The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Odyssey - Finding Meaning And Achieving Financial Freedom

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
How many clients you have right now?

If none, then there is something wrong in your process.

Try doing Diesel and coffee described by Andy Black. While I was starting I did that and got couple of clients in a month.

Game starts when you start delivering.

0 and I agree.

Thought I've been getting a lot of replies back, so I think I got cold emailing figured. I think my prospecting is bad. I've been targeting people who already run ads (but few of them), perhaps I should switch to brands that don't have any ads running (but have a Facebook pixel for example).

I could do that, thanks for the suggestion. However, the clients I can get and prices I can offer here in my country are rather lackluster.. and of course, I know you're from India. But yes, I'll look into this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
Hi, name's Simeon and I'll be documenting my goals, failures and successes in this thread.

I come from a lower class family in Bulgaria where money has always been about survival.

I was born with a dairy allergy and had my first introduction to willpower at the age of 4. I was in kindergarten at the time where naturally kids often ate chocolates, ice cream and other sweet stuff. I couldn't, so I was the outsider kid that got to watch and drool instead. Once one of the nannies force fed me a chocolate because she was of the opinion I wasn't allergic and as soon as I felt the sweet heavenly taste of chocolate goodness I ran to the toilets and spat it out. I didn't want to but I did because I had to.

Being an aggressive, angry-at-the-world kid I was given labels such as "anger issues" and "ADHD". I got into fights every single day as my only friend at the time was constantly bullied by the bigger kids and I wasn't going to allow that. I fought so much at one point I enjoyed the bruises and pain and would actively seek it out. The nannies hated me while the family physician even suggested I was crazy when in fact all my anger came from my parents' divorce and my allergy which I perceived as bad as being disabled at the time.

That anger continued up until high school, though I was a popular kid until that point. I "suddenly" developed Crohn's disease and spent some time in hospitals and had minor surgery. Had an epiphany at the age of 14 and became a completely docile and subdued person compared to before, weak even.

I entered high school sickly, malnourished, short, skinny, anxious and would have panic attacks every day.

As soon as I walked in class for the first time, I sat next to the what became the most wanted girl in school. I fell in love soon after, but as I was seemingly a weak and frail boy, I got rejected and friendzoned. That was the first time I opened a self-help book!

I changed my appearance, my mentality, began working out and doing things that interest me. Became a semi-pro League of Legends player and acquired status. A few years later, at 17, I entered my first serious relationship. It lasted 2 years and was the reason I began my entrepreneurship journey, since I wanted for us to be able to afford anything, live anywhere we wish and for me to escape the toxic environment I lived in.

Long story short she left me
2 years in, even though I was earning big from dropshipping ($30 000 a month) I was devastated, severely depressed and my Crohn's disease resurfaced.

I ended up almost losing my life 3 times. I had emergency surgery where my intestines almost burst and the inflammation was eating me alive. I had a stoma bag attached to my stomach which I had to shit in and clean 5-6 times a day. I went from an athletic looking guy to a late stage anorexic looking frail boy again. You could wrap your fingers around my arms. I couldn't look at myself, I hated myself, I hated life and suffered from a victim mentality. I declined traditional medicine and was told by the best surgeon (and military general) in Bulgaria that I would die.

My reply was "I'll outlive you" and I uncovered some nasty stuff about the most "prestigious" hospital in Bulgaria (the head surgeon was intimidating people with severe chronic diseases like me to take X medicine because the hospital has contracts with big pharma, making them worse in the long run). I teamed up with one of his surgeon crew members who's also very young and we did our detective work. Nothing in the press since people in Bulgaria seemingly tend to disappear or become suicidal out of nowhere.

Then I snapped. I let go of the past, let go of all my anger and decided to work with what I've got. This was my second spiritual epiphany.

2 years later I am now fully healthy, my intestines got reattached and I'm using my a$$ to go the toilet again, I have badass scars, almost 10kg more muscle than what I had before my health issues and my girlfriend is the girl that rejected me 8 years ago (yes, the popular one). We're planning a future together. Am I still depressed? Yes, I have my days, but I've accepted it as part of my personality, along with my trauma, anger issues, ADHD and whatever the F*ck doctors throw at you today.

I allowed myself to have a second chance in life and was humbled by my experiences. And this time I'll focus on doing things the right way with the help of the widsom I've gained.
You are a hero, bro. Do something good out there for others like you. I wish even more success to u.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
You are a hero, bro. Do something good out there for others like you. I wish even more success to u.

Hey, thank you. I don't think I'm a hero since I only saved myself. By others like me do you mean people who have chronic disease? I've been in contact with other people who have this and other chronic diseases, unfortunately most are stubborn in their victim mentality and prefer to not listen to what I have to say. Others, however, have listened to me and I'm doing my best to spread the word.

I wish all the best to you as well!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Big poopy.

Feeling tired and underwhelmed after sending more than 600 emails. 2/3 of that is follow ups. As it stands I've sent all 600 emails manually and they were all personalized and catered to the prospects.

I haven't even gotten so much as a sales call, even though my last 70-80 emails have had a 70% open rate and 5-10% reply rate.

Most replies have been positive but it's always the same thing - how they already have someone running their ads for them and/or they're contracted by a marketing agency.

I'm going to send 50 more the next few days to prospects who have no ads running at all (so far I've focused on brands running 1 to 10 ads) and see what happens. By the way, I've no problem doing this every day for years, it's just tiring not having any tangible results after working my a$$ off for a month.

Anyway..

I joined BGF1 after one of the fastest racers in my country (he was a local F1 prospect) saw potential in me and my driving and referred me to the league. It's an online organization that hosts league racers in numerous racing simulators, and the guys are crazy fast.

I came in super confident and got my a$$ handed to me. However, I've already made friends there and after just a few days of practice I have reached the fast guys' race pace! I'm really happy about that and in this short period of time I joined a team and have an upcoming F1 league race on 13th September which will be streamed and commentated live. I've got so many friends hyped up about it as well who'll be watching me race.

Due to my grotesque financial situation I'm feeling really guilty about spending 2-3 hours per day practicing for this. It's literally all for glory and it's unlikely I'll ever earn money from it, no matter how good I am or get. But love racing and I barely get any joy out of doing anything else.

I'm going to skip going out tonight and send some more emails.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Just booked my first sales call after receiving an enthusiastic reply!

Pretty sure I'm going to F*ck it up some way or another, and it would still be worth it because now I know my process "kinda" works. But if not, then I might have my very first client soon. Woohoo!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Got a sales call set up for an hour from now. I've never used Google Meet before, nor have I ever had a sales call with an American (only Bulgarians until this point).

I'm feeling a bit tense but looking forward to it nontheless!

Morgan77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jan 1, 2020
Got a sales call set up for an hour from now. I've never used Google Meet before, nor have I ever had a sales call with an American (only Bulgarians until this point).

I'm feeling a bit tense but looking forward to it nontheless!
Go kill it:fistbump:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I've been in the Meet call for the past 25 minutes just smiling at the camera with a notepad open where I wrote all my questions and ad strategies that we were going to discuss. Must have had about 5 full imaginary conversations in my head by now.

I sent a reminder 5 minutes in that says I joined and a link for the call in case it didn't show up in their calendar. It's now 30 minutes in. Crickets.

Well.. at least I look pretty tonight.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Update: Prospect wrote back with an "OMG! I am so sorry, we got slammed at the store today.." and we arranged another call for today.

I got my plan all set up (what we're going to talk about) and I'm looking forward to closing my first client today. The interest and rapport is there, it's all up to me now.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
No-show again. Waited for about an hour, knowing full well that my self-worth diminished by the minute.

Obviously since I have 0 clients I can afford to eat shit and after receiving another "Sorry, didn't get the notification" email we've scheduled a third attempt at a meeting (that's right, third).

At this point I'm 99% certain that after meeting and sharing my strategy with her they'll be on board with it. But I never imagined getting to the actual meeting itself would be so difficult for a prospect. Jesus..

I'm still sending emails every day, still getting quite a bit of responses. I've only been doing this for about a month and I knew nothing about email marketing, so even though I'm still waddling in a puddle of shit at least I'm getting meetings now.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I'm still sending emails every day, still getting quite a bit of responses. I've only been doing this for about a month and I knew nothing about email marketing, so even though I'm still waddling in a puddle of shit at least I'm getting meetings now.

what country are you in? (its Bulgaria? or that's just where you were born?)

How is your agency different? , whats the value you add? like you're asking them to jump on a call with you - time=money, why should they do that if they're getting slammed with 200 emails from digital marketing agencies a day?

I'm not here to shit on your dream please don't take this as me wanting a fight its just me being "real" , its good that your tracking email KPI's (and btw for the time it takes you to customize those emails you'd get a lot more done just cold calling people , really, go do the math) - but if it takes you "x hours" to get "y clients" and you don't even know how much you'll profit or how long they'll stay....

here lets try this, pretend I'm a prospect and you have me on Linkedin or email.

hit me with your pitch.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
what country are you in? (its Bulgaria? or that's just where you were born?)

How is your agency different? , whats the value you add? like you're asking them to jump on a call with you - time=money, why should they do that if they're getting slammed with 200 emails from digital marketing agencies a day?

I'm not here to shit on your dream please don't take this as me wanting a fight its just me being "real" , its good that your tracking email KPI's (and btw for the time it takes you to customize those emails you'd get a lot more done just cold calling people , really, go do the math) - but if it takes you "x hours" to get "y clients" and you don't even know how much you'll profit or how long they'll stay....

here lets try this, pretend I'm a prospect and you have me on Linkedin or email.

hit me with your pitch.

Born, raised and living in Bulgaria.

I'm not an agency and nor do I market myself as such. Perhaps my thread title is misleading, but I'll only brand myself as an agency after I have at least a couple of clients.

Being successful at cold emailing and building a digital marketing agency is not a dream of mine, it's something I decided to do to get me closer to my dreams.

I'm not aiming to compete with other agencies, I am just putting myself out there as someone that can help small ecommerce stores become bigger and better.

What do you mean I do not know how much I'll profit? What business expenses do I have apart from my time? Emails are free. The email scraping software I use is free. There's PayPal/currency conversion fees. Apart from that it's all profit for me.

I don't have a pitch and I'm not trying to sell my services to anyone but rather seeking out those that have already flirted with the idea of using said services. I send short, friendly and to the point emails to qualified leads. If it's something that is of interest to them, they will reply back to my CTA and we will arrange a meeting. If it's not something that interests them at this point in time, then they'll get back to me with a "Thanks, we're currently not interested" or just ignore my email altogether.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What do you mean I do not know how much I'll profit? What business expenses do I have apart from my time? Emails are free. The email scraping software I use is free. There's PayPal/currency conversion fees. Apart from that it's all profit for me.

Well, your times not free for one thing. You could be spending it doing literally anything, don't discount that even early on your journey. If it takes 160 hours to get one client and they cancel after a month what then?

So you SHOULD have a pitch though, you should be able to explain what you do and why its of value in 30 seconds at the drop of a hat, what if a prospect gets in an elevator with you? or stands next to you in the line at the market? - you should have a concise way of expressing what you do and why.

yesterday @ 12:51 you stated "But I never imagined getting to the actual meeting itself would be so difficult for a prospect. Jesus.. "

well how will this business ever pay your bills or grow to the size where you can hire others to do the grunt work if you don't have a clean and repeatable way to get to the first phone call?

Thats why I wanted to hear your pitch and listen to what makes you stand out value-wise, because anyone you talk to that has money (business owners) hear from people just like you every day. So if you're having trouble booking the first calls then isn't it logical that we would revue the "system' you have in place for getting those meetings? the message itself may be the problem.

I'm not some pro or guru just trying to help out.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Well, your times not free for one thing. You could be spending it doing literally anything, don't discount that even early on your journey. If it takes 160 hours to get one client and they cancel after a month what then?

So you SHOULD have a pitch though, you should be able to explain what you do and why its of value in 30 seconds at the drop of a hat, what if a prospect gets in an elevator with you? or stands next to you in the line at the market? - you should have a concise way of expressing what you do and why.

yesterday @ 12:51 you stated "But I never imagined getting to the actual meeting itself would be so difficult for a prospect. Jesus.. "

well how will this business ever pay your bills or grow to the size where you can hire others to do the grunt work if you don't have a clean and repeatable way to get to the first phone call?

Thats why I wanted to hear your pitch and listen to what makes you stand out value-wise, because anyone you talk to that has money (business owners) hear from people just like you every day. So if you're having trouble booking the first calls then isn't it logical that we would revue the "system' you have in place for getting those meetings? the message itself may be the problem.

I'm not some pro or guru just trying to help out.

If you would carefully re-read what you quoted me saying you will notice that I am not complaining about the time or effort it took to get to the first call, I am commenting on the fact that this particular prospect missed a simple Google Meet call twice. I actually arranged a third meeting, which I didn't receive a reply for this time, so obviously I am to move on.

I find it awkward and self-esteem lowering to have to explain to business owners what makes me different or how skilled and awesome I am, so I just stick to saying I helped a similar brand or company earn $34K in their first month of running ads, which is what I managed to do with my own store on a very conservative budget. The reason I say "another brand" rather than reference my own store is because that store is long gone due to the choices I took when I was younger and it would open up a box of uncomfortable and, ultimately, unnecessary questions.

I have what I believe is a great "sales pitch" once I actually get on a call with a prospect, since I am confident in the strategies I would use for their stores and have enough experience to estimate how much value it would create for them and am able to explain it to them in a simple way rather than confuse them with terminology they aren't familiar with.

I haven't been to a lot of meetings, but to the few I've gone on so far I've always walked out with an established relationship and some sort of deal. So I don't believe that's my main problem or a problem at all.

And yeah, I agree that my message could probably be better, though I'm more inclined to believe that there are much better methods out there altogether for lead gen. If I were to drop everything and focus on only one aspect that would be lead gen for sure.. I'm fairly confident with the rest of the process.

Ideally I'd have them coming to me but I haven't quite figured that out yet. I used to be considered an expert in a dropshipping Facebook group, now one of the biggest ever and I had people messaging me and offering $2000 for a 1 hour Skype call. I always turned them down.. to this day I still don't understand why.

EDIT: I guess there are two things that make me stand out. I can charge low. Of course that's not an indicator of bringing results or the service being better, but if I were to charge $500 a month per client, I'd have 850BGN from that client. That means that with just 10 clients worth $500 each I'd have a 6 figure business in my country. That's pretty rad for me to think about. For reference, the minimum wage here is 600BGN per month or $360.

The other thing is that I have a certain strategy that I've cultivated for both testing and scaling which I don't often see with other advertisers.

Thanks for reaching out.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
so I just stick to saying I helped a similar brand or company earn $34K in their first month of running ads, which is what I managed to do with my own store on a very conservative budget.
show , don't tell, I like it.
since I am confident in the strategies I would use for their stores and have enough experience to estimate how much value it would create for them and am able to explain it to them in a simple way rather than confuse them with terminology they aren't familiar with.
good.
I can charge low.
don't mention this, you shouldn't charge low either. You should charge the highest price the market will accept (unless you have an upsell once they are already your clients so the lifetime value makes this sensible)
I have a certain strategy that I've cultivated for both testing and scaling which I don't often see with other advertisers.
good, "only factor"

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
show , don't tell, I like it.

good.

don't mention this, you shouldn't charge low either. You should charge the highest price the market will accept (unless you have an upsell once they are already your clients so the lifetime value makes this sensible)

good, "only factor"

I don't mention it, but it would surely come as a pleasant surprise for them once I state the price.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Thanks, you're really kind!

Yes, I do qualify prospects by the following criteria:
  • Must be an ecommerce store - preferrably Shopify/Woocommerce
  • Must have an Instagram account with a following between 10 to 100K with regular uploads
  • Must already be running mediocre Facebook Ads, that most commonly translates into them having 5-10 ads running, usually with subpar ad creative while some of their competitors are running hundreds.
  • Preferrably not a dropshipping store, though it's quite rare to see one with a solid social media following as building a brand is rarely a concern for dropshippers. I should know.
I'll never quit. However, I am disappointed with my lack of progress, especially looking back at 19 year old me profiting $10K a month, while 22 year old me is a bum.

Thanks again for the uplifting reply! I am the most confident man with the lowest self-esteem.

What kind of revenue should they have?

Maybe you're just going after prospects with no/low budgets.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Simon, has the 3rd meeting ever happened or was it a no-show again? If the person did turn up, then would be good to know how it all went?

They definitely did not turn up and neither did they reply to my last e-mail. I'm looking at the positives and I still got a lot out of the experience:

• Reassurance that what I'm doing is at least somewhat viable
  • Knowledge on how to setup a Meet call within gmail (had never touched that before)
  • A very concrete and, in my opinion, effective Facebook ads strategy plan that I will be sharing with my future prospects during a meeting.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
They definitely did not turn up and neither did they reply to my last e-mail. I'm looking at the positives and I still got a lot out of the experience:

• Reassurance that what I'm doing is at least somewhat viable
  • Knowledge on how to setup a Meet call within gmail (had never touched that before)
  • A very concrete and, in my opinion, effective Facebook ads strategy plan that I will be sharing with my future prospects during a meeting.

Switch to pay per appointment/show model and you'll get clients begging to work with you rather than the other way around!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Switch to pay per appointment/show model and you'll get clients begging to work with you rather than the other way around!

Hey, I thought about you and your situation last night when I went out for a walk before bed. How have you been doing?

Could you share a bit more about your process on pay per show?

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Hey, I thought about you and your situation last night when I went out for a walk before bed. How have you been doing?

Could you share a bit more about your process on pay per show?

I won't say the first month has been problem free since i set up the first 10 clients but I've probably made about £5000 before tax.

I do it a simple way.

- I created a brand in my niche.
- I sign up clients by telling them they don't pay me anything until a lead arrives for their appointment.
- I then run ads under my brand in a certain radius to their location.
- I have team who follows up with all the leads. We book appointments for them directly on our clients calendars.

They arrive and we get paid.

There's a lot of automated processes that make this work but that's basically it in a nutshell.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I won't say the first month has been problem free since i set up the first 10 clients but I've probably made about £5000 before tax.

I do it a simple way.

- I created a brand in my niche.
- I sign up clients by telling them they don't pay me anything until a lead arrives for their appointment.
- I then run ads under my brand in a certain radius to their location.
- I have team who follows up with all the leads. We book appointments for them directly on our clients calendars.

They arrive and we get paid.

There's a lot of automated processes that make this work but that's basically it in a nutshell.

Solid first month then!

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't look like it's applicable to what I'm trying to do (increase ecommerce stores' ROAS and conversion rate) but I'm happy you've gained traction.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Solid first month then!

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't look like it's applicable to what I'm trying to do (increase ecommerce stores' ROAS and conversion rate) but I'm happy you've gained traction.

Yes it's only for serviced based businesses. I have a friend in my agency group who's been trying to crack ecom for 6 months now and still struggling. He's got access to a £7k course with live calls and lots of successful people on there also. It's just not working for him either at the moment.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
It was fine time to quit fooling around and actually get serious about doing this, so this is what I've been up to the last couple days:
  • Designed and set up my agency's website
  • Got on a call with someone I really look up to and we formulated a plan for me to execute on
  • No more cold, plain-text emailing. It's really not worth reaching out to over 200 prospects for 1 failed meeting
  • Back to sending video audits, but (hopefully) in a much better, efficient format that catches the prospect's attention and leads them through my website's funnel
I was about to give up on this about a week ago, but I decided to push through and I'm super happy I did. I'll be sending 8-10+ video audits per day.

Will post an update in about a week. It's do or die.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Day 14
I got ahold of 10 business owners of cleaning companies on Friday yesterday.

1 out of 3 would tell me they have too many clients and not enough workers.

1 out of 3 said they can't afford a website currently since their business has been down. I kept saying that's exactly why I called and chose to help them rather than some big corp, but they insisted they don't have the budget.

And one of those who picked up (dude had a site that looked straight out of 2005-2006. Like a flash games site) immediately started yelling on the phone:

"Hello, is X on the phone?

- "Speaking.."

"Hi, this is Simeon, we recently worked with your colleagues in X cleaning company in Y city and got some great results for them. I have a question for you - are you getting any sales or clients from your site?

- ".. What do you mean?"

"Are people calling you from your website?"

- "I don't understand what you're aiming at" in an irritated tone

"You have a website. The website's domain is yy-77dotcom. You're on the 3rd page in Google for your niche's keywords. Are people visiting your site, are you getting any calls from it?"

- "WHY DO YOU THINK WE DON'T HAVE FIRMS LIKE YOURS HERE IN OUR CITY?"

"I am not a firm"

- "THEN WHAT ARE YOU?"

"A guy who helps small fish get better results with their business"

- "SMALL FISH!? I'M THE f*ckING MONOPOLY IN MY CITY. 47 PEOPLE ARE WORKING FOR ME, I OWN SEVERAL BUSINESSES AND I AM A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE!"

"Is that why your company's site looks like a flash games site from 2005?"

- "I DON'T NEED A SITE! I HAVE WAY TOO MANY CLIENTS ANYWAY!'

"So you're saying you have no need to advertise this particular (cleaning) business currently and your focus is on acquiring more workforce?"

- "Yes, exactly."

"What about your other businesses? Need help with them?"

*talks around 5 minutes about his other businesses*

"Know anyone who needs help advertising their business?"

- "I can't think of anyone currently. And yeah, I don't need to advertise. I'm the f*cking monopoly. I entered business with AGGRESSION. All of my competition is dead."

"Elaborate on "dead"?"

- "I stole their business, all of it. I took their clients on for free. Some for 6 months, others for 6 years. Because I can afford it and they couldn't"

"You started by working for free?"

- "NO. I've never worked a day in my life. I've never held a mop or a bucket."

"So you had capital and hired people from the very beginning?"

- "Yes."

"Where did you get it?"

- "If I said I cleaned windows that would be a lie. How old are you?"

"22."

- "Jesus christ you're a young boy. I'm 42 and made my money a year or two before you were born. I smuggled tobacco in the 90s."

"Interesting."

- "Yeah, I've had an interesting life." *proceeds by talking for another 10 minutes about his life, his father, telling me how shitty the city I live in is and how the one he's in is much better and industrial*

- "Listen, I have to go. Save my number and come visit me in Y city. I'll show you around the factories and we'll have a beer or two. It was nice talking to you, you're a lot like me."

"Sure, I might take you up on that offer one day. Have a good day."

- "You too."

Got a few other prospects on Friday with which I'll have to follow up. They're all women, curiously, since 90% of the people I talk to on the phone are men.

I'm also spreading the word out about what I do and offering anyone 20% for referrals. Hope this kicks into gear soon enough.

End of Day 14.

You have giant balls, if you made more calls you could make even more sales.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Still alive and still going at it. Sending between 5 to 10 personalized, video audit cold emails to qualified prospects. I actually built a whole sales funnel which goes cold email > video audit > personalized landing page in my website > automated call-booking system. Got over my insecurity of speaking English. I mostly get "we're fine for now" or "we're already with an agency" but just like those that walked this same path before me, I'm sticking with this until I get a "Yes, let's hop on a call this week!" type of response. And then sticking with it some more until I get enough clients to proudly proclaim "I am financially free".

About 40-50% of the prospects ACTUALLY reply back to me, a stark contrast to my old plain text, no website and no video audit emails which was around 2%.I've no idea how many emails I've sent at this point (counting follow ups). I think they're over 1000, with about 250-300 being unique prospects. Obviously quantity over quality isn't working for me, so recently I began sending less, but giving more value upfront than ever before.

It's easy to look at my progress these past 2 months and be disappointed with myself since I've made $0, but 2 months ago my emails were essays and my audits were F*cking terrible. I did not look professional in any way whatsoever. I had no website, no confidence in what I was doing. That has changed, at least.

Comparing my "now" to 2 months ago feels like I'm light years ahead. So I'm excited to see what 2 months from my "now" would look like.

By the way, more depressed than ever this year. Also going through what I found out is common here "Imposter Syndrome". Not looking for sympathy nor empathy. It does make me a bit mad at myself as typing this out in the open is like a confirmation, a self-fulfilling prophecy. But yeah, I'm depressed and not as sharp and witty as I was when I debuted this thread. I'm also tired and I might not even be able to afford enough to eat soon as my savings are all drying up.

And the funny thing is, I'm not even worried about the food, I'm worried about the weed that I won't be able to buy, as that's the only thing that allows me to mentally and physically strain for so many hours a day as it keeps my condition in remission. It's illegal here and pretty expensive. So much so I was considering growing my own. Isn't it hilarious, the thing that causes no harm and helps me function normally would get me tackled, handcuffed by the police and thrown in court?

Anyways, enough doom and gloom, I've got a decent process going here, just have to make it stick. Thanks for reading.

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
Still alive and still going at it. Sending between 5 to 10 personalized, video audit cold emails to qualified prospects. I actually built a whole sales funnel which goes cold email > video audit > personalized landing page in my website > automated call-booking system. Got over my insecurity of speaking English. I mostly get "we're fine for now" or "we're already with an agency" but just like those that walked this same path before me, I'm sticking with this until I get a "Yes, let's hop on a call this week!" type of response. And then sticking with it some more until I get enough clients to proudly proclaim "I am financially free".

About 40-50% of the prospects ACTUALLY reply back to me, a stark contrast to my old plain text, no website and no video audit emails which was around 2%.I've no idea how many emails I've sent at this point (counting follow ups). I think they're over 1000, with about 250-300 being unique prospects. Obviously quantity over quality isn't working for me, so recently I began sending less, but giving more value upfront than ever before.

It's easy to look at my progress these past 2 months and be disappointed with myself since I've made $0, but 2 months ago my emails were essays and my audits were f*cking terrible. I did not look professional in any way whatsoever. I had no website, no confidence in what I was doing. That has changed, at least.

Comparing my "now" to 2 months ago feels like I'm light years ahead. So I'm excited to see what 2 months from my "now" would look like.

By the way, more depressed than ever this year. Also going through what I found out is common here "Imposter Syndrome". Not looking for sympathy nor empathy. It does make me a bit mad at myself as typing this out in the open is like a confirmation, a self-fulfilling prophecy. But yeah, I'm depressed and not as sharp and witty as I was when I debuted this thread. I'm also tired and I might not even be able to afford enough to eat soon as my savings are all drying up.

And the funny thing is, I'm not even worried about the food, I'm worried about the weed that I won't be able to buy, as that's the only thing that allows me to mentally and physically strain for so many hours a day as it keeps my condition in remission. It's illegal here and pretty expensive. So much so I was considering growing my own. Isn't it hilarious, the thing that causes no harm and helps me function normally would get me tackled, handcuffed by the police and thrown in court?

Anyways, enough doom and gloom, I've got a decent process going here, just have to make it stick. Thanks for reading.

You got this bro.

Don't let your "depression" control how you live your life. It's just emotions.

You're on a mission to become financially free and live the life of your dreams, something that 99% of people don't even have the guts to start. Keep your head up and get the job done.

I wanna see that first retainer in October ;)

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
It was fine time to quit fooling around and actually get serious about doing this, so this is what I've been up to the last couple days:
  • Designed and set up my agency's website
  • Got on a call with someone I really look up to and we formulated a plan for me to execute on
  • No more cold, plain-text emailing. It's really not worth reaching out to over 200 prospects for 1 failed meeting
  • Back to sending video audits, but (hopefully) in a much better, efficient format that catches the prospect's attention and leads them through my website's funnel
I was about to give up on this about a week ago, but I decided to push through and I'm super happy I did. I'll be sending 8-10+ video audits per day.

Will post an update in about a week. It's do or die.

No one cares what your agency website looks like.

The only thing you should be doing all day every day is setting appointments and closing appointments.

Outreach, outreach, outreach.

Cold call 100 people a day if you have to.

Thats all for now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.