The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 yo male - dissapointed with myself and my life

Garbera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
Jan 31, 2017
UK
Hello everyone

23yo , immigrant from Poland, currently living in the UK , moved in 2 years ago

My interests include bodybuilding ,boxing and reading books

Have some savings from when I lucked out on crypto boom

Despite my age I lack any marketable skills and would call myself economic loser (currently working low tier 9-5 job with very limited ability to progress) , dont have a degree or any actual "hard qualifications " either.
No assets and no land/property either - I came to uk with 400 pounds

In the past two years I was selling supplements online but didnt manage to scale this operation which is dead now since a bigger company started to sell same supplements for lower price and just couldnt compete

Also tried my luck with shopify dropshipping creating niche stores but never made more than I actually spent on the ads

Did some phone/electronic flippings off gumtree and still ocassionally do it but never made much from it

I wouldnt say these 2 years were completly wasted because I learned to speak / write english very good ,met some cool people and changed physically/mentally for the better but economically I just didnt make much progress which really weights down on me since time is flying really fast and nobody is going to save me but myself.

Probably it's unhealthy but as a man much of my self esteem is tied to my social rank and earning potential , current situation causes me a lot of pain and anxiety that's why I need to fix it

Goal for now is learn a marketable skill (ppc) , find employment with it in an agency ,learn even more and then try to go on my own.

I actually tried to do it a couple months ago, learned the basics but after nobody paid any attention to my emails/CVs I kinda gave up which obviously I regret doing but just felt it's going nowhere.

Even got rejected for apprenticeship that paid close to nothing , 4 pounds per hour - really stung a bit

Sorry for a wall of text , wish all of you a great day

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Welcome to the forum! Although you sound frustrated with yourself, almost your entire post could be rewritten as a story of serious accomplishment:

- moved to a completely new country and culture and learned a new language
- had success investing in crypto
- etc.

Be mindful of the story you tell yourself! Tell yourself a story that actually helps you and leads you to further success.

You say that your self esteem is tied to your earning potential? Ok. Your earning potential is $10 billion. Now go kick some a**.

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
Despite my age I lack any marketable skills and would call myself economic loser (currently working low tier 9-5 job with very limited ability to progress) , dont have a degree or any actual "hard qualifications " either.
You tried supplement business, drop-shipping and gumtree and have no marketable skills...? Either you're too hard on yourself, or you were doing these things in the same false way most people do: trying their luck without even trying to learn how to do the business properly.

In the past two years I was selling supplements online but didnt manage to scale this operation which is dead now since a bigger company started to sell same supplements for lower price and just couldnt compete

Also tried my luck with shopify dropshipping creating niche stores but never made more than I actually spent on the ads

Did some phone/electronic flippings off gumtree and still ocassionally do it but never made much from it
By the way, all three businesses sound like you were doing them for the money and not to create value for a market. If this is the case, you need to change your mindset. To avoid too much arguing back and forth: Most of the things you buy have a specific value to you. In the same way, other people give their money only for things that they believe they will bring them value. And if they don't, they'll try to get their money back or they'll never buy from you again. You can make money, as long as you don't chase without actually trying to produce value.

Probably it's unhealthy but as a man much of my self esteem is tied to my social rank and earning potential , current situation causes me a lot of pain and anxiety that's why I need to fix it
This is a typical BS story men tell ourselves and it's dead wrong. Even when you make money, you will still have a need to increase your social rank and earning potential... There is no end to this, because there is always someone else that earns more or has a greater status. As long as you come from a place of "I need to fix this and I need to fix it quick", you will keep trying your luck with businesses without any integrity. You need to stop evaluating yourself with other people's standards and measures. Decide what is valuable for you and do sth about it. If you evaluate yourself with your standards, you have the control. If you evaluate yourself with other people's standards, it's all out of your control and you an ever-ending battle you cannot win.

Goal for now is learn a marketable skill (ppc) , find employment with it in an agency ,learn even more and then try to go on my own.
Your text gives the impression that you're dealing with things alone. This is a recipe for disaster. No one achieved anything alone. Find people you look up to and help them or work for free for them or simply invite them for a dinner or whatever. There are numerous ways to give value to a mentor. Don't continue doing this alone, it will take you too much time

D

Deleted50669

Despite your circumstances, do not overcomplicate your next steps. Find a problem you can solve, solve it better than it's being solved, start making real progress.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum! While it may feel like success is far away, at least you're in motion and plugging away at it. That's 80% of the battle.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum heretolearn.

How long have you been going at the gym and boxing for ? Ever thought about coaching people ? I know there's a lot of people that struggle with having the motivation to go to the gym (me included).

You could remind people to get to the gym with you, prepare their training schedule, workout routines, teach them about workout diets and supplements, etc.

You do that for them, for their health and person. If you really take care about them, they'll throw money at you in no time. Trainers often become friends with their trainee, making networking easier in your area !

Fassina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 13, 2018
Brazil
I'm in a similar situation, going to be 22 friday. Pretty much thing except I'm from brazil and have a family business to fall back on as a plan b for at least a couple years.

Most of my businesses so far have failed because I didn't know about CENTS, and got into some stuff without proper market research.

But hey you have a pretty big advantage there with polish as a first language, you can dropship in poland easily. It doesn't have as much Scale potential but you could get a comfortable cashflow business based on it.

You could check out on adminer the facebook ads that are making the most money in the uk for dropshippers and emulate them in poland, same market, cheaper ads and less competition.

Good luck man ;P

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...