The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 Year old, grew up abused, struggling. Please help with some ideas? :(

Idea threads

Noxious

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2019
I'm currently 23 years old. Long story short, I'm f*cked up as of right now, suffering from general anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I dropped out of HS years ago because I was heavily abused by my father during my childhood. School teachers started abusing me, telling the class I'm always sleeping (because my dad would beat me all night) That I use drugs, and it became a negative environment and even after seeking help, I had to step away, leaving me with no choices. Parents divorced years ago, and I am SOMEWHAT better now. My only problem is I don't know what I want to do. I've been looking into programming/hacking whenever I'm not working. I currently work as a Mechanic, and I'm scared this is all I'm good for. I want to work from home, or at least land an office job. I want to change my life, go from living a shitty one, to living a fun and manageable. I was born to live the free life. Not be stuck paying debt, and being down because I suffer from something that wasn't even my fault. It sure feels like the world is against me, and I can't do anything. I'm F*cking 23 with a dead end job. I'm not asking for your secret methods, but any advice to kick start my dreams? I don't have many skills, besides Gaming, SOME programming, and basic basic hacking skills. I'm 100% familiar with Windows, everything about Windows, and computers/components.

What can I do? What should I look into? Could you guys please help point me in the right direction? I don't mind learning anything. Some more info, I've been looking into investing $500-1k into a drop shipping business. I'm not expecting to become rich over night, but I'd love to work towards something.
Say I do find something. Maybe continue learning programming. What could I do to make starting $? Again not after millions off the bat, but I'd love to start generating some coin to live on. Not sure when that'll happen, or what level of programming you'd need a minimum in. I make $2k every month from work. I have 0 bills and I don't mind investing all of that money into ideas and possible businesses.

Also I'm not seeking pity for what I've been through, it is what it is, and I can only get passed it now.

On the real Entrepreneur side, I do have a handful of good ideas if that would be anything for me.

My interests are:
Tech
Computers
Building computers
Programming
Hacking
Pretty much ANYTHING computer/tech related.

I am VERY tired of living at home at 23, my mom struggles paying the bills, and I have a horrible paying job. My true goal is to give back to my mom what she gave to me, life. I want to be able to buy her a nice house, gifts etc. I want to be the father who can provide for my children some time in the future.

I just want to thank all of you, even if you don't reply and just read it. Thank you so much for helping me figure out my life, and what path is right for me.
SORRY THIS IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Was just jotting down ideas. Thank you!~

Also, in NO WAY am I asking anyone to feed me their secret ideas/methods. NO way do I expect that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AshrafI

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 6, 2018
Birmingham, Not Alabama

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I'll check into them right now! Any titles to check out?
When you registered in this forum, you received a private message, the first thing you should do after you're done reading the books is actually read the message.

Noxious

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2019
When you registered in this forum, you received a private message, the first thing you should do after you're done reading the books is actually read the message.
Truth :\
Edit: Honestly I ignored it because I always assume all ebooks are just scams to make profit, but I was wrong about this one :)

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The secret to earning money is not getting what you want, but providing what other people want. The TMF book will help you optimize your returns while you provide for others.

G

Guest34764

There's proof enough if people are active on here :) Thanks for putting it that way!

Writing this post before I go work till 1 a.m. to go make money to invest in my future, a lot of people here have been hurt, abused and damaged.

I have not had a great past either and yet those memories are thrown in the very back of my mind.

I discard them.

They don't define you, so don't let them and keep your head held up high because the only thing you have to look forward to is your future. Look towards that paradise beyond the tunnel and run to it.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Starting with reading books is actually a core. Then you can go to reading gold/notable threads.

You have a lot of "golden nuggets" here. Also lot of AdWords threads, ecommerce, digital agencies and so on...

If you have your own idea, you can always create a execution thread where you can share basic info and get some help from other users.

Anyway good luck.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm currently 23 years old. Long story short, I'm f*cked up as of right now, suffering from general anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I dropped out of HS years ago because I was heavily abused by my father during my childhood. School teachers started abusing me, telling the class I'm always sleeping (because my dad would beat me all night) That I use drugs, and it became a negative environment and even after seeking help, I had to step away, leaving me with no choices. Parents divorced years ago, and I am SOMEWHAT better now. My only problem is I don't know what I want to do. I've been looking into programming/hacking whenever I'm not working. I currently work as a Mechanic, and I'm scared this is all I'm good for. I want to work from home, or at least land an office job. I want to change my life, go from living a shitty one, to living a fun and manageable. I was born to live the free life. Not be stuck paying debt, and being down because I suffer from something that wasn't even my fault. It sure feels like the world is against me, and I can't do anything. I'm F*cking 23 with a dead end job. I'm not asking for your secret methods, but any advice to kick start my dreams? I don't have many skills, besides Gaming, SOME programming, and basic basic hacking skills. I'm 100% familiar with Windows, everything about Windows, and computers/components.

What can I do? What should I look into? Could you guys please help point me in the right direction? I don't mind learning anything. Some more info, I've been looking into investing $500-1k into a drop shipping business. I'm not expecting to become rich over night, but I'd love to work towards something.
Say I do find something. Maybe continue learning programming. What could I do to make starting $? Again not after millions off the bat, but I'd love to start generating some coin to live on. Not sure when that'll happen, or what level of programming you'd need a minimum in. I make $2k every month from work. I have 0 bills and I don't mind investing all of that money into ideas and possible businesses.

Also I'm not seeking pity for what I've been through, it is what it is, and I can only get passed it now.

On the real Entrepreneur side, I do have a handful of good ideas if that would be anything for me.

My interests are:
Tech
Computers
Building computers
Programming
Hacking
Pretty much ANYTHING computer/tech related.

I am VERY tired of living at home at 23, my mom struggles paying the bills, and I have a horrible paying job. My true goal is to give back to my mom what she gave to me, life. I want to be able to buy her a nice house, gifts etc. I want to be the father who can provide for my children some time in the future.

I just want to thank all of you, even if you don't reply and just read it. Thank you so much for helping me figure out my life, and what path is right for me.
SORRY THIS IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Was just jotting down ideas. Thank you!~

Also, in NO WAY am I asking anyone to feed me their secret ideas/methods. NO way do I expect that.

You really do need to shed the past. You are 5 years an adult. What your dad did or didn't do is over now and has been for sometime... Though an upbringing like this is crap and not something you should have ever had to go through, you absolutely MUST move forward from that and stop blaming it for your problems.

YOU are in control. YOU decide whether you are worthy of starting a business. YOU decide whether you are successful or not. Not your dad. Not your upbringing. You MUST see the world through this kind of lens to make it in business.

Get the books as soon as possible and start looking forward instead of backwards. It does you no favors to dwell on this.

I wish you the absolute best and hope you absolutely kill it. Drop shipping with $500-1000 is barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Truth :\
Edit: Honestly I ignored it because I always assume all ebooks are just scams to make profit, but I was wrong about this one :)

Also, after reading this... You need to NOT equate profits and scams.

Profits are good for the world and virtuous to seek if you are exchanging value for them. Entities that don't exchange value for profits can pretty much be summed up as government, organized crime, robbery or theft.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
You said, your goal is to give back to your mom. Here is something you need to understand and always remember. It's something LOTS of people just can't get through their heads..... YOU need a foundation BEFORE you can give back to your mom. Your mom gave you those things because she wanted you to succeed. So, your first goal in giving back to her is to succeed. After you succeed, you can give back to her in other ways.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Learn some copywriting and marketing. Start with some freelancing and pick up more skills, insights, and cash along the way. From here, you can then decide to go another route.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The best thing you can do right now is think about just how awful your life seems and document it. Keep it somewhere so you'll have it someday.

Then imagine turning it all around and becoming a totally different person. Someone who can hop up on a stage in front of thousands, someone who has no insecurities and is happy with who they are. Someone who has a business that produces enough money for you to not only help yourself, but help your mom and maybe even help the world.

Imagine what kind of joy you would feel to look back in 10 years and know that you made it all happen for yourself. Imagine how strong you would feel to beat all of the things you're going through now and everything you went through and still managed to turn it into a massive success. You've got something that no rich, comfortable young guy has. You've got a reason to fight. You've got hunger. You know what dirt tastes like. It'll make the steak and caviar taste so much better.

Your past is an asset.

The next thing you should do is, in spite of all the negativity, be thankful. Above all else, you're alive. You didn't do anything to deserve life. You didn't work to get it. It was just given to you. It's a gift. The average person only thinks "what can the world do for me?". The world doesn't owe you shit. The glass isn't half empty or half full. It's a free glass so just say thank you and fill the rest up yourself. Never feel self pity. Never feel bad for yourself and never let anyone feel bad for you either. You are already lucky. The universe loves you. It gave you life.

The next thing you should do is realize everything takes time and you will make mistakes. Do you have the audacity to maintain big dreams when you've failed 8 times, have -$200 in your bank account, and nobody thinks you're good enough to be anything besides average? Do you have the audacity to not listen to a single person's opinion for years and years and still believe you're right deep down inside?

Nobody is special. You are just as qualified as anyone to do anything. There are no degrees, certifications, letters of approval or pats on the back in the game of entrepreneurship. All we have are results. Are you enough of a rebel to do the things others won't do? Do you have the nuts to sell something you haven't even made yet, hoping that you'll be able to figure it out and eventually deliver? Are you willing to jump before knowing how to fly?

Are you willing to be so audacious and confident to do all of these things, but still leave your ego at the door and realize nobody cares about you? Do you have the emotional intelligence to put yourself in someone else's shoes and know how to deliver value to someone in a way they didn't even realize they wanted in the first place?

There's nothing wrong with living at home. That's an asset. You have less expenses. That means more of your time can be allocated towards building a business. You can spend 90% of your time learning and building something that will create wealth for you in your future, and 10% of your time getting some cash to pay your phone bill. Don't spend money on dumb stuff. Don't get a girlfriend. Don't have a kid. Don't get a nice car. Sell the PS4. Give up the hobbies for now. You're on a mission.

Next, you need to start a business.

You think you should get into a tech-business...I think you should use your tech skills for a different type of business. You say you're a mechanic. You'd likely make more money being a self employed mechanic who uses his computer skills to manage his business effectively. It's about satisfying needs. What value are you providing by drop-shipping? All you're doing is reselling things at a higher price. Do you think there's any margins in doing that nowadays when anyone can just hop on amazon and choose between tons of competing products that are all aggressively priced? It makes no sense. You provide so much more value by fixing someone's car and if you can find a niche that allows you to charge more money and be more efficient, you can make a lot of money. I have a Datsun 280z. There's a guy that works on those cars only and he's well known for it. Guess who I'm going to reach out to when I need help with working on it? That guy.

Find a way to do something people value. Work your a$$ off for a long time until it gets going and you can maintain it. Then, move out and grow your business more. Build yourself a money printing machine and use it to have a great life years from now. Simple. But you have to drop all the baggage. Nobody cares about you. You need to care about others. You need to give before you take. You need to say "How can I help?" before you ask "How can you help me?".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.