The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE 2008 National Apartment Report

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Ive been looking through the information here. How much do you value or use this info?

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
to work for them?

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
It is free and you can get it from their website. This is their annual report.
There are other reports you can get for free, plus many other you have to pay for.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
There are some real gotchas in some of these reports. Be carful how you use it.

Most of the major brokerage houses have publications. The data is great and very valuable. But, the raw data that they use in the reports is better.

Take a look at the reports at www.hpapts.com. You will notice that some of the data in the reporting is different. Also, keep in mind that what M&M is looking at as a top market may be considerally different than what you are using. I have been following these different broker reports for years. There are frequently times that the markets they have listed at the top, are markets that I would look to sell in. The markets that I am usually looking to buy in are toward the bottom of the list.

We all look for improving markets. The question is whether we are looking at them from the same approach. I like markets with a lot of vacancy and churn. These markets tend to get listed lower here.

Over the years, I have had conversations with the people putting this reseach together. I ask for information on how they rank and obtain certain data. It seems more subjective than I would like. But hey, mine is subjective as well.

So, use it more for a guide. Compare it to others. But above all, develop your own criteria.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom