The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit (Room Shares, Ticket Exchanges, Etc.)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am going to reitterate something I have stated, but in stronger language. If you are coming to the meet up, but you are not a frequent poster here, you need to post an intro at a minimum so that people know who you are. As this gathering gets larger and turns more into a conference, it is still critical for the confidentiality of the gathering that we know who we are talking to, and talking with. You don't want to be the person that shows up that nobody knows who you are, as the reception won't be as warm as it could be. Get involved, get invested, and at a minimum step out of the shadows. The meetup is only as great as it's participants, and you don't want to be the reason people scale back their vulnerability. Step out of the shadows, and formally post an introduction. I will be calling you out as the weeks progress if you fall into the category of "unknown" so make yourself known (or sell your ticket.)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's a funny story from my first Beer and Pancakes (the predecessor to this FastLane summit.)

One of the people that I met was @biophase, one of the high flying eCommerce forum rockstars.

We exchanged phone numbers (or I creeped his off the contact list... I don't remember).

Fast forward to 2 weeks after the conference. My 2 year old daughter has my phone.

She is repetitively dialing someone, and then hanging up. Somehow. 3-4-5 times.

I grab the phone.

And in horror...

realize...

she had been calling Biophase.

So then, I have to call him, and explain that I am not really (sort of) stalking him.

So yeah, that happened.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Holy shit. Like 10% turnover of original tickets.

I am sad for a lot of you. The roller coaster of excitement yielded to the reality of contentment.

You'll notice that almost none of the people that have attended before would ever sell their tickets unless calamity hit. They're not going to miss this.

Your loss. See you next year at the same time, for the same gerbil wheel.

When you're ready to step off the wheel, buy a ticket --- and then don't sell it.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Holy shit. Like 10% turnover of original tickets.
I am sad for a lot of you. The roller coaster of excitement yielded to the reality of contentment.
You'll notice that almost none of the people that have attended before would ever sell their tickets unless calamity hit. They're not going to miss this.
Your loss. See you next year at the same time, for the same gerbil wheel.
When you're ready to step off the wheel, buy a ticket --- and then don't sell it.

It's okay, sometimes things legitimately come up that can't be avoided. Every individual has their own path to figure out & sometimes it's just not in the cards no matter the intent of the individual.

This is my favorite time of year here in the valley, not only for the weather, but seeing old friends, making new ones & the overall experience of the amazing energy of like/open minded individuals making things happen! :)

Now to finish my presentation....... lol.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
My son is looking for a roomie to share with. He's 18, doesn't snore. Pretty easy going. Room with two queens.
Does he enjoy hookers and blow?

Does he have a promising outlook or career path that he wouldn't mind losing?

Lastly, let's say *hypothetically* something happened to him... Would this be concerning to you two for any amount of time over say... A week?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Anyone else plan on working out during the trip?
I might take you up on the workouts, though I do a lot of bodyweight stuff.
I plan on working out.

Pick your friends carefully! It will make the difference between working out in the morning & hugging a toilet somewhere praying for death's sweet kiss. I'm not sure which friend I'll be just yet. Speaking of which, anyone turning 21 over the weekend?!???!? :)

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys, yes my friend is Dookadi. He actually joined the forum after attending B&P in 2013. (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/members/dookadi.14436/). He doesn't post at all I guess, but he does browse the forum without logging in every once in a while. I told him to go write an intro.

But to give you a little background on him before that, I've known him for 17 years now. In January 2013 he started an online business and he's done $5,000,000 in revenue in 3 years! He will have alot of ecommerce knowledge and will definitely be able to contribute and answer questions for people at the event. He does not live in Arizona, but just so happens to be in town until the end of next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good point. The ticket is going to a forum member, although I'm not sure he posts much here any more. As soon as I send the cash I'll send the info to Red and MJ.

The other ticket is for a forum member and a friend of his. I'll touch base and see who his friend is.

And yah, don't worry, I wouldn't invite any of the riff-raff. :p

For anyone looking to exchange their ticket, I will remind you of the event terms:

Terms of Event: Must be at least 18 years old. Please no children. Ticket is NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON- REFUNDABLE unless consent and prior approval is received from the event organizer. Price does not include lodging, air travel, or incidental expenses. As an attendee, you warrant and acknowledge that the content and topics presented at the event is for informational purposes only and shall not be construed as investment, tax, accounting, legal, or other professional advice. You understand that no information presented at this meeting constitutes a recommendation that any particular business, industry, website, security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The performance of all information presented, relayed, or accessed from this meetup are provided to you on an "as is" basis, without warranties of any kind whatsoever, including any implied warranties or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non- infringement of the rights of third parties. Your attendance is voluntary and under no circumstances will Viperion Corporation, et. al, be held liable by consequences related to your access, use, or application of presented content. As an attendee, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on or use by you of any information available at this meeting shall be entirely at your own risk. In no event shall "VC" nor any of its data providers, speakers, writers, editors, content providers, or sponsors be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or exemplary damages arising from the attendance of this event, including MJ DeMarco, Viperion Corporation, or any other related aliases.

Non-Transferable Means MYSELF or @Red need to know WHO's ticket is being offered prior to it being resold.

These back-door deals aren't going to happen without our knowledge. This is a private event -- the more people who are there who are "non-Fastlane [outside of family]" (never visited, don't care, don't contribute, no username, no account) the less open the environment becomes.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Oscar Pino

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 14, 2015
La Serena, Chile
Ill change the ticket record, please send him the registration form that came with the purchase.

So the world want me to go to the event :D

All ok with @saigon, I filled the form and send it to de fastlane event email.

I appreciate if you can confirm if the ticket ID transfer are correctly done :)

Thanks for make all of this possible, thanks for all.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
or just let it hit him like a firehose in the face?

I uhh.... ummm... thanks for the compliment?? I've heard swizzle stick before but never firehose....

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeahhhh i'm going to just go ahead and say this is optimistic :)

Just from a personal point of view, the time I spent with people after the conference (many times until 4am @GlobalWealth ) was some of the most valuable. During the conference there is no time to really bond and get to know people on a deeper level.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, There is about 0 time to do anything else. One year I had a total of 8 hours of sleep over 5 days. (do NOT attempt)

You will be immersed, it's not like other conferences where you have to find people. Everyone that thinks they will plan things outside rarely do unless you are going days before or days after.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I am going to reitterate something I have stated, but in stronger language. If you are coming to the meet up, but you are not a frequent poster here, you need to post an intro at a minimum so that people know who you are. As this gathering gets larger and turns more into a conference, it is still critical for the confidentiality of the gathering that we know who we are talking to, and talking with. You don't want to be the person that shows up that nobody knows who you are, as the reception won't be as warm as it could be. Get involved, get invested, and at a minimum step out of the shadows. The meetup is only as great as it's participants, and you don't want to be the reason people scale back their vulnerability. Step out of the shadows, and formally post an introduction. I will be calling you out as the weeks progress if you fall into the category of "unknown" so make yourself known (or sell your ticket.)
I'll second this. If I haven't run across you on the forums, I'm not likely to tell you much about myself, what the Wife and I do, etc. It's all a matter of trust and respect for confidentiality. The same goes for me: I'm something of a known quantity here and so I hope that others at the Meetup will be amenable to opening up about themselves and their businesses.

That being said, I would respect someone if they wanted to hold things back. We've seen businesses stolen (down to the webpage theme!) by non-productive scum before.

Last edited:

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Last edited:

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Yeah...and zero posts? No offence to @biophase if he's a friend of yours, but don't we want people that 'contribute to the community' there?

Don't you worry your pretty little head, he's good. I will personally vouch for him. We have things under control.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Are people already in town?
I couldn't get a ticket, and am currently pretty broke(embarrassing).
Would like to meet up with some of you nonetheless.

That's not really what this thread is intended for.

Step 1. Add some value to the forum
Step 2. Add some value to your life
Step 3. Foster some relationships and then

and only then

Step 4. Would people respond to that type of an offer.

Time is the most valuable commodity people have. They generally don't invest in you until they see you demonstrating you have invested in yourself.

Make it a goal to have enough money and credibility to meet ALL OF THEM, at the 2017 get together in your back yard.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Hmmm. I don't remember you making any good decisions last year. Pretty sure you were in my bedroom at 3am when I walked in the door drunk. Wtf mang

And thank you sooooo much for sending him back to my hotel room. Nothing like @LightHouse's sweet vodka soaked whispers at 4am...

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I don't imagine I will see you there either, firehose.
I suppose that it's too late to undo my unintentional labeling of @LightHouse , and rallying for the more appropriate name Swizzle Stick?

Heh.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm not sure about an appropriate response to this, I dont know how I got involved :-D
@LightHouse and @GlobalWealth

So here is a nice picture of a mountain.

Gnome_Tarn_Enchantments.jpg

Everyone have a good night, and keep counting down.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I have a room with two queens from Thursday till Monday. If you need a room, we can share!
(I have it booked/reserved under the Fastlane rate)

Additional: I am an early bird as I will go to workout or do something, of course will be as quiet as possible, but if youre the lighest sleeper and like to sleep in, may not be the perfect match.

Edit. I will arrive noon-ish, from Phoenix (renting car) and leaving monday) Also avaible to join the ride

Yeahhhh i'm going to just go ahead and say this is optimistic :)

Just from a personal point of view, the time I spent with people after the conference (many times until 4am @GlobalWealth ) was some of the most valuable. During the conference there is no time to really bond and get to know people on a deeper level.

Just my 2 cents.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
@Wisith,

A cab would be ideal, if transportation is needed. But from what I'm hearing there sounds like a few options on site. @Red, @MJ DeMarco or @AllenCrawley could one of you please provide some insight here? Thank you!

Uber, baby. Don't rent a car, it's unnecessary. To get picked up at Sky Harbor with Uber, set your pin (point of pickup) a little outside the airport grounds (the city won't let them do pickups at PHX) then text the driver your Terminal, number & side & they'll pick you up (done it many times myself).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah...and zero posts? No offence to @biophase if he's a friend of yours, but don't we want people that 'contribute to the community' there?
(Rhetorical question I guess. Not my forum after all.)
If it is who I think it is, you might want him there.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
(Rhetorical question I guess. Not my forum after all.)

@biophase knows the community, knows the event, and wouldn't waste a ticket IMO.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007