The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

24 Years old: QUIT six-figure Job, Launched two Businesses

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
WTF? I can't make this GOLD it's already GOLD! You trying to get me to create a "PLATINUM" tag? Congrats on the growth and the new trinket! Measured rewards!

Thank you so much, my friend! Please add "receive PLATINUM thread tag" to my goal list for 2019 :smile::hilarious:

@G_Alexander I am so impressed by your progress! You are huge inspiration for me. I am pretty sure you will make even more sales than you expect. Enjoy your journey and keep it going!
Thank you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
This thread is insane.. When you started you were my age and feels like you were way ahead of me. Definitely motivating to see someone that's my age get to where you are in only four years. Going to keep grinding and hopefully see myself in your spot in four years from now!

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Personally:
This February (2018) I got anxiety pretty bad (about a month after I got my Lambo). It lasted well into August. I just grew too fast and hadn't paid attention to my emotions since the time I was 18 (so about 10 years). I guess I was having trouble coming to terms with my success too... which sounds silly - but it isn't. You lose friends (that you've outgrown), you realize success is not a destination, but a journey (which is preached all the time). And I guess for me I just always felt like life would be/feel a bit different once I had "arrived". It doesn't.

This is very interesting;
Would love to hear more about the process you took to change mentally.

For me, @eliquid's alignment thread and the Self Authoring Program helped make sense of life; figuring out why I'm here and coming to terms with past events.

The results were amazing.

What did this process look like? Therapy? Working less? Reading more?

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018
hi @G_Alexander amazing thread, i have learned so much here, thank you!

one question i had was regarding you coding your site - was that from scratch or in addition to an out of the box type thing like shopify or yola or such? i wondered because i have an IT background, but in addition to HTML & CSS there is a lot of backend work to be done, making sure the code is not easily sniffed for CCs for example, making sure SSL is set up correctly, having your products in a database, a nice page layout...etc..im motivated but wondering if it is worth spending time on coding a site vs. OOB...(out of box)

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
hi @G_Alexander amazing thread, i have learned so much here, thank you!

one question i had was regarding you coding your site - was that from scratch or in addition to an out of the box type thing like shopify or yola or such? i wondered because i have an IT background, but in addition to HTML & CSS there is a lot of backend work to be done, making sure the code is not easily sniffed for CCs for example, making sure SSL is set up correctly, having your products in a database, a nice page layout...etc..im motivated but wondering if it is worth spending time on coding a site vs. OOB...(out of box)

He stated earlier he uses bigcommerce. So you'll have to know some css and html still but it's not as intensive as building it from scratch.

Art@AssetProfit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 14, 2018
Great Choice to Have!
What a great story and discipline. At this point I would be seeking Mastermind Groups with people on your level and even more advanced. Also you have a New Income Stream...putting your experience into a book or course even recurring membership.

Art

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
@G_Alexander so happy to hear you are doing so good!

I think this thread is a great example which shows that financial success has very much to do with the right mindset and work ethic.
I am actually not surprised at all that Alex has been this successful after reading the first post in this thread.
Two things that stand out to me:
1. How many people have the work ethic to work in investment banking and on a side biz at night at the same time? I don't know but not a lot.
2. The way he described how he learned about ecommerce. He didn't first take 1004 courses and read 115 books on the subject before taking action, and he wasn't expecting anyone to spoonfeed him every ounce of relevant knowledge.

That aside @G_Alexander is obviously also very smart, educated and has been starting businesses since he was 13 years old. He also has been a forum member since 10 years!

I also find it incredible that you are building multiple income streams at the same time. It's hard enough to focus on ONE idea and make it work but you are executing multiple projects with very much success.
I am just wondering how you split up your time to give every project the right amount of time. Do you work on the different project on separate days as an example (like the founder of Twitter does) or how do you make this work?

If you can keep up these growth rates the compounding effect will be crazy the coming years. :cool: :moneybag:

I would love to have Alex do an AMA. ;):thumbsup:

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Hey @G_Alexander do you know why google keywords would show no information at all for 5 similar keywords? I know for a fact people are looking for this item and it shouldn't be something that shouldn't be able to be advertised... Seemed like a good niche as it hit what you said with the top three sites look like they're in the 90s.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Really awesome journey.

Now I am 24 and struggling with beliving in myself that I can achive something like that.

Also I wonder if something like that is possbile to make in small country in Europe where population is about 30 million and there are not many manofacturers.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
$5M a year is just insane for a small niche store! Congrats man! I need to learn from you now!

Thank you my friend! You were the first trailblazer here - and definitely have been a Mr. Miyagi for the entire forum! Can't wait to grab lunch here or by you next so we can catch up again =)

@G_AlexanderI also find it incredible that you are building multiple income streams at the same time. It's hard enough to focus on ONE idea and make it work but you are executing multiple projects with very much success.
I am just wondering how you split up your time to give every project the right amount of time. Do you work on the different project on separate days as an example (like the founder of Twitter does) or how do you make this work?

If you can keep up these growth rates the compounding effect will be crazy the coming years. :cool: :moneybag:

I would love to have Alex do an AMA. ;):thumbsup:
Thanks! @MakeItHappen

I started off by alternating days:
  • Monday and Wednesday = Brick and Mortar Biz
  • Tuesday and Thursday = Online biz
  • Friday and Sat = Flex day for either biz, tie up loose ends for the week
  • Sunday = Off
When deals are actively occuring in the brick and mortar (new acquisitions), I would say it ends up being 1 day a week for the online biz and 4-5 for the B&M.

These days, I follow this same schedule loosely, but I don't work Saturday or Sunday really... I also don't work on whatever days I don't feel like it or have errands to run, or just want to go drive my car and visit friends =)

Hey @G_Alexander do you know why google keywords would show no information at all for 5 similar keywords? I know for a fact people are looking for this item and it shouldn't be something that shouldn't be able to be advertised... Seemed like a good niche as it hit what you said with the top three sites look like they're in the 90s.
@Castillo
You are likely using the new Keyword tool from Google. Search for the "Old Keyword Planner" or "Standalone Keyword Planner" from Adwords. I always keep one open and have it bookmarked.

The new planner just lumps keywords together and isn't as accurate.

Also, look to subscribe to something like SEMrush ($99 a month). They have TONS of keyword tools.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
This thread is insane, congrats Alex.

I am especially surprised that you have been able to overcome the great competitor that is Amazon. I see it as someone with whom it is impossible to compete, although this thought is perhaps what makes an opportunity in e-commerce.

What do you think?

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
What's better to use? Well known sites as Amazon and Shopify or create your own online shop and sell your stuff on there?

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jan 3, 2019
What's better to use? Well known sites as Amazon and Shopify or create your own online shop and sell your stuff on there?
As MJ says the important is not the idea, is the execution. Amazon is a huge competitor, but if you get 0.1% of customers buying on your website you will have a excellent business.

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I think I found a niche which is close to my hobby as well.
I've been searching for manufacturers in my country but I'm not able to find them.

Just on Alibaba/Aliexpress with an atleast minimum of 1000x of the product. I don't have the money nor storage space for that... how should I proceed from here?

Last edited:

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
@G_Alexander just read this thread... Wow & Congrats! You killed it through persistent effort.

I had a question for you / others in the e-com space. When you launch a new product and it doesn't have any reviews yet do you have any strategies to increase trust in the product & get initial reviews?

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Incredible story. Congratulations on all your past, present and future success @G_Alexander. Thank you for taking the time to share so much valuable information.

I imagine your a little busy right now choking out all your goals ;)

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Q3 2019 is about to end. Any updates on the business?

Any examples on what you did to the store that helped with ranking to #1? I ask because we have been putting out content but still at #44 listing on our main keyword with 90,000 organic searches.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Bump. Great thread.

Lots of lessons of follow through and action taking.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Bump for a great thread.

I hope @G_Alexander your businesses are doing fine despite Corona.

@MakeItHappen thanks my friend.

Between continued hardcore SEO efforts, COVID online shopping increases, and growth in my industry... my online shop did $13,900,000+ in sales last year and is currently growing at a large clip again this year. 10 full time employees now, along with 7 full time VA's overseas. Competition in my industry has stepped up, but I am diligently working all the time to keep ahead with good quality content (that, and having a 7-year organic headstart sure helps).

The Brick & Mortar business did approx $4,600,000 last year, and EBITDA % increased a good amount as well... but we did experience a month of mandated shutdowns at our Michigan locations, along with 2.5 weeks in Illinois. We have 3 new locations in process right now, with two to open this year.

Been INSANELY busy (and that's putting it lightly)… and just trying to allocate my time each week to each company properly, while launching other passion projects as well.

Every once in awhile I get notification email from this forum, so I gotta pop back and say hey =)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Between continued hardcore SEO efforts, COVID online shopping increases, and growth in my industry... my online shop did $13,900,000+ in sales last year and is currently growing at a large clip again this year. 10 full time employees now, along with 7 full time VA's overseas. Competition in my industry has stepped up, but I am diligently working all the time to keep ahead with good quality content (that, and having a 7-year organic headstart sure helps).

The Brick & Mortar business did approx $4,600,000 last year, and EBITDA % increased a good amount as well... but we did experience a month of mandated shutdowns at our Michigan locations, along with 2.5 weeks in Illinois. We have 3 new locations in process right now, with two to open this year.

Been INSANELY busy (and that's putting it lightly)… and just trying to allocate my time each week to each company properly, while launching other passion projects as well.

Every once in awhile I get notification email from this forum, so I gotta pop back and say hey =)

Well done man - massive achievement there.

So cool to see this progress, you put in the big hours up front and paid off massively.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
So happy to hear that you keep killing it!
Just make sure you have enough leisure time to enjoy your success. ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Damn Damn Damn! Awesome job man, how's married life?

jpcoder

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 20, 2020
Arkansas
@G_Alexander do you think you could start a drop shipping e-commerce site in a new niche today and be as successful or do you think it would be harder to start from scratch now?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.