The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

25 Y/O -Net Worth, Liberal Arts Grad

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
Hey everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself.

I grew up outside NYC and like most, was fed the "go to college" koolaid and was too dumb and young to think for myself and ask why. I also never really considered the ramifications of "financial aid" (student loans) - hence the title of this thread (~$33k student debt for an "international affairs (politics)" degree). Good thing we never learned about things like debt, loans, interest, etc. in school ;)

During college, I did intern at one of those NGO type organizations and also after college, I interned on a political campaign. With regards to the prior, it was pretty dumb - basically asking people for money (grants) to promote the culture of some extremely obscure country that I didn't give a shit about. With regards to the latter, I realized that politics is a dirty game and that

I worked in a variety of random jobs, never really sticking to anything - SaaS sales, supply chain, real estate sales, teaching English overseas, Microsoft Excel monkey, etc.

All the while, from ~beginning of college to ~end of 2015, I was pretty obsessed with the whole "picking up girls" thing, as I had always been pretty clueless in that area growing up. While I spent a significant amount of time figuring that out, I'm glad I figured it out (obviously I still like girls but I know I have to figure out the "money" part of my life) because I never would have been remotely sane or normal without doing so and because it led me to the whole "making money online" world...

Which of course started with mostly BS stuff like reading 4 Hour Work Week, writing articles for a "revenue-sharing" site (I think the model was they split Adsense revenue with you haha), starting a blog, trying to get into Amazon FBA (but never actually following through), and maybe some other stuff. To my knowledge, all of this led to me making about $50 total (granted I never stuck to anything).

Fast forward to mid-August of this year, I saw some post somewhere about some guy making money on Fiverr and decided to do something similar - freelance online. I set a modest goal of breaking $500/month, which I did last month (~$600). This was honestly with very little effort. Now, I am living in Latin America and burning through savings.

Of course, we can't talk about 2017 without mentioning bitcoin/cryptocurrency - I made some money from that, too (also lost a bit - should've put it all into bitcoin).

In total, I've made about $5,000 in 2017 from non-9-5, Internet-related stuff like cryptocurrency, freelancing, blog (Amazon Affiliate program), etc (might be slightly off because I'm not sure if I'm calculating cryptocurrency profits correctly).

While freelancing, I started to read Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane , the latter of which was recommended to me by many people as "the best business book" and so on. I began to realize that it would be in my best interest to have my own business where I am in control and probably get paid more.

I don't consider myself a natural-born hustler by any means and am definitely more of a thinker than a doer. But it's this or nothing.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too long and I look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully being able to give back in a meaningful way when I make it.

DannyD

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Welcome. Hope you stick around. Any idea about what Fastlane system you are going to shoot for? BTW, if I may ask, what Fiverr gig were you doing?

DannyD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
Welcome. Hope you stick around. Any idea about what Fastlane system you are going to shoot for? BTW, if I may ask, what Fiverr gig were you doing?

Thank you

Will be selling a physical product

Actually with the freelancing, I did a few jobs on Fiverr then eventually got most of my work through Upwork, which from my limited experience, seems to be the most legit freelancing site.

I was just writing (not even copywriting)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...