somebody sent him an email pointing out a few grammatical errors on his copywriting site. This person provided value to Lex. Lex also says that he has never forgotten that person and would contact them if he ever needed their editing services.

It’s also an introvert-friendly approach to networking. A lot of people who credited Rifkin’s help for their success, or who ended up helping him later, were people he had never met in person.
Exactly.

Focus on helping people and your "network" will grow automatically.

I don't "network" and don't even like the word.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
I rarely give out rep. It's just how I am.

I can help you with your problem for just $999/month, no sign up fee [but only if you act now].

I'll even include my infamous "Top 3 Things You MUST Do Every Day (Or You WILL Fail)" to help you succeed. It's a no bull, no explanation method to the madness we call the "Hustle" in my dojo.

HINT: There's no networking needed, just a social account at every social network you can think of, as long as it has a live feed!

Here's what other people have to say about my slam dunk course:

"Cut out the people who don't matter and just focus on your own goals!" -- Ronald Stump, Entrepreneur

"When I decided to stop everything I was doing to read the RIGHT books, my income quintupled from $1/week to $5 overnight! All I had to do was 1 simple trick." -- Tie "Loves" Pez, CEO

"My efficiency was improved by light years! I did in 12 parsecs what used to take me 13!" -- Hanz Olo, Sweden
Look, if you've made it this far, you must be serious, and so am I.

So, as a gesture of good faith and to show my appreciation of the time you've already spent, use coupon "SoSAXY" using this link, and I'll include my "Top 10 Ways To BURN Through Your Workday" video series (typically EXCLUSIVE to my subscribers).

Look, I don't want you to tell anyone about this offer. It's too good, and I already know I'm going to have to limit it.

I have to go real fast (the Ferrari won't drive itself), but get it done.

You won't regret it 10 minutes later.

Here's that link one more time.

And, remember, as I always say...
"Sand people always ride in single file line to hide their numbers."​

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content