The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

22 year old from Canada

theOfficialRJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 31, 2017
Canada
Happy new year! I am a 22 year old from Canada. My current income source is my career in the army and I spend almost all my "free" time trying to realize my dream of becoming financially successful.

A few hours ago, I stumbled upon this forum while Google searching for Tai Lopez's credibility. I read the 3 free chapters of TMF and I was instantly hooked! Immediately, I downloaded a kindle copy of the book and now I'm about half way through it.

I realize what this looks like given the timing of this post, but I assure you that I'm not a "resolutioner".

I have dedicated the last 2 years of my life trying to build wealth. While I haven't had much financial success yet, I have learned a LOT! I feel like this already puts me miles ahead of my peers, most of who are busy paying off student loans and/or being sidewalkers/slow-laners. I spent the early part of my journey being a slow-laner until I realized (without even reading TMF ) that I wanted to be wealthy NOW and not in 50 years. I began searching for ways others had achieved freedom, and I discovered that it was either through a talent, through inheritance or through building a successful business. The next six months were spent trying to build my businesses. I tried importing and reselling cheap Chinese junk on Amazon, I tried printing and selling T-shirts, I tried 3D printing stuff and selling it. All of these businesses failed to bring my any profits, but I never invested any more than $500 in any of these. $500 is way less than what my friends paid for a semester of university and I learned a lot more. And the best part is - I'm not even paying off any student loans! I currently have another variation of the 3D printing business and it's been far more profitable this time. After reading part of TMF, I realized that it doesn't quite fit the 5 commandments described in the book so I will need to adjust the business model a bit. But overall I'm just happy that I learned from my previous mistakes, applied what I learned and actually saw results from it!

Through this forum I hope to meet like minded individuals (who I can't seem to find in real life. You guys are unicorns) who will guide me in my journey to financial freedom. I also hope to give back in any way that I can! Thank you for reading!

Oh, and the welcome message said to tag him in my intro thread so - @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...